Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Missing Hutta NPCs | Explain Yourself Developers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Missing Hutta NPCs | Explain Yourself Developers

Monumenta
06.07.2020 , 01:23 PM | #21
OK, ok ok ok, despite the completely ridiculous back and fourth here over misconceived forum etiquette, guesses into how former clumsy devs reworked content through the super clumsy engine, and who remembers tiny details of patch notes better years later, content should not be removed but made optional.

Phazonfreak
06.07.2020 , 02:12 PM | #22
And what exactly is ridiculous about guesses into why they were partly removed when we don't get an answer by the devs? Especially since this is the entire point of the thread if you look at the title and the original post.

Monumenta
06.07.2020 , 02:28 PM | #23
You obviously just want to argue with anyone for any reason.

Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
And what exactly is ridiculous about guesses into why they were partly removed when we don't get an answer by the devs? Especially since this is the entire point of the thread if you look at the title and the original post.
Everything, my opinion stands.

Please return removed content.

elimatorxv
06.07.2020 , 03:03 PM | #24
the one regarding the droid on ord mantell with gizmell he is still there but travi the female soldier is gone kinda sucks alot that they remove content to ''streamline''
the ones for bonus series yeah they should have never done that period.
but i got my own problems with the game atm with regards to the gearing system but thats another story lol

so yeah in short : return the NPC's that give story related quest or heriocs.

Phazonfreak
06.07.2020 , 04:04 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
You obviously just want to argue with anyone for any reason.
Well, I personally find that much more productive than giving out blanket statements.

Quote:
Everything, my opinion stands.

Please return removed content.
Btw, I read your post before you conveniently edited it after you realized that you missed the entire discussion about the supposed reasons as to why the devs removed them.

DarkTergon
06.07.2020 , 05:27 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by elimatorxv View Post
so yeah in short : return the NPC's that give story related quest or heriocs.

Unless they removed it because of a bug, or potential bug, as steve pointed out
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Monumenta
06.07.2020 , 11:05 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tofu_Shark View Post
By the way, the advanced class NPCs and their associated mission chain were presumably removed with the launch of 5.0: Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access. Their removal is not documented either.
Ya, lets get some optionals on that stuff too.

Tofu_Shark
06.08.2020 , 12:24 AM | #28
The funny thing is, it was originally optional starting with 4.0. Once you got to Level 10, the Combat Proficiencies window would open up automatically and ask you to choose your advanced class, but you could just close it out without choosing and could choose one at any point right up to when you talked to the NPC at Fleet that told you to choose your advanced class, completing the Advanced Class mission chain that started when you talked to the NPCs when you stepped off the elevator. Then someone at Bioware had the brilliant idea to just get rid of it. You know, because it's not like it wasn't completely optional already. But it was apparently impeding a particular playstyle. /s

Some speculate it was because some players liked to do content without choosing an advanced class for a "challenge," but if true, there was at least one better way to go about this. They could've forced them to choose an advanced class if they wanted to do any group content. Instead, they just decided to chuck it, with no regard for players that enjoyed this little bit of immersion and the last sense of progression left in the game, since most abilities were already changed to either be auto-learned or auto-leveled once learned by the time of this expansion. I doubt the number of players that didn't choose an advanced class warranted such a drastic action.

I know stances were made passives because newer players couldn't seem to understand the functions of them and players were constantly raging at them for this, but that's beyond the scope of this thread.
If I've been helpful or you liked my post, click my referral link
Also if you just want some free stuff.
Of course, I get something out of it too.

SteveTheCynic
06.08.2020 , 12:27 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
Unless they removed it because of a bug, or potential bug, as steve pointed out
I'm not sure where I said anything on this thread about bugs.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language

DarkTergon
06.08.2020 , 04:17 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I'm not sure where I said anything on this thread about bugs.
ooops, so you didn't....must have mixed up two threads...lol.......the old grey matter ain't what it used to be....
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ