KBN's Stress-Free Guide to the Tank Rotation

KeyboardNinja

Now, I know the OP stated that the tanking rotation stuff is outdated, but I'd just like to say that I've never used the rotation he's listed (played off and on since launch, with a large gap after the first year, anyhoo.)

My rotation is shock > wither > thrash > shock > dep volts > maul (when proc'd) > ward > repeat. This rotation has always allowed for damn near perfect cd time for abilites, not to mention the reset proc of abilites like shock.

IDK where he gets this saber strike, saber strike, stuff from and I never run into any issues with force.

Well, considering your rotation fails an average of 50% of the time, I highly doubt you've never had any issues executing it.

That said, do we play the same game? Have you ever fought a boss with a super low rate of attack? Have you done more than solo content? Did you know you can use Dark Ward off of the global cooldown, and don't need to hold a spot open in your rotation for it? Do you ever even use Discharge for the 5% accuracy debuff on up to 8 enemies, not to mention the ludicrous threat it now generates?

Now maybe I've misinterpreted what you've said, but I don't think we play the same game.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon me, but where does Spinning Kick/Spike go in the rotation/priority queue? According to my tooltip, it has the second highest DPS right behind Spinning Strike/Assassinate and has the same Force cost as Slow Time/Wither, Force Breach/Discharge, and Double Strike/Thrash.

I'm guessing we should use it in place of DS/Thrash when we can, but I'd like to get someone else's input.

• 3 years later...

Given that the efficient termination setbonus gives 10% DR on spike, has anybody thought of what this changes in the tanking rotation?

Will the Single target priority be the following:

1) (Assassinate (sub 30%) or Reaper’s Rush utility)

2) Depredating Volts ( procced, 3 stacks of Harnessed Darkness)

3) Shock (on cooldown, unless you have 3 stacks of Harnessed Darkness)

4 ) Wither (on cooldown)

5) SPIKE

6) Maul (only with Conspirator’s Cloak)

7) Thrash

8) Discharge (only once every 45 seconds to apply Unsteady on the target or 2+ targets and if you have a proc)

9) Saber Strike (force management)

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the guide. It seems to be still quite up to date - at least alot of information can be used.

Of course there are some changes - would any one mind pointing those out?

(I'm sorry I'm kinda new, thank you!)

Given that the efficient termination setbonus gives 10% DR on spike, has anybody thought of what this changes in the tanking rotation?

4 ) Wither (on cooldown)

5) SPIKE

7) Thrash

8) Discharge (only once every 45 seconds to apply Unsteady on the target or 2+ targets and if you have a proc)

Hi would you mind using the Mirror - Terms, as well?

I'm kinda new and really have no clue of the "other" side (on top of using another language, so I'm really just used to the jedi-side)

Please Thank you!!

Edited by HottesIce

Thanks for the guide. It seems to be still quite up to date - at least alot of information can be used.

Of course there are some changes - would any one mind pointing those out?

(I'm sorry I'm kinda new, thank you!)

4 ) Wither (on cooldown)

5) SPIKE

7) Thrash

Hi would you mind using the Mirror - Terms, as well?

I'm kinda new and really have no clue of the "other" side (on top of using another language, so I'm really just used to the jedi-side)

Please Thank you!!

Edit: I merged this post with my previous one, since it created a new page (for me)

Edited by HottesIce