Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game virtually unplayable now, can't even tell when my cooldowns are on properly.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eltohan
01.20.2012 , 12:20 PM | #711
Quote: Originally Posted by gorca View Post
signed.

I thought that this was a bug. That this was intended to be an improvement is just baffling. I'm really starting to worry about this game.
qft..

Eltohan
01.20.2012 , 12:21 PM | #712
Quote: Originally Posted by oflow View Post
No this was their 'fix' for ability delay. The problem was obviously that you were just mashing abilities before the gcd was done so they changed the graphics on the GCD.

So, no more ability delay bugs...what do we fix next guys?
You made my day

Raora
01.20.2012 , 12:21 PM | #713
Quote: Originally Posted by djsmileey View Post
I am stickin' with my guns on this one and claiming that while it is annoying, I have BARELY noticed a difference after I got used to it.

Claiming it's unplayable is WAYYY over reacting.
/agree took some getting used too

Pagezeppelin
01.20.2012 , 12:24 PM | #714
I am stickin' with my guns on this one and claiming that while it is annoying, I have BARELY noticed a difference after I got used to it.

Thanks for telling me this and making it ok. Next time I click on my ability and it says not ready when it looks ready I will think of your post and know everything is ok.

gurugeorge
01.20.2012 , 12:26 PM | #715
Quote: Originally Posted by RollingDeep View Post
Wait.....what?

On a side note, why do people make their problems sound like everyone is having the same problem? Has it occurred to the OP that the way it is now helps more people that it's hurt?
Some problems are like that, and a lot of posts on these forums have just be been whines.

But problems like ability delay, low fps problems on high end systems, and now this CD icon change, are problems that do affect a lot of players, therefore you see more than just the "usual suspects" posting about them. That's how you can tell - the size of a thread is an important indicator, but that could just be the "usual suspects" repeating themselves. But if you have a big thread AND a variety of people posting (like with this thread, the ability delay threads, and the fps threads) you know there's a legitimate problem here.

Dekadez
01.20.2012 , 12:26 PM | #716

Class?

MilkPudding
01.20.2012 , 12:28 PM | #717
Quote: Originally Posted by sskinzz View Post
after playing for a few hours last night, i also can confirm and agree that this is completely a fubar'ed change to the games combat mechanics. i wouldnt go to far as to say that its completely "game-breaking"... but it is definately a change for the worse and NEEDS to be fixed, and soon.
It is pretty much game-breaking, IMO, when combat now basically involves... staring at the quickbar and quickbar ONLY, thinking 'was the skill i just pressed still on CD and didn't register or, was it the ability delay??' all the time. And things IS a whole lot worse with the ability delay issue.

I only do PvE, so imagine the agony of the PvP gamers.

It needs to get fixed ASAP.

RaulTheConquerer
01.20.2012 , 12:34 PM | #718
Agree with OP. FIX this now. Too difficult to tell if ability is off cooldown. Very short-sighted idea, from whoever decided to implement this.

Sodine
01.20.2012 , 12:34 PM | #719
If in fact you are listening to these posts. We all know you see the problems in game. Be it game mechanics, or under the hood type stuff; we all know you know this game in and out. That is why we are so upset as a community. This game has been in development for what 5 or 6 years? If its so hard, please talk to other game designers. Talk to the developers from the original SWG; even the post SOE team! Talk to people from other continents. Talk the people at Oracle. Talk to professors at colleges who do also do this stuff for a living also. But TALK to someone!!! This is 2012, as a people we have the internet, we have endless forms of communication. Don't let Star Wars down like this. Its ok, we know you are working hard on the matter. Heck I will even pay a dollar in my subscription just to pay for there expertise in the matter. I support the developers, and know you are having a heck of a time, but please please please, don't make this game into another; woulda, shoulda, coulda; type of big picture.
Now is time, tomorrow is the fruit of your labor!

Bullitthead
01.20.2012 , 12:37 PM | #720
I was wondering what the deal was with my deflection ability last night. It looked like it was off of cooldown, but wasn't working. I'm sure this ui change is what the issue was. Thanks for pointing it out! Please revert this change bioware