Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Pyro 1.2 Impressions so Far, Modding Tests.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
PvP Pyro 1.2 Impressions so Far, Modding Tests.

exphryl
04.12.2012 , 11:09 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by kloudstrife View Post
After playing a few WZs, the "nerf" wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Just have to pay attention to your heat at first to get a feel for it, and you should be good to go.

I'm more curious about how AP is performing now.
I played my first few games today as AP. It's pretty poor still in my opinion....
E x p h r y l | <Exiled Disciples> Daragon Trail
| ---------- Want to see Pyro Burst Potential in 1.2? Watch This! -----------|
| Valor 90+ Powertech | |Thinking of Rolling a Pyro or Assault VG? Read this Guide |
|
|Guild Website | Youtube| Cassie - 50 Operative | Krelia - 50 Sorcerer|

Goldenboyy
04.12.2012 , 11:09 AM | #12
Are you certain the old power surge mods > the 1.2 power expertise mods? This question is really bothering me.

Theology
04.12.2012 , 11:10 AM | #13
The nerf would be a-okay if PPA couldn't be proc'd while RS is already off CD.

Too much to ask though, I presume.

Also, still seeing 'famine' problems. It gets quite frustrating.

Theology
04.12.2012 , 11:11 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Goldenboyy View Post
Are you certain the old power surge mods > the 1.2 power expertise mods? This question is really bothering me.
You lose about 125 expertise which amounts to like 1.5%

It's absolutely worth it.

Terrorshard
04.12.2012 , 11:47 AM | #15
Did you put in BM equivalent power/surge enhancements or did you rip ones from new BM gear?

exphryl
04.12.2012 , 11:49 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Terrorshard View Post
Did you put in BM equivalent power/surge enhancements or did you rip ones from new BM gear?
Couldn't find any BM gear that had Power or Surge. Usually was one or the other (Surge being on some Defense gear of Juggs).

I had everything saves for Enhancements before patch, I can see new 50s not being able to do that set up though as it'll require farming PvE gear now.
| Valor 90+ Powertech | |Thinking of Rolling a Pyro or Assault VG? Read this Guide |
|

Terrorshard
04.12.2012 , 11:54 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by exphryl View Post
Couldn't find any BM gear that had Power or Surge. Usually was one or the other (Surge being on some Defense gear of Juggs).

I had everything saves for Enhancements before patch, I can see new 50s not being able to do that set up though as it'll require farming PvE gear now.
So it was just the same champ ones?

Shredbull
04.12.2012 , 12:02 PM | #18
Will keep this relatively brief but starting a thread so others can post their thoughts also.

Remodded all my enhancements back to the Power/Surge ones I had saved before patch.

Wearing moddable bracers/Belt.

PVP Damage Bonus is down to 18.34%
PVP Damage Reduction is down to 15.50%

But I gained 100 Power and 10% Surge.

I'm also critting some oranges so may try a build with just crit crafted gear and forgo the set bonus for more baseline stats. Will update how that is going

I also gained a bit more HP, but even then I'm still about 1k short of what I was before patch.

Doing this enabled me to get back up to the near 5K Range on my Railshots and TDs. I really hardly notice the 6 sec ICD so far.

I still melt people very very easily.

Shall post something more detailed later today but just from the few warzones I did so far. I did the remodding after the first few since I was getting frustrated at the damage drop with all the Accuracy stuff.

Edit #1: Just hit a 5022 Railshot Crit Hard to tell gear level of chars anymore based on health sicne everybody's is lower so not sure. how much expertise the player had.
As I appreciate your input I am 99% sure you are one of the main reasons bioware nerfed powertechs. Do me a big *********** favor and do not post any more videos of your facerolling or insane crits. Also, keep the thread professional and keep stuff like the marked red text OUT.

Unless you want another fkin nerf. You know what happened to operatives.

If you purely want to showoff I say remain your bragging for ingame chat.

No offense but I didn't just level a 50 PT to get nerfed twice. Keep threads like these going and the sorcerers, mercenarys , and soon to be nerfed down assassins will find them, and start to cry.

I hope you think twice before bragging again.

As for the rest of the people in this thread saying how totally fine PT's are : Keep it to yourself.

I have had no time to play mine yet as my main pc is being repaired, but I sure as hell won't come here bragging if the class turns out to be fine.

EDIT : Don't get me wrong, I like you and your vids, but this is how operatives got nerfed aswell. Bioware does look at forum and youtube material, as has been proven when they replied to a person that made a vid of him critting 10k with his op.

Besides, a 6 sec cooldown does indeed affect PT's. Before I used to be able to get 3 railshot procs in a row, which is impossible now. With the long fights we will have heat issues. Glad heat cost of quell is gone but still, I doubt we will be able to solo sin tanks that easily now.

wtb_skillz
04.12.2012 , 12:45 PM | #19
Will keep this relatively brief but starting a thread so others can post their thoughts also.

Remodded all my enhancements back to the Power/Surge ones I had saved before patch.

Wearing moddable bracers/Belt.

PVP Damage Bonus is down to 18.34%
PVP Damage Reduction is down to 15.50%

But I gained 100 Power and 10% Surge.

I'm also critting some oranges so may try a build with just crit crafted gear and forgo the set bonus for more baseline stats. Will update how that is going

I also gained a bit more HP, but even then I'm still about 1k short of what I was before patch.

Doing this enabled me to get back up to the near 5K Range on my Railshots and TDs. I really hardly notice the 6 sec ICD so far.

I still melt people very very easily.

Shall post something more detailed later today but just from the few warzones I did so far. I did the remodding after the first few since I was getting frustrated at the damage drop with all the Accuracy stuff.

Edit #1: Just hit a 5022 Railshot Crit Hard to tell gear level of chars anymore based on health sicne everybody's is lower so not sure. how much expertise the player had.
Probably a pretty good sign considering almost anyone can buy a full set of recruit gear with a descent amount of expertise. What relics do you use? Also I assume Elimanator set bonus?
Lothario Leader of Malevolent Empire Tarro Blood
Guild Site
Recruit Post
Follow us on Twitter @Malevolent_SWOR

exphryl
04.12.2012 , 12:45 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by wtb_skillz View Post
Probably a pretty good sign considering almost anyone can buy a full set of recruit gear with a descent amount of expertise. What relics do you use? Also I assume Elimanator set bonus?
Yeah. Eliminator for now.

Dual BM Relics.
|