Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvE] The Mercenary / Commando Healing Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
[PvE] The Mercenary / Commando Healing Guide

MyaDragon
03.04.2014 , 07:51 PM | #51
-big hugs for you!-

I just hit 25 on my Merc Healer and I have been having a lot of Heat issues, especially moments when my Vent Heat is on CD and the enemy suddenly tosses out a junk load of damage on the party. Some of the tips and tricks you've recommended have really helped clear up a lot of things and I look forward to trying them come next FP run.

NeNiMel
03.15.2014 , 04:25 AM | #52
10k views
That is really awesome. It seems like the guide is being used

It does not seem like there are any major changes for bodyguard in 2.7. The only think that will effect us is the reduced cooldown on power surge that will give us more instant cast potential. The change to the bodyguard tree is just a rearrangement of the talents and it will not have any affect at all for PvE...

Back to Manaan for more kolto - NeNiMel out!

PS. I also noticed that I forgot to update the talent builds for commandoes in the translation section, which should be corrected now.
A T M E A || < R A G N A R O K >
T H E . R E D . E C I L P S E

NeNiMel
04.09.2014 , 02:51 PM | #53
Don't worry guys I haven't forgotten
There will be a update to the guide, so it reflects 2.7. Torhead just needs to update too, so I can correct the skill tree and BiS gear.

NeNiMel
04.12.2014 , 05:04 AM | #54
Okay I have updated the Guide for 2.7!
askmrrobot havent been updated yet, so my profile there is still outdate...

I have made a few additions to the guide aswell, nothing major. As always let me know what you think

cs_zoltan
04.14.2014 , 07:06 AM | #55
Here's a quick feedback, the changelog is messed up
Also I suggest turning of Quick Ground Target Activation, It's really annoying for me, I messed up so many KM on Nefra Nim because of it.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
KÚja, Kejann, Aemis, KyrÝ, Kyra'h, KÚssa, Frńngit, Lamţa, Kalk´Maelin, Morwy

baxleyjo
04.16.2014 , 12:03 PM | #56
Awesome guide and effort put forth.

Been playing an Arsenal merc for my entire playtime of over a year. Just began a merc healer to challenge myself. Will probably be referring to your thread continuously to guide me along and keep me from reverting to my dps mindset.....

DarthSpekulatius
04.17.2014 , 02:30 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
Here's a quick feedback, the changelog is messed up
Also I suggest turning of Quick Ground Target Activation, It's really annoying for me, I messed up so many KM on Nefra Nim because of it.
I'm in a split mind about that option it's great I've agressed most of the robots (Edit: against nefra) (so a lot of running around) and the ability to throw a Kolto Bomb backwards is awesome sure i could probably hit the tanks as well as two people in the DD camp if i threw carefully enough.
but I can do that no matter the Option (it doesn't force you to use it after all)

finally no more Kolto Bombs and Salvations at the ceiling while fighting the Trash on the way to Bestia that's awesome

keep the option just don't use it if you loose out on the healing when centering on one person instead of placing it manually between a group of people

NeNiMel
04.22.2014 , 06:59 AM | #58
@cz_zoltan thanks for the feedback should be fixed now

Regarding the Quick Ground Target Activation option I think it is a matter of personal taste. I always uses the normal way to place the Kolto Missile, with very few exceptions. I still like to have the option enabled because it helps me when I am moving around.
I too messed up a few kolto missiles when I first enabled the option, but after a few runs I got a hold on it. So I think it is just a matter of practice aswell as everything else with this class So I will keep the option on, but as DarthSpekulatius said:
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpekulatius View Post
keep the option just don't use it if you loose out on the healing when centering on one person instead of placing it manually between a group of people
@baxleyjo Thanks. Hope you will find it useful

NeNiMel
06.08.2014 , 10:59 AM | #59
15k views that is really awesome

I am still checking in on the guide regularly to see if there have been any questions and so on.
As you all know there are not planned any changes for the mercenaries that will affect anything in this guide, so probably will not be any changes to it either.

Stay strong out there and pump some kolto into those allies of yours! Atmea

Orderken
06.14.2014 , 10:47 AM | #60
Hi NeNiMel,

I had time to clean up the Mercenary|Commando model for PVE healing that I developed some time ago. I added a link to it in my signature.

As noted in worksheet "Introduction", my use for the model has been to optimize Critical from gear for the amount of Surge that I choose to have. In addition, since the link in the OP to MMO Mechanics is broken (MMO Mechanics no longer exists), my model is a source for abilities' properties, such as Coefficients.
Orderken, <Hates You>, Prophecy of the Five

Guides and Model for Healing
Sorcerer / Sage / Mercenary / Commando / Operative / Scoundrel