Guild Log Sort Order - Where are we at with it?

michaelcshow

I understand this sort issue with the new guild log interface has been brought up multiple times, but it has not yet been confirmed/addressed however.

The order isn't chronologically, it's as if date was formatted as text and sorted that way instead.

The end result is that the most recent activities are sorted somewhere in the middle of the list.

That is not ideal for, well, anyone. It's been reported, it's been communicated. The bigger question that it presents is - are QoL improvements, especially one like this on newish interfaces, are they at the bottom of the list?

Why not fix this seemingly easily correctable thing (as compared to some others)?

Why not?

Edited by michaelcshow

After first replaying in the wrong thread (didn't see this one, sry) here a more detailed repord of this bug:

US Date-System is MONTH-DAY-YEAR

But European Date-System is DAY-MONTH-YEAR

So with playing on the German/French client, the guild log looks like:

January-01-2019

February-01-2019

March-01-2019

April-01-2019

January-02-2019

February-02-2019

March-02-2019

April-02-2019

January-03-2019

February-03-2019

January-17-2019

February-17-2019

March-17-2019

April-17-2019

January-18-2019

February-18-2019

And so on.

It makes the guild log effectively useless, as everything is still sorted first by month then by day, but with the European date-format where day comes first and then the month.

This bug too exists since the guild log was implemented

(I know, we don't have april (yet) but I used the next month too, to show which way the proplem goes)

EDIT: I don't know if this is a problem of the non-english (US) client only or if it has more to do with the date-form of the computer you are playing at, so I don't know how the guild log looks on pc that use YEAR-MONTH-DAY format