Is synth really that bad?!?! Kick from a pug?!?!?!

WeaverBlodhgarm

So today I basically got removed from a pug. They asked if I had my consumables, I said I will drop by the GTN and pick some up along the way. They then asked if this was my main and if so what was my professions? Why do I not just make my own consumables? I said well I cant I am a Synthweaver. About 10 seconds later I was removed from the group. Is everyone going Biochem on their main's? Is it really that bad to not have Biochem on your main for PvE? Is Synthweaving really that much of a bs profession for a main to have no a days? When I used to play this game at launch I loved my Synth, now its shunned?

ADDED: I was then made fun of in General chat for about 15mins for my main being a synth. It was so bad I logged out.

Edited by WeaverBlodhgarm

But if I already have a 450 armormech and 450 cybertech to make the MK-9 kits should I still keep synth? Also in Ref to your move along, "these are not the droids you are looking for".

He's saying (and I agree) that the players you grouped with are idiots and you should not concern yourself with what they think. They were wrong to kick you for not having Biochem. That being said, they were running the group and do have the right to make choices as to who participates...even if those choices are piss poor.

FACT: the consumable versions of stims and adrenals provide better bonuses than the reusable versions.

FACT: even if you were biochem and had no stims to use, it would take 20+ minutes to make some, so you would have to buy them anyway to participate. That is unless they were OK with you using reusables which does not make sense because of fact #1.

As for synthweaving, it makes augments as well as slot kits. If your character is a force user then synthweaving for augments is a good thing. Armormech makes augments as well but only for non-force users and tanks.

But if I already have a 450 armormech and 450 cybertech to make the MK-9 kits should I still keep synth? Also in Ref to your move along, "these are not the droids you are looking for".

As psandak said you can make augments with synth as well that will cover all your force users. Between armormech and synth you have every classes main stats covered from an augment perspective. As long as you have a 450 slicer you can get all the mats you need for augments, and once you have made all the augments and kits you need this is a great source of income for you.

Biosynth and cybertech are definitely your best two skills, but I just could not bring myself to level a new skill on my main once I realized that synth would be less useful at level cap. I was glad I kept it though as I made quite a few credits selling Rakata belts and wrists back in the day. If you know what you are doing you can make any of the crafting skills make you enough money to buy what you cannot produce.

Also there are some augments that only a synweaver can make that an armormech and armstech can't make.

No-one can force you to do what they want, especially not PUGs.

Its not so much forcing me, I am just a bit of a min-maxer and I like to always try and get the most from my toons. I think it maybe from the hardcore years of raiding in EQ, and WoW. I don't mind being average, but being subpar is not in my vocabulary.

Its not so much forcing me, I am just a bit of a min-maxer and I like to always try and get the most from my toons. I think it maybe from the hardcore years of raiding in EQ, and WoW. I don't mind being average, but being subpar is not in my vocabulary.

I completely understand.

If you plan on taking a serious stab at crafting, and plan on having multiple alts, you can cover your bases with difference crafting skills based on the companion bonuses you get.

For example:

Jedi Knights do well with Biochem, as Doc as a +5 biochem crit

Troopers do well with Armormech because Tanno Vik as a +5 armormech crit.

Smugglers to well with Armstech as Corso Riggs has a +5 armstech crit.

Here's a great resource for data on this:

https://docs.google.com/a/copperhamster.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av7rr4x654YfdGY2RG9zcjFfSk9ZWHlqRnFlZDlOcUE#gid=0

Edited by Khevar

I was glad I kept it though as I made quite a few credits selling Rakata belts and wrists back in the day.

I don't know what you were selling but it wasn't Rakata. Rakata belts and bracers bind to you as soon as you make them. This has been that way since launch and remains that way today.

I made tons of them trying to proc some with augment slots and than kitted my companions with them within the first couple weeks of launch. I still have them and the recipe still makes them bound to you.

Basically, you ran into a PUG that contained douches, just ignore them, keep your Synthweaving profession (Play the game how you want to) and enjoy your time. Always has been and always will be players who do things without reason or for lack of good reason in MMORPG's.

Let me put it this way, if this would've happened to me i'd just have 8/16 more people in my ignore list they were just a bunch of idiots. I do have synthweaving in one of my toons and i'm pretty sure is the skill that gives me more money specially now since a lot of dps are using mainstat augments, they sell faster than i can make them

Its ok to be stimmed for an op run but it doesnt matter where you got them from

I never stim for pug groups..... ever. Hell I don't even stim for progression raiding with my guild at this point. When NiM content comes out I will start stimming again and I will probably use consumables on my slinger even though she is a Biochem. PUGS are dumb.

Most raiders usually run with Biochem on their mains / raiding toon because you can use reusable stims / medpacks / adrenals as it is cheaper in the long run. Some DPS use adrenals like candy (I'm talking like 20+ adrenals each raid), so having Biochem as a raiding is going to be cheaper. The difference between reusable ones and the prototype isn't noteworthy.

Most top end raiders usually run with Biochem on their mains / raiding toon because you can use reusable stims / medpacks / adrenals as it is cheaper in the long run. Some DPS use adrenals like candy (I'm talking like 20+ adrenals each raid), so having Biochem as a raiding is going to be cheaper. The difference between reusable ones and the prototype isn't noteworthy.

Fixed.