Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

AlrikFassbauer
07.02.2018 , 04:25 AM | #9501
I just wondered whether both were played by the same person ?
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Bookworm_Jedi
07.02.2018 , 03:59 PM | #9502
Had a weird one a few days ago.

I'm on my baby smuggler, and of course I roll Manaan for the GF Intro. Rest are high lv, including a mando healer. I had one or two small deaths but we proceeded quickly.

We get to the shield droids, and I get a vote kick. No reason, but it doesn't go through. We down the droids and we get to Ortuno. Somewhere in between I get another vote kick. think I also died during the droids, but a rez and we're off folks.

Ortuno time. We one shot the guy 3 of us got got in the puddle and we wiped, but the mando healer manages to wittle him down and the adds for victory.

This is where it gets weird.

The healer rage quits. Puts in all caps DPS SHOOT S*** I HEAL and he drops group!

Then the other dps quite, then I followed suit shortly afterwards. The lone soundral (if memory recalls) still waiting by the door for the last boss.

I return to fleet basically headscratching at this point. WTH?

rantboi
07.02.2018 , 05:04 PM | #9503
Quote: Originally Posted by Bookworm_Jedi View Post
Had a weird one a few days ago.

I'm on my baby smuggler, and of course I roll Manaan for the GF Intro. Rest are high lv, including a mando healer. I had one or two small deaths but we proceeded quickly.

We get to the shield droids, and I get a vote kick. No reason, but it doesn't go through. We down the droids and we get to Ortuno. Somewhere in between I get another vote kick. think I also died during the droids, but a rez and we're off folks.

Ortuno time. We one shot the guy 3 of us got got in the puddle and we wiped, but the mando healer manages to wittle him down and the adds for victory.

This is where it gets weird.

The healer rage quits. Puts in all caps DPS SHOOT S*** I HEAL and he drops group!

Then the other dps quite, then I followed suit shortly afterwards. The lone soundral (if memory recalls) still waiting by the door for the last boss.

I return to fleet basically headscratching at this point. WTH?
my guess is that he was angry because you were using kolto stations

josephinec
07.03.2018 , 05:14 PM | #9504
Quote: Originally Posted by rantboi View Post
my guess is that he was angry because you were using kolto stations
Maybe it's just me, but people are so sensitive these days. They drop to 75% health and they hit the kolto. It's one thing if I'm on a low level healer, or I'm trying to bring someone up from low health or running low on resources. But geez, give me a chance!

Anyways, queued my Sentinel(53) on Darth Malgus and got Czerka Corporate Labs with a Seer Sage(69), Vigilance Guardian(70 and in tier 3 gear but with only part set bonus) and fellow Sentinel(43). Should be easy, right? First boss takes forever, because only the other Sentinel and I are using a rotation. Guardian is basically doing Plasma Brand and Blade Storm on cool down, if that much. Everything else is is Saber Strike. He kept running ahead of us and actually pulled the second boss with only me in the room with him. The Sage and the other Sentinel were locked out of the room. I /stuck, hoping he'd get the hint. Nope. He kept fighting with an awful rotation. The boss actually enraged. The group ended up disbanding. I whispered the healer that while I thought they did great, I wasn't going to deal with an idiot like that.
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Vaylin deserved better.

Padabiene
07.08.2018 , 02:18 PM | #9505
Weekend adventures with a lvl 60+ Sniper:

I get Nathema vet, the other three are lvl 70s, they're at the last boss. First part goes smoothly, second part not so much. One of them is new to Nathema and keeps running away with the link, healing the boss. Unless Vinn is dropping circles, then he's standing in them. After a few tries I offer to switch to my 70 healer and we manage to get me back into that group, but it's basically more of the same. Until we decide to not mop him off the floor next time he dies. Apparently that is all we needed to do to finish the boss.

Athiss vet, last boss. I get the fire debuff first and, as usual, I stay roughly in the middle until the fire reaches me and then run. One of the legendary players in the group types in chat to go up the stairs. I answer no worries, I know the FP. No big deal. Until said player gets the fire, runs a little, hops back onto the boss and dies... to the fire.

And my favourite just now: Rakata, also vet. We say hello, we get going, one player lags behind and accidentally pulls a group we had skipped. The only 70 in the group types something about being late and then not even knowing the FP, but whatever. Second boss he does that weird tactic of pulling the Adds behind the pylon. Never had seen that before and all it does is that we have to wait 45 seconds until we can attack the boss after we had cleared the adds. Weird, unnecessary and entirely too far from any other Kolto. I say nothing. Whatever floats his boat.
After that's done I get a whisper and he calls me a pig. I answer with '??' because I have no idea what I just did. No reply. A bit later I try to get him to elaborate but he put me on ignore. Kind of a first, I think. I'm almost proud.

FlameYOL
07.08.2018 , 03:13 PM | #9506
Quote: Originally Posted by Padabiene View Post
Second boss he does that weird tactic of pulling the Adds behind the pylon. Never had seen that before and all it does is that we have to wait 45 seconds until we can attack the boss after we had cleared the adds. Weird, unnecessary and entirely too far from any other Kolto. I say nothing. Whatever floats his boat.
After that's done I get a whisper and he calls me a pig. I answer with '??' because I have no idea what I just did. No reply. A bit later I try to get him to elaborate but he put me on ignore. Kind of a first, I think. I'm almost proud.
It's not weird at all, it helps to gather up the adds in one place and makes AOE'ing a lot easier. Better than leaving a few stragglers about IMO.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

rantboi
07.08.2018 , 04:46 PM | #9507
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
It's not weird at all, it helps to gather up the adds in one place and makes AOE'ing a lot easier. Better than leaving a few stragglers about IMO.
yeah but you could all just stack on them and it would have the same effect except without waiting

FlameYOL
07.08.2018 , 05:34 PM | #9508
Quote: Originally Posted by rantboi View Post
yeah but you could all just stack on them and it would have the same effect except without waiting
Meh, I've found los tactic to be more effective tbh.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Padabiene
07.09.2018 , 12:28 AM | #9509
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
As rantboi said, in that particular case standing together does the trick as well. They're all melee adds, so they come to you anyway. You only get stragglers when people start running around. LOS makes sense if there's ranged adds in the mix that wouldn't move otherwise.
I mean, if you feel comfortable with that tactic that's fine. My only experience with it, as written above, was impractical and made the fight longer than necessary: 45 seconds of standing around because the boss wasn't pulled with the adds at the start. Having to run really far to the next Kolto so the dude with aggro doesn't die (wasn't even the 70, it was the poor 56 Merc) and out of range, losing dps. Having to run all the way back because the boss was out of sight behind the pylon. And it somehow made me a pig. So yeah, not a fan.

Sundown
07.09.2018 , 05:31 AM | #9510
Got a pop for a Vet FP on my Assa-Tank (geared well enough for Vet for sure), see a 40ish Op-Healer and 2 Mercs (lvl 70 if I recall correctly). Zone in to find me in Manaan, obviously Ortuno. Say my hellos and start to run to the boss, when a votekick is initiated by one of the Mercs. Against me. I just type "??" into group chat and continue to get to the boss, when the Mercs suddenly drop group. Votekick failed due to lack of votes, but since the healer never said a word I also leave group and eat my 15 mins of lockout. I asked the initiator of the votekick for a reason, but he just said they decided to abandon the FP (which in fact was pretty obvious) and didn't care to elaborate as to why they wanted to kick me.

I mean, even with a bad healer Ortuno is easy as a tank?!