Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please remove the legacy deserter Lockout timer from Regs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please remove the legacy deserter Lockout timer from Regs

Yamahara
11.20.2020 , 04:50 PM | #11
If they insist on having a deserter lockout in regs it should be no more than 5 minutes, and it should be for the character, not the account. I definitely understand the need for a 15 minute lockout etc for ranked, but it's ridiculous that they applied it to regs as well.
Lukewarm Tauntauns

KendraP
11.20.2020 , 05:03 PM | #12
I agree completely @trixxie

Beyrahl
11.20.2020 , 09:26 PM | #13
If match making was remotely good I'd be all for the lockout since healer/tank impact is far larger than a DPS.
But sadly, all I get is against premades with no healer and a tank who doesn't guard.
Most of the time it's no big deal, but it does get very stale and boring fast.
If I don't get that it's often a steam roll. There's really no in-between, the rare occurrence it isn't is the reason I queue in the first place.

TrixxieTriss
11.21.2020 , 01:30 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beyrahl View Post
If match making was remotely good I'd be all for the lockout since healer/tank impact is far larger than a DPS.
But sadly, all I get is against premades with no healer and a tank who doesn't guard.
Most of the time it's no big deal, but it does get very stale and boring fast.
If I don't get that it's often a steam roll. There's really no in-between, the rare occurrence it isn't is the reason I queue in the first place.
Funny you say that. I was just about to post how the match making is soooooooo bad (even in lowbies) where it puts whole lvl 40 teams against 4 x lvl 10-15ís. And while that sucks in arena, at least itís over fast.

Sadly, itís a highly aggravating experience in a map like Hypergates where one side gets a premade of all stealth or all ranged at lvl 35-42 vs a team that doesnít get 8 players and the highest is lvl 22 and the 5 other players arenít even lvl 16 or understand the map.

And yes, I know itís lowbies etc and itís where people learn, which is fine. But how can they learn when they class stack the other team with experienced players and sometimes in premadeís. The only thing that happens is they get farmed. Have a really bad experience and donít requeue.

This isnít just a lowbie problem because while you donít have the character lvl disparity in lvl 75, you do have players that are under geared (no set bonuses and poor stats or no tactical) and inexperiences players vs premades of all kinds (including ranked players).

The whole experience isnít fun when you are losing match after match through no fault of your own except poor match making, lack of map choice and against premades vs pugs.

You get nothing for losing now and you can mostly tell within 30 secs of the match starting that itís a loss. At least when you got something for the loss it was not a complete waste of 10-15 mins. But because you get nothing now towards your mission completion or your conquest achievement, I can understand why people want to leave.

So people do one of three things, they afk and wait it out, they leave and stop playing the game or they help the other team win faster in the hope it speeds things up.
When you get people doing any of those things, it doesnít matter how good you are or if you are trying because itís a loss of team cohesion and itís a loss. At least when people could leave, you might get some good back fillers who might even it out. Iíve won many matches in the past like this.

And if you back fill now you canít leave and you know itís a loss because the team has resigned to losing. When I would pop into back fills before these changes, I still felt optimistic that I might be able to turn the game around. Now I pop inTo a back fill and I feel instantly dejected and want to claw my eyes out. I canít leave and itís not my fault I got back filled, but I still get punished if I leave.

Iíve said it before that I understand the reasoning for the lock outs. But the lack of rewards for losing, the lock out penalty for leaving, the lack of map choice and the terribly broken match making, only exacerbates feeling like I never have fun in pvp anymore and I donít want to play it. Iím sure Iím not alone in feeling like that. I want to play for fun and get some enjoyment. I am not having fun and at the end of half my pvp sessions and I feel like crap and never want to play ANY part of the game again.

My wife says I should stop playing if Iím not having fun and Iím starting to listen. If only Bioware would listen to our feed back and understand that many of us arenít having fun anymore since they made these draconian changes.
Itís pretty simple, they can keep the changes and not listen or continue to lose players because they arenít having fun.

Mevan
11.21.2020 , 02:28 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Yamahara View Post
If they insist on having a deserter lockout in regs it should be no more than 5 minutes, and it should be for the character, not the account. I definitely understand the need for a 15 minute lockout etc for ranked, but it's ridiculous that they applied it to regs as well.
This^. It was a "fix" nobody asked for or wanted.

mike_carton
11.21.2020 , 11:32 AM | #16
While agreeing with everything else in that post, I want to highlight this (emphasis added). It is a good description of the negative spiral ahead of us:
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Both these examples suggest an even bigger issue. That is players arenít having fun because they canít always complete their weeklies by just playing or they arenít having fun because certain maps pop or the match making puts you with people who donít care about winning.

Having the legacy lockout doesnít prevent this attitude or feeling. In fact it re-enforces peopleís resolve to wintrade or afk or worse, to stop queuing to play pvp. Which is more detrimental because less people play, which means worse matchmaking probability, which means more one sided matches, then more people decide that wintrading is the only way to get weeklies done.
It'd seem obvious that a game developer would make all parts of the game fun; unranked PvP is not as much fun as it used to be for many players now.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

elimatorxv
11.21.2020 , 01:59 PM | #17
havent left a single warzone or arena since i always do them to the end but i can share my empathy with those that DC

there is always a better answer then a legacy lockout
http://www.swtor.com/r/5SJ2Hw my referal link you can click it if you want for some goodies and 7 days subscription but only if willing

Opiklo
11.21.2020 , 02:39 PM | #18
the main problem is, that people cant choose which types of wz they want to play.
but as the population nowadays is so low it wont work properly.
RiP Forum

mcopel
11.21.2020 , 09:24 PM | #19
Please remove the deserter lockout timer all together. Unless you are giving a reward of equal or greater value in regs as compared to flash points, these penalties shouldn't exist. Heck, Flashpoints have less of a penalty for deserting then regs AND they can get better rewards.

MagikFingerz
Yesterday , 02:52 PM | #20
/signed

And fix matchmaking. And fix it in GSF too, while you're at it, it's possibly even worse there.
75's: Sage - Caranx | Sentinel - Wu'Chi Gunslinger - Jhaxx | Commando - Chronix
Assassin - Thoraxx | Juggernaut - Haxxion Operative - Axihn | PowerTech - Drexxin

<75's: Shadow - Nexxon | Guardian - Daexion Scoundrel - Jhaxara | Vanguard - Chronox
Sorcerer - Thoraxa | Marauder - Th'raxxon Sniper - Drax'n | Mercenary - Laranxa