Choose which warzone you play!

TrumpetNut

• 2 months later...

It makes little sense to me, not allowing people to choose what warzone to play. I understand people don't want longer queues. I don't either. BUT, thats the downside to what I consider the greater upside: choosing what you play.

Being forced to play whatever warzone is ready and not even being told what it is before we drop what we are doing and join is unfair.

I have seen the argument that if we got to choose then no one would play X warzone and everyone would just play Y warzone. I say ok then. Fine. If the vast majority of people do not want to play X warzone, don't *********** force them to. That makes no sense. Instead, investigate the reasons behind peoples dislike of said warzone, and work on improving it so that people find it more enjoyable.

I have seen the argument that if we got to choose then certain warzones would be stacked with certain classes built a certain way running in premades. To that I say fine, let it be so. Whats wrong with people gearing themselves up and building themselves in such a way that they are well prepared to fit a certain role in a certain situation (like tanking in Huttball) the same way they do in ops? If someone only wants to play a certain warzone, thats up to them, they pay to do so, let them pick whatever class and play it anyway they want.

Whats wrong with premades even? Sure it sucks to get steamrolled by one but theres nothing wrong with people wanting to group up with others and communicate and execute some effective strategy and coordination to win the game. People deserve to experience the same depth of play in pvp that others do in pve ops. Theres nothing wrong with it.

To combat the inevitable frustration solo players have when put against a premade its simple enough to have solo ques and group queues. Its not flawless but it goes a long way to help pit solo teams against solo teams, and groups against groups.

Of course the big thing is queue time and I see people complain about that over and over when this topic comes up somewhere and the solution to that has been done already in other games. Cross servers brings a much larger group of people together in the queue making games ready faster. Having a game list for the specific warzones showing the games starting/in progress helps a lot of people avoid a queue altogether sometimes as well, and though it does also help premades avoid group queues so they can farm solo players, the benefits do outway the drawbacks. If need be that one feature could be left out but its an idea if queue lengths were not improved.

I'll reiterate one point here as I feel its a big deal. So many people have said no to choosing warzones because they feel certain warzones will never pop for them because most people don't like them. That is quite clearly a problem with the design of the warzone itself and players who do not enjoy said warzone should not be forced to play it if they do not want to. Fix the problem by changing something about the warzone and increase player satisfaction.

YES to choosing what warzone you play.