Extremely disappointed with the Dantooine Homesteader and Novablade Gunner.

IIHawkerII

I can't begin to get across how disappointed I am with you guys at Bioware. The Dantooine Homesteader and Novablade Gunner 'reward' sets from the upcoming Incursion event look downright awful and disgustingly lazy. These wouldn't even qualify as bronze sets, let alone rewards for an event - Please consider going back and doing something with them that's worth working toward, until then I don't really have a reason to stay subscribed, new content is so few and far between that I can't really tolerate it when it's so blatantly lazy.

For context -

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/promos/5_14_2019/dantooine_armors.JPG

There are the armors, they're either poor recolors or straight copies of smuggler and or Rishi gear. The most appealing part is the bandana on the Homesteader and that's literally a 1 for 1 copy of the Trimantium headgear. Truly and utterly disappointed.

EDIT: The real issue is that both sets are comprised of entirely reused assets from generic common and rare gear. There is absolutely nothing unique about them, no work went into modelling anything new or even retexturing something -It's all literally made up of stuff you can find and dye in the game right now pre incursion event.

it adds nothing new and is definitely not worth working for when the same pieces pop up on the GTN for likely <5k each.

Edited by IIHawkerII

I can't begin to get across how disappointed I am with you guys at Bioware. The Dantooine Homesteader and Novablade Gunner 'reward' sets from the upcoming Incursion event look downright awful and disgustingly lazy. These wouldn't even qualify as bronze sets, let alone rewards for an event - Please consider going back and doing something with them that's worth working toward, until then I don't really have a reason to stay subscribed, new content is so few and far between that I can't really tolerate it when it's so blatantly lazy.

For context -

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/promos/5_14_2019/dantooine_armors.JPG

There are the armors, they're either poor recolors or straight copies of smuggler and or Rishi gear. The most appealing part is the bandana on the Homesteader and that's literally a 1 for 1 copy of the Trimantium headgear. Truly and utterly disappointed.

Okay, honestly I have to say, the cosmetic gear that you find in daily areas is almost habitually God-awful.

I marvel at the waste of time that went into designing some of the crap you find in those areas.

Now, to be fair, there's no accounting for taste. But, honestly, those ones you showed, there not all that bad actually and I think they are almost always total crap.

Moral of the story - One man's garbage is another man's treasure.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think there are better ways they can waste time than on that.

They can't all be winners pal. :mon_trap:

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Okay, honestly I have to say, the cosmetic gear that you find in daily areas is almost habitually God-awful.

I marvel at the waste of time that went into designing some of the crap you find in those areas.

Now, to be fair, there's no accounting for taste. But, honestly, those ones you showed, there not all that bad actually and I think they are almost always total crap.

Moral of the story - One man's garbage is another man's treasure.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think there are better ways they can waste time than on that.

They can't all be winners pal. :mon_trap:

YUP ! Agreed ! That's why I use the Outfit Designer and the Customized Appearance on ALL my characters.

You're right, personally I don't like either set - But my personal taste is by no means the issue.

The real issue is that both sets are comprised of entirely reused assets from generic common and rare gear. There is absolutely nothing unique about them, no work went into modelling anything new or even retexturing something -It's all literally made up of stuff you can find and dye in the game right now pre incursion event.

it adds nothing new and is definitely not worth working for when the same pieces pop up on the GTN for likely <5k each.

With the Nightlife event, I could excuse a lazy recolor of the star voyager set, mainly because that set was hard as hell to collect and the event also released a big ole' set of lovely new weapons alongside it - But that isn't the case here. Nothing new is made for the rewards vendor other than decorations. Which they had to make anyway to populate the new area.

Edited by IIHawkerII

I don't consider vendor stuff as new content. I consider a new event new content and couldn't care less about a couple armor sets that are obtainable. They might have some added value if they are legacy gear.

For context -

EDIT: The real issue is that both sets are comprised of entirely reused assets from generic common and rare gear. There is absolutely nothing unique about them, no work went into modelling anything new or even retexturing something -It's all literally made up of stuff you can find and dye in the game right now pre incursion event.

yeah tottaly agree, it is not new gear, at least they can make a better gear for new event not the recycle one

Well, to be fair they put all the armor creating devs on Anthem, so be happy you got anything at all. Luckily they seem to know how to recycle old armor pieces and just use them for the new armor sets on SWTOR. Edited by Lhancelot

Whilst I agree they are a bit pants (and I fed back on the PTS forum how less-than-even-mediocre they are), I doubt they are going to alter them and it's not something to rage-quit over.

Well, to be fair they put all the armor creating devs on Anthem, so be happy you got anything at all. Luckily they seem to know how to recycle old armor pieces and just use them for the new armor sets on SWTOR.

Ok and your proof of that is where?? :rolleyes:

Yeah, quit coming & spewing this venomous bashing with no proof. They already stated in the past that no SWTOR employees went to Anthem. :rolleyes:

Also Anthem is over with, it's out, etc...

Yeah, quit coming & spewing this venomous bashing with no proof. They already stated in the past that no SWTOR employees went to Anthem. :rolleyes:

I was being facetious. Calm down, sir. :D

I don't think they are that bad to be honest...

Stop! Such ringing praise is likely to make the devs become drunken with their own arrogant pride! Never before have I heard such a glorious endorsement!!!

"So, what is our goal with this new event?"

"Um, I think we should shoot for 'It's wasn't that bad to be honest.'"

"Sounds good, I'll tell the team!"

Personally, I find 95% of the armor in this game to be god-awful ugly, but that's just me. Apparently from comments made in various places, many players like lots of that ugly crap.

The armor sets shown in that post may not be to my exact liking but:

1. They're not as ugly as some others - particularly some of the Imperial junk.

2. I always mix&match pieces in outfit designer, so there's always a chance that I'll like some parts.

Personally, I find 95% of the armor in this game to be god-awful ugly, but that's just me. Apparently from comments made in various places, many players like lots of that ugly crap.

Well, I would not expect a Jedi Quaker to be fashionable anyway... :p

Again, looks aren't the point.

The point is that every single part of both of these sets is already in the game... Neither provide anything new whatsoever. You can already make both of these sets just from shopping around on the GTN...

As I said in this PTS thread, I think the Dantooine Homesteader outfit would be better received if it didn't have those straps on it but instead looked like the plain tunic on this NPC. It could be such a versatile simple shirt (especially since it would be dyeable, unlock a lot of low-level armor). I think a lot of people would agree - do you? :) Edited by Estelindis

Are you sure? Because after I finished the story content in Anthem there were credits. And whose names did I see in the credits? Eric Musco and Keith Kanneg. I don't think they put those names in the Anthem credits because they were working on SWTOR. :p

Ok, to be fair, they were both listed under ... I believe it was Live Ops? So, not directly with game development. But they're still there. :D

Edited by Elessara

As I said in this PTS thread, I think the Dantooine Homesteader outfit would be better received if it didn't have those straps on it but instead looked like the plain tunic on this NPC. It could be such a versatile simple shirt (especially since it would be dyeable, unlock a lot of low-level armor). I think a lot of people would agree - do you? :)

I find there are quite a number of armor pieces I would like better if they didn't have random straps, spikes, lights, etc. stuck on them.

There are so many simple things they could've done that would've made excellent homesteader / pirate armor sets... Even with assets that are already in the game. But instead there's just... No effort, whatsoever. Take the helmet from the drifter's armor set for example, remove the flight helmet / goggles from the top and you have a perfect bandanna for pirate use. Hell, take any old bounty hunter helmet and slap the shrewd rascal's hat on it... Hell you could even bring back armor pieces that've been phased out and people would be happy, like that one trooper chest piece with it's leather chest harness - These would be the bare minimum. Just... Some simple mesh edit or retexture...

Isn't the reason to regrind events so that you can get rare items like mounts, legacy offhands, legacy weapons? I can't imagine spending a second extra on this event for these rewards after doing it once or twice.

This is a head scratcher for me (in what otherwise seemed like a turn of the page for BW, after Anthem, toward trying to understand and entice the SWTOR playerbase)...

Not to give them a pass, but sometimes some of the uglier set outfits I find useful either dying different colors, or pulling pieces out of them to use with other mixed outfit pieces.

This is very subjective, because everyone potentially can have a different opinion on whether the sets are "ugly" or "ok." Who cares.

I mean, the number of sets of armor out already is astounding. I rather BW make their devs work on gameplay and less bugs before worrying on making improvements to the new sets of armor with gears in them.

This was almost always the case with nearly every other armor sets in the past, too. Most sets with mods that we grind for have been less attractive outfits imo over the last 3+ years. Others may say the gear sets always were "ugly."

You're right, personally I don't like either set - But my personal taste is by no means the issue.

The real issue is that both sets are comprised of entirely reused assets from generic common and rare gear. There is absolutely nothing unique about them, no work went into modelling anything new or even retexturing something -It's all literally made up of stuff you can find and dye in the game right now pre incursion event.

With the Nightlife event, I could excuse a lazy recolor of the star voyager set, mainly because that set was hard as hell to collect and the event also released a big ole' set of lovely new weapons alongside it - But that isn't the case here. Nothing new is made for the rewards vendor other than decorations. Which they had to make anyway to populate the new area.

Actually, I consider your personal taste entirely the issue. I don't like either set either, but I am not going to go on a forum and have a tantrum over it.

Get off your high horse, mate.

We wait months for new content, doing a retexture or mesh edit takes little to no effort - It's something I could do myself in twenty minutes with Blender. The fact that the rewards for a new event like this are by no means worth working for is an issue.

I have never been a fan of most of the armor so this armor doesn't surprise me that much but I have always been picky in my armor. I prefer armor like the Sensous outfit, Xoxxaan, etc. but that is my taste. As far as grinding for it, since it will be an event and it will be rotating with the rest I am not going to worry about it as I probably work for some of the decorations and maybe the companion. The rest nope.

You should have learned by now that only the cash shop items will be cool from now on....

And honestly not even a cool saber or weapon set ? Why would I even bother with Dantooine then... ?

The only reason I even bothered with the other events is because I wanted to get some weapons like the Illum sabers, but in this case only nostalgia could make me play Dantooine, but that is not enough...