Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware might not go through with the 6 second nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Bioware might not go through with the 6 second nerf

LoKiei
03.19.2012 , 02:15 AM | #21
Or make it so there is no longer a proc and with the right spec the cooldown on railshot is 6s.

tkdlauri
03.19.2012 , 02:28 AM | #22
We all know that Pyro was way OP as it stands right now when I can proc 3-4 times in a row if I get really lucky and my target stands no chance at all, But BW has gone to far with a 6 sec cool down. This is why.

1. Heat will be a joke for us now, with a 6 sec cool down on RS we dont really have any abilities at low heat cost to use as filler. Besides Rapid shot which is a joke

2. will take away all bursting potential out of the class

3. Makes the class no fun to play anymore due to no filler ability that have low heat

So how would you feel about say a 10% nerf in damage to rail shot insted of the 6sec cool down. I think this will solve the problem that they are haveing not letting us Crit for 3-4k and 5k on weak players to maby criting for 2-3k max I am ok with that.

Also side note BW how to you buff force sweep the strongest dps move in the game that I have seen crit for 5-7k on 1-5 players and then reduce that cool down to nothing and then give us a cool down on this.

Theology
03.19.2012 , 02:28 AM | #23
The cooldown would have to be more like 7.5 to compensate for the 1 GCD to actually proc it, which still, is much better than the current RNG internal cooldown crap they have now.

tkdlauri
03.19.2012 , 02:38 AM | #24
All my pyrotech guildies just told me that this cool down cannot happen they run out of heat in seconds. I think this is because they are playing like they used to and just flame blasting until the RS proc happens. So this totaly ruins are spec because doing constant rapid shots for 6 seconds before starting flame burst just isnt going to work for us. No more burst no more fun and no sustained dps.

Theology
03.19.2012 , 03:04 AM | #25
The new rotation will be as follows:

Opener: Same as before with TD --> IM--> (relics/adrenals) RS --> RP (RS) FB (RS) -->

Rapid shots --> Rapid Shots --> Rapid Shots--> Rapid Shots --> RP/FB --> RS. Rinse and repeat.

Basically, you blow your wad for 6 seconds, max your heat, then rapid shot to auto-vent all the way back down.

Makes me sick just thinking about it.

tkdlauri
03.19.2012 , 03:07 AM | #26
Also if people think they will get a RS every 6 sec now guaranteed they are wrong. You wait 6 sec then FB/RP proc then start when proc RS you are looking at min 8-10 sec might as well go AP for the 100% crit chance every 15 sec

Varicite
03.19.2012 , 03:13 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
Your statement implies that dealing ultra-high damage is balanced. It is not, if I wasn't clear.

I hate internal CDs out of principle, but PPA was way too good of a talent and needed a change. Also, other procs that are just as powerful as PPA are also limited by internal CDs so this change shouldn't really be a surprise.

My hope is that the 6 second internal CD will allow for more variation in PyroTech damage rotations so it can still put up desired damage output (i.e. Thermal Detonator is no longer a DPS loss). It doesn't make sense for the talent Rain of Fire to affect four abilities when you only truly use two of them.
Let me ask you this.

Do you not have heat problems at all currently as Pyro when dealing w/ healers and sturdy targets in PvP?

Now cut your heat regeneration in half.

I'm not sure where you think you will suddenly have MORE resources w/ LESS heat venting. Where are all these variations in attacks coming from?

Do you not understand that the "variation" that's going to happen is you're going to be using Rapid Shots, not TD, because you will have half the heat regen you do now.

If it remains the way it is currently on PTS, it's a pretty hefty nerf to one of the biggest resource-hog specs in the game.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

Tifski
03.19.2012 , 04:18 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Theology View Post
Then you don't play a Pyro powertech, sir. Please leave this discussion quietly.
My only character is a Pyro Powertech. The assumption game is fun.
Quote:
the swg pbs was horribly flawed, if you think any of us want something even remotely similar, then sir you are miserably deranged.
It's not trolling when I disagree with you.

tkdlauri
03.19.2012 , 04:27 AM | #29
We all know that we are OP when we get back to back to back RS procs but any suggestions on how to fix this insted of the 6sec CD that destroy's the class

Varicite
03.19.2012 , 04:29 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by tkdlauri View Post
We all know that we are OP when we get back to back to back RS procs but any suggestions on how to fix this insted of the 6sec CD that destroy's the class
Sure. Make it 4 second cooldown instead.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.