The BattleZone Reboot Round 1 Match 12: Kas'im vs. An'ya Kuro

Aurbere

Welcome to the return of The BattleZone! Here the best of the best face off to answer the question of who is the deadliest combatant. Taken after the Jedi Temple’s Apprentice Tournament, thirty-two of history’s greatest Jedi and Sith battle for supremacy.

Our previous match saw The Lord of Betrayals only barely defeat the Sith’ari in single combat. But now we turn to our next match. What will happen when the Battlemaster of the Brotherhood of Darkness meets the brutal Dark Woman in combat? We will only find out when these two face off in The BattleZone!

Battlefield: Hapes Fountain Palace

Lightsaber skill:

Kas'im:

Kas’im served as the Battlemaster for the Brotherhood of Darkness, and was their greatest lightsaber duelists. After slaying his master, Kas’im spent the majority of his life dedicated to lightsaber combat. Countless hours of practice honed his skills, and he achieved mastery of lightsaber combat.

Kas’im had mastered all seven lightsaber forms, as well as multiple combat styles. He fought with a double-bladed lightsaber that had the ability to disconnect at the middle into two lightsabers, a tactic he used in his final duel against aspiring Dark Lord Bane.

Kas’im had mastered lightsaber combat during his time, and his peers considered him to be the best lightsaber duelist in history.

An'ya Kuro:

An’ya Kuro served as one of the Jedi Temple’s instructors, and served as the master to Jedi Master Ki-Adi Mundi. Like Jedi Master Yoda, Kuro was a master of Ataru and used the intense acrobatics despite her age.

Kuro was also proficient in dual-blade combat.

Edge: Despite An’ya Kuro’s impressive skills that allowed her to disarm Darth Vader, Kas’im has developed a high-level mastery of lightsaber combat, and has developed a vast skillset. Kas’im’s dedication to lightsaber combat gives him the edge.

Physicality:

Kas'im:

Kas’im is an aging Twi’lek male, but his age has shown no real detriment to his physical ability.

An'ya Kuro:

An’ya Kuro is an aging human female. Her usage of Ataru’s intense acrobatics, despite this is impressive. However, she is old, and the prolonged use of Ataru could prove detrimental.

Edge:The given edge here is quite obvious. Despite Kuro’s ability to enhance her physical capabilities, the strenuous nature of Ataru will drain her physically. Kas’im likely does not have this disadvantage.

Mentality:

Kas'im:

Kas’im was a tactician of sorts. When training students, he would teach them much of what he knew, but he would keep his own secrets. When training Sith Apprentice Bane, Kas’im did not instruct Bane in the lethal dual-blade variant of Ataru.

An'ya Kuro:

An’ya Kuro’s instruction at the Jedi Temple was often seen as brutal and disturbing by her peers. It was her teachings that likely contributed to Aurra Sing’s hatred of the Jedi, Kuro in particular. Kuro gained a reputation as a brutal and unorthodox Jedi Master, but despite her methods, she was utterly devoted to the Light Side, and found peace in the Force upon her death.

Edge: An accurate measure of their tactical capabilities cannot be made. However, Kas’im’s advanced knowledge of lightsaber combat does give him a different kind of mental edge.

Force abilities:

Kas'im:

Kas’im’s focus was on lightsaber combat, but he developed the basic techniques of the Force such as physical augmentation and defense against enemy Force attacks.

An'ya Kuro:

An’ya Kuro was a very powerful Jedi Master and displayed a high degree of mastery in esoteric Jedi abilities. She displayed the ability to manipulate plant life, an ability she used to great effect on Darth Vader.

She also displayed the ability to render herself invisible to others. She could also fade through objects and teleport.

Kuro was particularly adept at using the Force to augment her speed and dexterity to pull off the acrobatics involved in Ataru mastery.

Edge: I don’t really need to say anything here. Kas’im’s focus on lightsaber combat is his undoing in this area. While he has developed his rudimentary Force abilities, An’ya Kuro has mastered several rare esoteric abilities. Her mastery of the Force is very far ahead of Kas’im’s.

(Remember that the given edge is my opinion)

Thoughts:I should also note that, for the purpose of the thread, the analysis does not take into account certain ‘outliers.’ PM me if you want to learn my full opinion on certain areas. I also apologize for the briefness of certain categories. There isn't much information on the physical and mental aspects of these characters.

Who will win? Who is truly superior?

Edited by Aurbere

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An'ya could possibly win this, she did well against Vader though the only reason she was able to disarm him was because of her ability to teleport but then this also being a double edged sword for her as she exerted herself and was thus killed. So if she can use her ability, and catch Kas'im with it she can win....in an actual duel however I see it being similar to Qui-Gon vs Maul, though Kas'im isn't nearly as good as Maul nor as young, the basic outline is here...he could wear her down and end up winning that way.

Physicality:

Kas'im:

Kas’im is an aging Twi’lek male, but his age has shown no real detriment to his physical ability.

An'ya Kuro:

An’ya Kuro is an aging human female. Her usage of Ataru’s intense acrobatics, despite this is impressive. However, she is old, and the prolonged use of Ataru could prove detrimental.

Edge:The given edge here is quite obvious. Despite Kuro’s ability to enhance her physical capabilities, the strenuous nature of Ataru will drain her physically. Kas’im likely does not have this advantage.

Curious and wondering if there is a typo. Should it be that Kas'im has the advantage in this category as you state that Kas'im has no physical detriment and Kuro does?

Edited by sell-dog

Well....Kuro can't hope to beat Kas'im without her full Force Potential. I'm sure she'll teleport, and use the palace to hide and strike from the shadows.......or she could go Ataru frenzy:p Depends. If Kas'im can hold his own until she's too tired to keep fighting(if that's possible), he can struck her down easily. Unless she goes stealth. Well this going to be one long duel, that's for sure. And we don't know how good Kas'im actually is. Is he good enough to struck down a female Yoda?.......Imagine if An'ya uses two sabers and Kas'im takes out his double bladed saber, and then both starting using Ataru on each other.....Man that would crazy!:eek:

Interesting assessments so far.

Well, I don't know if anyone noticed but this was also my first reply since six months. Renewed my subscription yesterday, so, I'll be sticking around for a couple months. You've no idea how frustrating it is to watch all those things happen the last months, but not be able to say a thing. It's like someone took you're voice. Well in this case it was either my money or my voice, so I compimised:)

Well, I don't know if anyone noticed but this was also my first reply since six months. Renewed my subscription yesterday, so, I'll be sticking around for a couple months. You've no idea how frustrating it is to watch all those things happen the last months, but not be able to say a thing. It's like someone took you're voice. Well in this case it was either my money or my voice, so I compimised:)

Well, if you have comments on previous matches, you can make them in home thread.

Well, if you have comments on previous matches, you can make them in home thread.

Well thank you. This was a day full of achievements. I reached Level 50 with my Jedi Guardian and

Anyways, I also made a new personal record in jogging, but I'm sure no one cares soooooooooooooo back to the match!

Well thank you. This was a day full of achievements. I reached Level 50 with my Jedi Guardian and
Anyways, I also made a new personal record in jogging, but I'm sure no one cares soooooooooooooo back to the match!

Congrats on the achievenments.

I think part of the problem is, these two are...well pretty much bare characters compared to the rest(aside from some others too) so there isn't a lot to go off of.

Kinda true, but they could an interesting battle scenario. Though I expect, next time, Aurbere will give us a star-studded match of at least moderate level. Right Aurbere?

Kinda true, but they could an interesting battle scenario. Though I expect, next time, Aurbere will give us a star-studded match of at least moderate level. Right Aurbere?

Probably not the next one. I only have two big match ups left, and four matches to go. I was planning on getting the minor characters out of the way in this final stretch, then closing the first round with a bang.

Probably not the next one. I only have two big match ups left, and four matches to go. I was planning on getting the minor characters out of the way in this final stretch, then closing the first round with a bang.

OK, now we have to wait for someone to post something. Propably Tune. Guess I'm going off for the night. It's nearly 11 pm here. A bit early, but I've been in the PC for way too much today. I actually defeated the Emperor and did the Hoth Bonus series, so I don't regret anything:) Goodnight.

Kas'im wins, altogether he is a superior duelist and I don't believe Kuro's abilities will save her. Within the walls of the palace there will be no plant life for her to manipulate and teleporting will only delay her defeat. Her Force powers are simply not great enough to overcome Kas'im who as a master of all seven styles will have an answer to every attack.

It is a bit silent. But let's face it, we all knew that this would take a back seat to the Kaggath.
Heh heh heh. :jawa_evil:

No but really, these combatants are probably the most obscure in the list, so we can't expect a big turnout. And in my opinion, while the battle would be lengthy, there is really no way Kuro can win this.

Kas'im wins, altogether he is a superior duelist and I don't believe Kuro's abilities will save her. Within the walls of the palace there will be no plant life for her to manipulate and teleporting will only delay her defeat. Her Force powers are simply not great enough to overcome Kas'im who as a master of all seven styles will have an answer to every attack.

Well, I believe she managed to catch Vader off guard with teleporting. Regardless, it is likely not an energy efficient ability, so it's a hit or miss thing.

Also, Kas'im being a better duelist didn't seem to help him against the lesser duelist in Bane, did it? :p

No but really, these combatants are probably the most obscure in the list, so we can't expect a big turnout. And in my opinion, while the battle would be lengthy, there is really no way Kuro can win this.

Yeah, they are obscure, and I doubt the next match will draw a great deal of attention. Or the match after that. I'm going to save the bigger matches for last, I think.

Kuro isn't as good as Kas'im, but she is going to stealth and try to catch him off guard. She is going to teleport, pass through walls. There is no chance Kas'im can contain her. And I can't think of a way to disable her powers, too. The only way I can think right now, is to trick her. Make her feel she has the upper hand, and when she is confident, take her out before she can do anything. Much like Sidious did. Hell, with those abilities she could even beat Traya! ( u mad beni?:jawa_tongue::D )

Kuro isn't as good as Kas'im, but she is going to stealth and try to catch him off guard. She is going to teleport, pass through walls. There is no chance Kas'im can contain her. And I can't think of a way to disable her powers, too. The only way I can think right now, is to trick her. Make her feel she has the upper hand, and when she is confident, take her out before she can do anything. Much like Sidious did. Hell, with those abilities she could even beat Traya! ( u mad beni?:jawa_tongue::D )
Kas'im's double-bladed lightsaber affords him an excellent defense. See here how Maul effortlessly deflects an attack without looking and then proceeds to hold of two powerful Ataru users simultaneously despite his primary form having a supposedly non-existent defense.

Now Kas'im is no Maul but Kuro is no Qui-Gon or even Kenobi, and Kas'im is a battlemaster and highly skilled. Kuro can teleport all she likes but it only takes a small change in footwork for Kas'im to intercept her every attack. He can hunker down and take her Ataru onslaught and once tired he'll unleash his own and far more deadly counterattack.

Kas'im's double-bladed lightsaber affords him an excellent defense. See here how Maul effortlessly deflects an attack without looking and then proceeds to hold of two powerful Ataru users simultaneously despite his primary form having a supposedly non-existent defense.

Now Kas'im is no Maul but Kuro is no Qui-Gon or even Kenobi, and Kas'im is a battlemaster and highly skilled. Kuro can teleport all she likes but it only takes a small change in footwork for Kas'im to intercept her every attack. He can hunker down and take her Ataru onslaught and once tired he'll unleash his own and far more deadly counterattack.

I thought that a double bladed lightsaber was an offensive wepon, and it was supposed to increase the rate of strikes. Still, there is no way, for Kas'im to contain her. Also, the double ended saber, isn't the most maneuverable one. Anya can break his defense with the the force, dissapear, hit, dissapear, until he gets mad. And that's the best about stealth: It can come from everywhere, and you can't see it coming, you can do nothing about it. She won't be stupid, engaging Kas'im more than ten seconds. You say it's easy to deflect every single of her attacks , but she can teleport, right behind him, then go stealth, pass through walls, she can make that palace her playground, and Kas'im her little toy. He'll get tired, angry and desperate. As soon as she doesn't get predictable or overconfident, she has it.