dev question - craftable 78 df gear in 2.7

fire-breath

Hey eric, tait or courtney,

I wonder if we are going to be able to reverse engineer 78 dread forged gear in 2.7 just like we can with underworld.

Back when 72 underworld was the highest tier it was the official statement we always would be able to craft the 2nd highest tier.

The exception at this rule was 75 kelldragon for rwasons i forgot.

Could any of you give an update about it if this rule is still in place? Have been grinding exotic elements and massmanipulators to craft my missing enhancements :-)

Don't count on it, I suppose new NiM gear will be on same place as 75s - pure token based.

This would mean no commendations tier changes, so no crafting tier changes too.

Otherwise they simply need to make all BM RE able, all BM/Arcanian - 55 starter gear with no OPs mats requirement (or mostly EEE as they drop in HM FPs too), all Verpine and UW RE able and costing 1 MMG + 4 EEE & all 78s RE able and cost 1 MMG + 5 Isotope 5 + 5 EEE + base mats.

Too much work just for 1 NiM tier that 95% of population would have not obtained till next level rise.

Don't count on it, I suppose new NiM gear will be on same place as 75s - pure token based.

This would mean no commendations tier changes, so no crafting tier changes too.

Otherwise they simply need to make all BM RE able, all BM/Arcanian - 55 starter gear with no OPs mats requirement (or mostly EEE as they drop in HM FPs too), all Verpine and UW RE able and costing 1 MMG + 4 EEE & all 78s RE able and cost 1 MMG + 5 Isotope 5 + 5 EEE + base mats.

Too much work just for 1 NiM tier that 95% of population would have not obtained till next level rise.

I hope you're wrong because I have been saving 78 item mods for some time now in the hope that 78s do become craftable.

There are alternatives to shifting all existing schematics down:

• increase the quantities of all three exotic materials: i.e. Instead of the current 1 MMG, 5 I-5s, and 5 EEEs for 72s, they could make 78 crafted need 2 MMGs, 10 I-5s, and 10 EEEs (or some other variation)
  • introduce a new exotic material to replace MMG or be in addition to the current "formula".

well, its confirmed, mats are 2 mmg 8 isotope, 8 eee.

If 72s were 900k-1.2m then will these sell for roughly double?

I would say triple to start due to lack of supply.

As more players get the schematics, figure the prices will eventually drop to the cost of the materials: 1.4m.

I would say triple to start due to lack of supply.

As more players get the schematics, figure the prices will eventually drop to the cost of the materials: 1.4m.

Ouch, steep. I only have about 25mil credits and am still in 2/3 72s (and some of my 78s are not "optimized") so I'm looking to get in full 78s ASAP and may not have enough creds to do so. My raid group just doesn't raid very often and I have bad luck with rolls (still only have 1/6 set pieces I need, this won't help that) and I want to be ready for the 81 hunt as soon as its released.

Ouch, steep. I only have about 25mil credits and am still in 2/3 72s (and some of my 78s are not "optimized") so I'm looking to get in full 78s ASAP and may not have enough creds to do so. My raid group just doesn't raid very often and I have bad luck with rolls (still only have 1/6 set pieces I need, this won't help that) and I want to be ready for the 81 hunt as soon as its released.

Some crafters may be willing to make gear for you for materials + a tip. Unfortunately, the price of the raw materials is likely to go up due to demand skyrocketing, so you won't really save that much money.

If you're serious about running Nightmare when 2.7 drops, I would suggest finding another guild. Not only will it help you gear up to 78s faster, but a group that doesn't raid very often, and doesn't already have HM DF and HM DP on farm, is going to have a miserable time running NM DF.

Edited by Khevar

Question: who do you plan to do NiM DF with other than your "raid group"? Do you really think you will be able to PuG it?

To add to the "ouch," apparently material speculation has already begun (on The Harbinger):

MMGs were 300k they are now 400k

Isotopes were 75k they are now 90k

EEEs were 25k they are now 30k

So count on even higher prices