Crafting Assistant Droid

Wintermist

I have always felt it a bit odd that even though you can craft items for low levels, you tend to never want to send your one companion out to craft or gather materials since you need/want them for questing/playing. So, you can end up standing still somewhere, waiting for your companion to come back so you can continue doing what you was doing which really don't feel like a great system for crafting.

How about adding a Crafting Assistant Droid (CAD from now on) that you can only send out on crafting/gathering missions and nothing else. No dialogues. No interaction. You could unlock it more cheaply than the normal extra companions you can get. All to promote crafting at lower levels and at the same time let most players just enjoy playing the game and not feel like they have to sacrifice anything while doing so.

It's not great fun to stand still and skill up a crafting skill after you finished a planet just to make it come up to the same skill-level you need to craft yourself something useful. It's not so much fun to have to stop every now and then, while you send out your companion to craft and then just wait for it to return.

The whole balance just feels off somehow.

Um, you get your second companion reasonably quickly, at the end of the capital planet when you get your ship, I know it's a pain waiting, but overall it isn't that long really.

Yeah that's the thing, it's a pain waiting when that pain can just be taken away :D

The problem is really that they integrated the companions so much in dialogues and all that you really don't want to miss anything by doing it without them. You'd miss out on dialogue, and affection too. Granted you can buy gifts but that's a poor way to work around it, and you'd still miss out on them being involved in the dialogue.

It's not until you have your ship you can always have someone away crafting, but the problem is that is about level 20 and are you really supposed to go 20 levels like this?

I really feel if there is always some sort of crafting assistant you wouldn't have to worry about that.