[Event Invitation] Join The Iokath Conquest Alliance

UlaVii

The first time Iokath arrived was a big surprise which resulted in all our guilds going head to head as we had no time to prepare anything more appropriate. Plunder of Iokath is a unique conquest week as there is only a single planet to conquer and whilst my guild Stroke my Wookie won it with relative ease last time we have chosen to make this event more accessible to everyone by creating two new guilds specifically for the Iokath conquest:

Imperial Iokath Conquest ~ Republic Iokath Conquest

We know there are plenty of people that prefer to fight for their faction so we have created a guild on each side to battle it out in true Imp vs Rep fashion. The fate of either guild depends entirely on you!

Important Edit: Based on first day & night scores the alliance guilds have decided to move all our focus to the Imperial Iokath Alliance. We ask that each of you also moves your focus there so our points are all pooled in one guild. You can read more about this here.

Schedule

• Tuesday 5th September - Guild invites begin
  • Tuesday 12th September - Plunder of Iokath begins
  • Monday 18th September - Plunder of Iokath ends

Rules of the game

• Each character must earn at least 50,000 points
  • No guild recruitment or other forms of spam in guild chat
  • People that troll or spoil the game for other players will be kicked

Alliance Guilds

There is one Iokath alliance guild on each faction: Imperial Iokath Conquest & Republic Iokath Conquest. Players from across the server are moving characters into one or both of these two guilds so everybody can work together towards victory.

These are the guilds that are helping run the two alliance guilds:

• Imp: Stroke my Wookie
  • Rep: The Angels
  • Imp: Pensaquito
  • Rep: The Jedi Order
  • Imp: Backped Theory
  • Rep: Feccia Ribelle
  • Rep: Royal Panda Society
  • Rep: Dauntless
  • Imp: Reincarnated
  • Rep: The Wookiees
  • Rep: La Croisée
  • Imp: Laugh It Up Fuzzball
  • Rep: Red Hoth Chilly Peppers
  • Imp: Myst
  • Your guild?

How to join in

I will be contacting several guild leaders to offer them and their guild members the opportunity to temporarily join the alliance guilds with alts for the Iokath week and I will be advertising the event in both fleet's chat channels to give everyone else the chance to get invited. Alternatively you can search the Who panel for "Conquest" and ask one of the following characters to invite you:

Imperial

• Argandan
  • Atri'ss
  • Blueberry Chisscake
  • Celaenâ
  • Creme Brule
  • Dharvis
  • Françoise Arnoul
  • Go'ryl
  • Jenna-zan
  • Korinar
  • Ladywise
  • Mazíkeen
  • Moilra
  • Nortic
  • Ra'maya
  • Spyweb
  • Theo'sjugs
  • Touchmypvpness
  • Wade Wilson
  • Yajur
  • Yaël

Republic

• Accipiter Brevipes
  • Alliase
  • Argaël
  • Æon flux
  • Briego
  • Cur'ie
  • Eadini
  • Flash'back
  • High Lander
  • Ladywisdom
  • Lemon Meringue
  • Meilán
  • Mia's-ham'ham
  • Miissbrix
  • Ragiista
  • Sabass
  • Sandman Dreams
  • Shakrj
  • Syvo

What can your guild do to help?

Guild leaders and officers can join the Iokath Alliance by moving a character into either or both guilds which they can use to invite their guild members, organise group activities and handle player moderation.

Contact me in-game on Ula Vii (Imp), Nortic (Imp) or High Lander (Rep) if your guild wants to join the alliance.

350 Million Credits In Prizes!

Everyone loves prizes so we'll be giving away 200 million credits to the top 30 conquest point scorers in the highest scoring guild as detailed below and a further 150 million to the top 30 in the other guild:

First Guild - 200 Million Credits

• 1st: 30 Million Credits
  • 2nd: 20 Million Credits
  • 3rd: 20 Million Credits
  • 4th: 15 Million Credits
  • 5th: 10 Million Credits
  • 6th: 8 Million Credits
  • 7th: 7 Million Credits
  • 8th: 7 Million Credits
  • 9th: 7 Million Credits
  • 10th: 6 Million Credits
  • 11th-20th: 5 Million Credits Each
  • 21st-30th: 2 Million Credits Each

Second Guild - 150 Million Credits

• 1st: 20 Million Credits
  • 2nd: 15 Million Credits
  • 3rd: 15 Million Credits
  • 4th: 10 Million Credits
  • 5th: 7 Million Credits
  • 6th: 6 Million Credits
  • 7th: 6 Million Credits
  • 8th: 6 Million Credits
  • 9th: 5 Million Credits
  • 10th: 5 Million Credits
  • 11th-20th: 4 Million Credits Each
  • 21st-30th: 1.5 Million Credits Each

Frequently Asked Questions

Are there any voice comms we can use to coordinate groups?

There sure is! We've created a Discord server just for this purpose: https://discord.gg/2NEaP7g

Can I have a character in both the Imperial & Republic guilds?

Yes.

Is it all crafting?

Crafting War Supplies is definitely the big point earner but there are plenty of other bonuses you can group up for. It is up to each of you to decide the best way to earn your points. Myself and several of my officers will be crafting over a million points each on the characters we bring in and we are sticking to the one character rule.

The weekly is 20k so why do you say 50k?

This ensures each guild generates at least 50 million points which is a good head start.

Do we have access to group summons?

Yes, it is set to 3 summons per character.

As a guild leader/officer; what does player moderation entail?

Invite any of your guild members or people that /w to join. Once they are in-guild all you have to do is right click them and choose Guild->Set As Primary. Try to settle any disputes and if you see anybody trolling then do your best to get them to stop. If they refuse then contact me in-game via /w or mail and I will kick them.

Edited by UlaVii

Not that I am aware of. I always fly solo. The ace pilots that group up are from several guilds and use the GSF chat channel to find teams. I know there was a certain troll that enjoys mouthing off about my guild spoiling GSF with premades but his claims were baseless as anyone that could use the Who panel saw for themselves. He's just sour because we keep kicking him out when he tries to sneak back into our guild.

Thank you for your wonderful answer.

and btw: It's totally ok to fly with a Premade if you act fair and like a gentleman. It's not okay to take the fun out of playing. We are very few GSF pilots and we have to do everything we can to make sure that more people enjoy it.

And now I'll talk to my guild members and try to convince them to join the alliance.

Edited by Magira

Each guild can hold 1000 characters and each character is expected to earn at least 50k conquest points.

1000 x 50 = 50 million

That really depends on how full the guilds get. Ideally I want to see 1000 unique accounts but the reality is that we'll probably have some room to allow people to have more than one character but we will wait a few days to see about that.

I have updated the main post Alliance Guilds section as it was causing a bit of confusion for some people who thought they had to join 5+ guilds :)

Alliance Guilds

There is one Iokath alliance guild on each faction: Imperial Iokath Conquest & Republic Iokath Conquest. Players from across the server are moving characters into one or both of these two guilds so everybody can work together towards victory.

These are the guilds that are helping run the two alliance guilds:

• Imp: Stroke my Wookie
  • Rep: The Angels
  • Imp: Pensaquito
  • Rep: The Jedi Order
  • Imp: Backped Theory
  • Your guild?

First things first.

We are a democratic guild. Our guild Duchess is chosen by the people themselves. In this respect, we have no top-down command structure. (and we are very proud of it!). We need to discuss this with everyone, and it takes some time.

We're about to summarize a few questions about the alliance.

So now,

our members have trouble leaving our guild. If it is only for the event itself it would be ok, but afterwards they want to go back to us wookies.

So it would be important for us to highlight that it is only temporary for the event itself.

It's not like in Guild Wars 2, where you can be in 5 guilds at the same time.

That is fine, this is only a short time event for the Iokath conquest week. We will be doing a full guild purge 1 week after Iokath ends anyhow. That gives people enough time to login and claim their achievement+title (if the alliance wins) and means we don't have to keep an eye on people for weeks and weeks afterwards. We just opened invites 1 week early so people could have their character in guild and ready to go from day 1 of the Iokath week.

(if the alliance wins)

You guys always win, even without us. I think it's good that you share this with other guilds. Thanks for that. And I'm almost 100% sure that we're going to join in, as we just talked about it again in the chat and all of us want to do this.

And btw: sorry for my bad english, I use the https://www.deepl.com/translator. We have enough people who speak English better, but they are not here in the forum.:D

Hm, I've been trying to reach one of you since yesterday. No one from the specified people is ever on.

Can you invite me? Shakrj would be the Toon with which I participate and with her I also manage the event.

and by the way, who deletes posts here? :mad:

Edited by Magira

Hi sorry about you that, I'll add you to /f list and send the invite as soon as I see you on. I've been logged in for several hours today alternating between both characters but I'm away now. I asked Yoyo to get in touch with you yesterday but he might of missed my message. If you join the alliance Discord server you can find more people who can invite you:

https://discord.gg/2NEaP7g

The moderators deleted the posts by that troll I mentioned in an earlier reply so they might of took some of yours that referenced what he said. He has a habit of posting in a lot of my threads and writing his own rant threads about my guild.

The moderators deleted the posts by that troll I mentioned in an earlier reply so they might of took some of yours that referenced what he said. He has a habit of posting in a lot of my threads and writing his own rant threads about my guild.

That was not exactly the kind of troll that he had written. It was all about GSF.

Anyway, I was just a little confused.

I joined the Discord group and I hope we can do it today with the invitation, I have to invite the others from my guild and slowly we're running a bit out of time.:D

Alliance Update

The alliance has been growing in strength on a daily basis and we now have 14 guilds involved with more poised to join over the next few days. The alliance offer is open to guilds and individuals so if any of your friends want to join in then direct them to this Reddit thread (https://redd.it/6xwlqs) where they can see the list of people who can invite them.

Prize Update

We originally listed the prize as 100m credits for the top 30 in the alliance guild with the highest score but now thanks to a donation from Ragiista on behalf of the Royal Panda Society we will also be awarding 50m in prizes to the other alliance guild so you can win big on both factions.

Stroke my Wookie's Commitment

To show our commitment to the alliance we have decided SMW will not invade Iokath :w_eek:

We hope this will alleviate peoples reservations about getting involved in the alliance due to them thinking SMW will beat the alliance's score. We want to help as many people as possible win this otherwise we would not of created the alliance. Our guild is full of people that love helping others which is why we run so many server events covering both PvE and PvP. Iokath gives us a special opportunity to do something for the servers conquerors and the alliance is a great way to bring everyone together to forge new friendships.

To be clear, we are still actively taking part in the alliance and scoring as many points as we can however our own guild Stroke my Wookie will not be launching an invasion of its own.

Please Join In!

The main Reddit post here has an up-to-date list of the character names that can invite you to both guilds. Search the /who panel for "Conquest" and see if any of them are online. Alternatively you can join the Iokath Alliance Discord server and ask if one of the coordinators is available to relog and invite you.

Keep in mind that if you want the Conqueror of Corellia title from this weeks conquest then you should not move the character that reached the weekly goal until after the Tuesday reset or you will not get your title/achievement.

The Week After

Don't worry about taking your crafting characters out of your main guilds to join the alliance guild, you can move them back the week after when things return to business as usual. We will give people 1 week after Iokath to login to get their achievements/titles and then the two alliance guilds will be purged. Most people will be crafting in the alliance but then doing all our normal stuff in our main guilds.

P.S. You might want to check with your guild leaders before moving your characters as two guild leaders sent me angry mails clearly stating they do not want their members getting involved!

Edited by UlaVii

Can't we just say that the first ones in both guilds get the same.

Plus an extra price for the best one over both guilds.

Crafting is something individual, if a pubs is better than the first imp, then he/she should get more.

And leave toons that are on the other side because of the title at the 20k. That's hard enough if you haven't played them for years and the crafting is still at level 400.

Edited by Magira

Great news, Lady'runner from Feccia Ribelle and Briareuss from Stroke my Wookie each donated an extra 100 million credits to the prize pot so we have a whopping 350 million credits in prizes! Thank you both very much :)

The split is 200m for the highest scoring guild and 150m for the other. I have updated the main post to show how the prizes will be distributed.

We've also increased the character limit so players can have 3 characters in each guild. We may increase this later in the week but for now we want to see how busy it gets after the Tuesday reset when the rest join us.

Can't we just say that the first ones in both guilds get the same.

I am a firm believer in rewarding people for their effort so the guild that scores more should win more. It's not like the prizes for the other guild are insignificant, lots of people will get a nice reward.

Plus an extra price for the best one over both guilds.

This is a nice idea but it will be hard to work out with all the duplicate legacy names across both guilds. There is a plan to handle duplicate legacy names in each guild individually but the same thing can't be applied across both. Besides, the top scorer in each guild is already getting a big prize.

20k. That's hard enough if you haven't played them for years and the crafting is still at level 400.

50k is the minimum we want to see from every character in both guilds. There are a lot of people from a lot of guilds banding together to make this happen. None of us are there to carry people and space is limited. We advertised this a week before Iokath so people would have time to prepare. There are a wide range of bonuses for the Iokath week so crafting is not essential, it's just the easiest & fastest method.

50k is the minimum we want to see from every character in both guilds. There are a lot of people from a lot of guilds banding together to make this happen. None of us are there to carry people and space is limited. We advertised this a week before Iokath so people would have time to prepare. There are a wide range of bonuses for the Iokath week so crafting is not essential, it's just the easiest & fastest method.

That's a little weird. I'd bet a lot of money that the Imp guild would win. And I'm not alone. That's why we get the imp Toon to win the title, even if we lose. I don't think there are too many imps out there that are also with a toon on the rep side. They believe strongly in their victory.

And now we have to give the imp guild 50k points? As an already inferior site. That doesn't sound well thought out.

Edited by Magira

You don't have to put characters in both guilds, some people are in the Imperial guild, some are in the Republic guild and some are in both. I was just saying that every character in either guild has to earn 50k points. Sorry about the misunderstanding :)

We have removed the 3 character limit so you can invite as many characters as you want now. The 50k per character minimum is still in effect. The character cap was a precaution to ensure we had room for all that wanted to join in but several of the people that wanted to bring more than 3 characters in offered to remove some characters if needed to free up room.

First day battle report:

• Wardens: 80,752,728
  • Imperial Iokath Alliance: 39,082,606
  • Republic Iokath Alliance: 13,095,561

Seeing how the two alliance guilds have fared against each other we have decided to shift all our focus to the Imperial Iokath Alliance guild. The numbers speak for themselves and judging from the eb and flow of guild chat on each side it is clear that Imp side is far more active.

We will still be awarding the designated prizes to the Republic alliance guild and we understand if people want to keep pushing there for the prizes and to get their weekly guild rewards however we ask that those who can to please shift your resources and focus to the Imperial Iokath Alliance guild.

Have no fear, the fight is far from over. Do not let the naysayers convince you that we have lost already. These are early days and we have barely gotten started. We have vast resources at our disposal and several guilds united in the fight.

Edited by UlaVii

Seeing how the two alliance guilds have fared against each other we have decided to shift all our focus to the Imperial Iokath Alliance guild. The numbers speak for themselves and judging from the eb and flow of guild chat on each side it is clear that Imp side is far more active.

It doesn't matter much if we win. More important is the cooperation of different guilds. I didn't craft anything on the Imp side before the Conquest and my companions there has a bad love level. So I have to stay on the pub side.

Edited by Magira