Involuntarily flagged for PvP as a 32 by a 50 on a PvE server.

Deyjarl

I was working on the bonus series on Nar Shaddaa on my level 32 character at the time. The bonus quests that take you into the Shared area with Imperials. I think nothing of it, I'm not flagged.

Attack a group of mobs, and just as I'm about to do an AoE burst, a level 50 jump in tags one just before my AoE damage ticks flagging the mob to him, so when my damage hits, I'm flagged also.

I rolled on a PvE server to avoid stuff like this. I don't mind PvP, but I'm not interesting in Open World all the time. Most of my characters are on PvE servers, and that is what I expected, PvE unless I voluntarily decide to PvP. That did not occur here.

There is no PvP buff for it to balance it out some either.

Again I rolled on PvE server expecting not to have to deal with this. That is what the PvE and PvP server difference was for. But seems there are some ways to exploit that.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ganked so many people on my server inside enemy bases and I havent seen a single thread about how the turrets in towns need to have longer aggro range or how robots need to have better stealth detection

As soon as one PvE server guy gets involuntary ganked the whole world is ending

I've ganked so many people on my server inside enemy bases and I havent seen a single thread about how the turrets in towns need to have longer aggro range or how robots need to have better stealth detection

Well, he took steps to avoid people like you and the game failed him.

This highlights just how little the TOR devs know what they are doing. PvP should not be an option of any kind on the PvE servers. Not even sparring or dueling. PvP should be 100% restricted to the servers dedicated to PvP. PvE players choose a PvE server because they don't want to play with that ganking crap.

More BioWare/EA/Lucasarts fail.

Same things happened to me twice, was killing mobs, i have no interest in PvP and all of a sudden a bunch of republic's appeared and started wailing on me...its been happening now two days in a row.

I've sent a ticket into BW obviously they will just ignore it, i have no interest in PVP at all, I'm on a PVE server. Keeps happening I'll simply unsub and leave.

Kind of funny how it happened.

If BW changed it so that unflagged characters cannot damage flagged characters, forcing you to /pvp before being able to damage him, it wouldn't have happened.

Oh well. You ended up getting killed. I'd laugh and move on.

You just got tricked into flagging. Not a big deal.

And its something I'd prefer changed. I rolled that character on a PvE server and expected as such. There should not be "tricking" into flagging. I either Join a PvP skirmish, or I flag myself voluntarily.

If I wanted this type of PvP for this character I would have rolled him on a PvP server.

Edited by Deyjarl

not everyone gives a crap about pvp, and this guy wasn't involuntarily ganked. He was intentionally griefed by a baddie who thought it would be funny to one shot someone much lower level.

If mr. flagged level 50 wanted to gank lowbies, roll on a pvp server and keep his stupid unwanted and unasked for ganking off my pve server.

If mr. flagged level 50 wanted to gank lowbies, roll on a pvp server and keep his stupid unwanted and unasked for ganking off my pve server.

Exactly. There shouldn't be any way for him to drag another player into PvE.

While I don't mind PvPing in the areas, I know there are players that absolutely want nothing to do with PvP, and they should not have to. They made their characters on a PvE server for a reason.

So update here. 2 and a half weeks no response in the game petition. So I added the comment asking what was going on, I don't need to know about actions on another player, just has this been forwarded on.

The ticket doesn't get closed it gets locked, then deleted.

I had no idea what had happened.

Level 50 group just flagged me for PvP, a level 40 playing alone. I hadn't seen it before so I didn't realize that I could even turn it off. Did they 'trick' me by me fighting back, or if I had been fast and typed in /PvP would it have turned off before they could kill me?

When I looked it up on the online help, it says that you stay flagged for 5 minutes after switching it off. I healed and typed in /pvp and it says I turned it on, which I don't get, I am flagged, but it isn't on?

I typed it in again to turn the flag 'off' and I guess I have to wait my 5 minutes, after I waste my quick travel to get to a Catina? Is there a quicker way to turn this off?

I think I know one of their names, or close. Should I report them?

Not amused. PvE should be PvE. I have no interest in playing PvP. :mad:

Level 50 group just flagged me for PvP, a level 40 playing alone. I hadn't seen it before so I didn't realize that I could even turn it off. Did they 'trick' me by me fighting back, or if I had been fast and typed in /PvP would it have turned off before they could kill me?

When I looked it up on the online help, it says that you stay flagged for 5 minutes after switching it off. I healed and typed in /pvp and it says I turned it on, which I don't get, I am flagged, but it isn't on?

I typed it in again to turn the flag 'off' and I guess I have to wait my 5 minutes, after I waste my quick travel to get to a Catina? Is there a quicker way to turn this off?

It will be fine in 5 minutes, just relax

So update here. 2 and a half weeks no response in the game petition. So I added the comment asking what was going on, I don't need to know about actions on another player, just has this been forwarded on.

The ticket doesn't get closed it gets locked, then deleted.

Have you tried posting in the CS forum? You might get someone from BW to notice.

Easy fix that should have been in the game from the beginning. Only direct damage to a targetted flagged player should ever turn on your flag. AE's should never allow a non-flagged person to become flagged. This is the oldest trick in the book.

This happens in tons of games, and it's usually fixed later on. I don't understand how a company just can't get it right from the get go.

Edited by Qilz

The best thing to do is disable the PvP flag, logout and wait 5 minutes.

Yes, you can report them if you want. I'm not sure what Bioware is doing to people who do this.

Ignore those guys.

The same thing happened to me on Tattoine. I agree it's an exploit that needs to be fixed. Players of the opposing faction should not be able to trick anyone on a PvE server into flagging for PvP involuntarily.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Agreed. The only way to flag yourself for PVP on a PVE server should be by manually selecting a menu option or typing in some kind of /enblepvp or something.

You should also not flag for PVP if you buff someone from your same faction who is flagged.