Choose which warzone you play!

TrumpetNut

Plenty of people like huttball. Plenty don't. It polarises opinion (if I wanted to stir, I'd add that people who like PvP like huttball, but...).

I can see why people want to choose their warzone map, but I think the current system is probably for the best.

a) personal reason: I like the randomness, you get a range of maps, it keeps it a bit fresher and don't have to think about it. Not your favourite map? Get on with it. Lots of people start by hating huttball (so confusing!) but come to love it after playing a bit and working out what it's about. They'd never learn the wonder of huttball without being thrown in a few times.

b) more class balance. Allow WZ choice and people would be driven to pick specitfc team combos for maps. Now they have to pick teams with a chance at any map.

c) shorter queues. Subdividing the playerbase by which map they're queued for will lengthen queue times for everyone (including those who don't pick specific wzs) as it will take longer to fill each queue.

d) If you object so srongly to the map you find yourself in, then you can always leave. Though please do this as soon as possible, to allow backfill before the match starts so your teammates who want to play aren't disadvantaged

Huttball is my favourite Warzone map, then Voidstar, then Alderaan Civil War, then last and certainly least Novare Coast.

On my Sniper & Sin alt, Huttball Is just so awesome to play. I was in a Huttball match today with my Sin and managed to score twice by simply Force Pulling the enemy Ballcarrier into the fire pit, getting the ball when they died and simply running over to their goal line. Fairdue I was attacked during those times, but I managed to score regardless.

Edited by Chlomamf

If they don't allow us to choose our WZs a WZ preference system would be nice. Here's how I would set mine:

I prefer to play Huttball and don't prefer to play Voidstar.

The system would take into account the que'd players' preferences in deciding which map to pop, skewing the randomness in favor of the collective preferences.

But if given a chance to choose, I would play Huttball exclusively.

• 2 weeks later...
If they don't allow us to choose our WZs a WZ preference system would be nice. Here's how I would set mine:

I prefer to play Huttball and don't prefer to play Voidstar.

The system would take into account the que'd players' preferences in deciding which map to pop, skewing the randomness in favor of the collective preferences.

But if given a chance to choose, I would play Huttball exclusively.

This, also I love huttball most and voidstar is the worst cuz I can't clone myself to be on both sides, atleast in civil war and novare coast I can keep track of where enemies are and have time to react

Edited by iDraxter

I wouldn't mind having a separate queue for this. It could even allow for scrimmages.

But only if it doesn't give comms, credits, etc. Otherwise Huttball would be nothing but Shadow/Guardian/Sage/Sentinel Pre-mades farming comms.

• 4 months later...

I wish we could choose - why not? If everyone wants to play a certain wz then that is obviously more popular, don't force people to play wzs they don't like. I like em all (hey Huttball is actually really good apart from the grating commentator voice over) except for the hypergate wz which is just badly designed and not fun to play. I don't want to play it and I don't think I should be forced to play content I don't want to play.

Give us the freakin choice BW!

Edited by BewBo

Im fine with the current randomized map system, as long as we have the option to freely leave the warzone.

That said, i'd argue that an option to exclude warzones in a scaling system, for example exclude 1 wz per 3/5/7/9/etc WZ's implemented to the game, would be a nice addition.

If one or more warzones gets excluded by an overwhelming majority, there's a reason for that. And the more warzones we get, the less we will get to play the maps we like the most.

So I like all of the warzones but voidstar is the best. I feel like when you queue for PvP you should be able to choose voidstar, Novare coast, Civil war, or Huttball.

Anyone else agree?

Sounds ideal but for a few reasons I don't think it should be implemented as things are now. Wait times, class stacking, maps dying off or getting loaded up due to trends, I think would be prohibitive issues.

• 1 month later...
I freaking hate Voidstar and actually prefer Huttball or the Novare Coast. To be able to at least check all of them but Voidstar would make me very happy. But for those who like the random function, there should still be that option as well. I just don't like going into a game that I am going to immediately hate and I'm sure my teammates would appreciate having people that are 100% into the game mode they are playing.

anyone know that feel when all they want to do is play one damn huttball game on their jugg, and they log in and cycle through 2 hours of WZs and get no huttball games on their jugg, then switch characters to operative and first pop... huttball.

dem feels.