Im done with cartel coin biz, and almost done with this game. This is why.

Bradyw

Last night was the last time I Purchase cartel crap. I went to buy CC and I get a pop up send me to Battle field V advertisement screen with no way to go back to my purchase almost like nope you have to purchase this monthly origin Fee to buy CCs and play BF5. while I'm in the middle of playing a game. If i wanted to play an FPS full of hacks id be playing battle field COD or battle front. im playing SWTOR! but no this whole event took me completely out of the submersion of the game. Yes i know you can purchase CC with in game if you put your Credit card on your account so they can randomly charge your card for stuff when they want yes that happened. Im glad all this happened because I realized I have spent over $200 dollars on this game in 1 month with out even thinking about it. So im done with the Cartel Coins. unless they fix PVP and questing to earn stuff. I think i may be leaving this game im sure EA will not listen to its player base they have proven that. I dont even know why im wasting my time with this post.

I miss the MMORPG style play where you quest to earn the things you want in game not just click a button and bam! You got it. its almost like there is no reason to play the game. there is nothing to really work for, other than PVP gear which brings up the question why is there so many different currencies. this was the most ignorant concept ever brought to an MMO. This concept is so unorganized its like a preschooler tried to color a picture and ripped through the paper its utter garbage.

This game has been out for more than 5 years and it is still full of broken crap. PVP is still broken. PVP is still always a one sided match. The match up system is rediculous. when theres not full teams you get 4 on 1 or 3 on 1. Why doesnt the matching system put those extra players on the other team, and why are all the higher levels with in the bracket put on one side with the lower levels in the bracket on the other. There is no excuse for a game this old to have this kind of garbage match making. EA used to be the best gaming company until they got greedy.

I understand the need to make money to keep things running. I get it, but really i don't see how anyone can forget the history of atari and why gaming almost ended completely. Creating half made games just to bring in cash is the beginning of the end for gaming. Im sorry EA but your greed shows and its going to be the end of you look at your stock. Every time I see a post or hear about EA its all negative no one has anything nice to say about EA anymore. EA your ethics are flawed your games have potential, and you have ruined your own good name. Electronic Arts used to be art SWTOR is an ok game. what happen to taking pride in the products and making art You can do so much better and create actual gaming art. you need to change your name EA, to OO Games Oink oink Games becuase EA you have become nothing but pigs and you do nothing but produce garbage anymore.

I understand the need to make money to keep things running. I get it, but really i don't see how anyone can forget the history of atari and why gaming almost ended completely.

If this comment is relevant (I have my doubts), the obvious reason why people have forgotten it is that the event in question was 35 years ago.

Yes, I do know what you're referring to, although I'll admit to not being entirely sure why people pour *so*much* hate on ET (the Atari 2600 console cartridge). Before you try to enlighten me, I'll point out that I played it back then in 1983, and I *beat* it. Lest there be any hint of ambiguity: I played the Atari 2600 console game ET, and I *won*. I learned how to fall in holes when I wanted, and *only* when I wanted, and I learned how to get out of them, and all that. I even saw the Yar.

If this comment is relevant (I have my doubts), the obvious reason why people have forgotten it is that the event in question was 35 years ago.

Yes, I do know what you're referring to, although I'll admit to not being entirely sure why people pour *so*much* hate on ET (the Atari 2600 console cartridge). Before you try to enlighten me, I'll point out that I played it back then in 1983, and I *beat* it. Lest there be any hint of ambiguity: I played the Atari 2600 console game ET, and I *won*. I learned how to fall in holes when I wanted, and *only* when I wanted, and I learned how to get out of them, and all that. I even saw the Yar.

Yeah, tbh I have no idea what the OP is talking about with regards to Atari. Of course, if it happened 35 years ago well then I was 6 at the time and not even into computer/console/whatever games.

I've never seen an ad when buying cartel coins. Not that I do it very often but I did get a few just recently and there wasn't an ad. OP, were you buying them in game through the CM interface? Or through the SWTOR website?

Also, Steve ... what's a Yar?

Edited by Elessara

I miss the MMORPG style play where you quest to earn the things you want in game not just click a button and bam! You got it. its almost like there is no reason to play the game. there is nothing to really work for, other than PVP gear which brings up the question why is there so many different currencies. this was the most ignorant concept ever brought to an MMO. This concept is so unorganized its like a preschooler tried to color a picture and ripped through the paper its utter garbage.

^I'm just going to return comment on this part, because the rest reads a complete unrelated nonsense to me.

This is an MMO and you can indeed play the game and follow mission/story arcs (not quests dude. there are no quests in this MMO.. but I get that fixation of the term on your part) and NEVER touch the CM side of things if you don't want to.

Seriously.. your wound here is self-inflicted. Why have you been buying CCs to begin with???????? There is absolutely nothing on the CM that cannot be readily gained in game by playing the game, gathering credits and then buying with credits from other players. Not to mention nothing on the CM is in any way mission critical to actually playing this game as an MMO. It's all cosmetic things.. readily tradable between players (unlike many other MMOs) and as such.. just play the game and shop on occasion on the GTN for the cosmetics you desire. Leave the CM side of things for players who actually do enjoy it for whatever reason.

Edited by Andryah

Also, Steve ... what's a Yar?

A Yar was a sort of pixellated fly, the hero of another Atari console game, Yar's Revenge. It was an Easter Egg feature in ET where if you did XYZ sequence of things, when you went to revive the flower, instead of the flower reviving, it turned into a Yar and flew up the screen.

The ET game has been frequently cited as one of the worst video games ever (whence my comment about not understanding the intensity of the hate poured on it, because I've played much worse, both before and since), and was (cited as) a major contributing factor to the Video Game Crash of 1983.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_crash_of_1983

Yes i know you can purchase CC with in game if you put your Credit card on your account so they can randomly charge your card for stuff when they want yes that happened.

A few years back I was buying cartel stuff like crazy. I loved this game so much and it was a huge part of my entertainment which I'll gladly pay for. I've never had this happen to me in this game or any other game or any bank transaction anywhere. I know accounts can be hacked. Perhaps I've just been lucky. But I seriously doubt EAware did this to you and didn't fix it back after you complained. And if you didn't inform them, that's not their fault.

The ET game has been frequently cited as one of the worst video games ever (whence my comment about not understanding the intensity of the hate poured on it, because I've played much worse, both before and since), and was (cited as) a major contributing factor to the Video Game Crash of 1983.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_crash_of_1983

Whoa, memory lane ...

That article comments that there was misinformation and an urban legend about the sheer volume of unsold E.T. cartridges buried in a landfill. This is probably why many people overestimate the impact that one game had.

It's interesting that one of the factors mentioned in the article was the rise of personal computers (e.g. Commodore 64, Apple II), making dedicated consoles such as Atari less appealing. The start of the PC vs Console wars! :D

My friends and I had C64s and those were our main avenue for games at the time -- we weren't noticeably impacted by the Atari crash. Heck, some of my favorites were made/released during the crash: Load Runner, Impossible Mission, Ultima III and Bard's Tale off the top of my head.

Edited by Khevar

ET was a terrible game and it deserves its place on top of almost all lists of "worst video games in the history of gaming". 5 weeks development says all.

I'd like to think that I also "won" the game, at least I remember the forest scene with the spaceship picking ET up. Then again, maybe it was just a pic on the cover. I remember playing it though and feeling bad that I disliked it, because my parents gave it to me as a present and they didn't have much money and those games were not cheap back then and I felt that I should appreciate the gift more, but I couldn't. The game was just too bad.

One main reason for the failure of the game was the screwed up collision detection which made you fall back right into the pit after you crawled out of it. That made the game unplayable. This got fixed in 2013 for emulator versions.

For anyone who is interested in this part of video gaming history, I recommend the following documentations:

*Atari: Game Over (docu about the urban legend that there is a landfill with thousands, if not millions of Atari cartridges, mainly ET, buried there)

*Easy to Learn, Hard to Master: The Fate of Atari

*Once Upon Atari

As for the topic: hmmmm... :confused:

wow smh. I am not sure what happened there.:o I had not slept when I posted this. but yeah ramble is not the word for it. I do like this game. I just get frustrated with all the broken stuff. I was aggravated at the PVP match up system. Your either dominating to the point you can win with one finger key presses, or you die instantly when you hit the ground. every once in a blue moon, you get a battle that is some what even.

I was also aggravated at the pop up screen, that came up on their site when trying to purchase CC. The ad was advertising BF5 I have absolutely no interest in buying BF5 after the failed battlefront madden and BF1. There was no button to go back and finish order, so i hit the back button tried again. Then it went back to pop up advertisement, so I didn't order any CC at the time. wow this could have been so much shorter. My apologies to you all.

wow smh. I am not sure what happened there.:o I had not slept when I posted this. but yeah ramble is not the word for it. I do like this game. I just get frustrated with all the broken stuff. I was aggravated at the PVP match up system. Your either dominating to the point you can win with one finger key presses, or you die instantly when you hit the ground. every once in a blue moon, you get a battle that is some what even.

I was also aggravated at the pop up screen, that came up on their site when trying to purchase CC. The ad was advertising BF5 I have absolutely no interest in buying BF5 after the failed battlefront madden and BF1. There was no button to go back and finish order, so i hit the back button tried again. Then it went back to pop up advertisement, so I didn't order any CC at the time. wow this could have been so much shorter. My apologies to you all.

No worries, for me at least. So you went to the Origin site to order CCs? Or was it the SWTOR website? Btw, I have never gotten an ad when ordering through the in game Cartel Market.

Side note: my fingers keep wanting to type add not ad.

No worries, for me at least. So you went to the Origin site to order CCs? Or was it the SWTOR website? Btw, I have never gotten an ad when ordering through the in game Cartel Market.

Side note: my fingers keep wanting to type add not ad.

I got the add through the swtor web page. I just didnt want to use the card, I had on account is why I didnt do it through game.

I got the add through the swtor web page. I just didnt want to use the card, I had on account is why I didnt do it through game.

^^ this is most likely what triggered the site to offer you an ad.

The coding of the web site probably triggered thinking of you as an interested party rather then an actual subscriber with an existing credit card on account. Should it do that? Probably not.. but you what... having been the business owner for bit web sites over the years that interact with customers.... I can confirm that there is almost always a layer of marketing code underneath that pops on certain triggers to particular customers behaviors on the web site. businesses will almost always offer something that could result in additional revenue under the right circumstances. The consumer is however not forced to accept anything that pops up.

You triggered something.. and in turn... it clearly triggered you. :p

Edited by Andryah

Whoa, memory lane ... Heck, some of my favorites were made/released during the crash: Load Runner, Impossible Mission, Ultima III and Bard's Tale off the top of my head.

I loved Impossible Mission and Joust even. Joust saved me a pocket full of quarters at the arcade.

Megafortress was another I played on the C-64. 39,K bytes once the operating system loaded. Notching floppies to save $. Ah yes, those were the days.

OK,

I have to admit a lot of cartel stuff is by no means value. Buy or don't buy, not like you have to.

As for almost done with the game? Well that to me is an overreaction but can understand why you feel this way. Take a brake for a while, then see how you feel later. Your account will still be here. If CM is the issue then just be strong and resist buying.

Best wishes if you do decide to move on, Hope you return some day.

OK,

I have to admit a lot of cartel stuff is by no means value. Buy or don't buy, not like you have to.

As for almost done with the game? Well that to me is an overreaction but can understand why you feel this way. Take a brake for a while, then see how you feel later. Your account will still be here. If CM is the issue then just be strong and resist buying.

Best wishes if you do decide to move on, Hope you return some day.

Im going to stay a little longer, at least ill probably leave little later, go to the next greedy bastard ran game then back to here lol

Edited by Bradyw

• 4 weeks later...
good advice. im still here playing the game. i just want to play star wars the game is fun but it really could be so much better. I think now that i have moved on from the cartel stuff its better. the only things that really annoy me now is the match up system in PVP and the constant stun fest its like some one said more cow bell and EA thought they said more stuns. I also wish there where more unranked pvp missions. so PVE is good PVP needs a lot of work. I think it would better with less stuns and more action. warzones are not very star warzy the stuns are more star trek than star wars anyway. i think it would be better to feel like we are fighting over something important in game instead of this gladiator style garbage if they did that this game would get so many more people. Edited by Bradyw