Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware might not go through with the 6 second nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Bioware might not go through with the 6 second nerf

Sharpiie
03.18.2012 , 04:24 PM | #1
As many Powertechs know, Bioware is planning on adding a 6 second cooldown to Railshot resets. This may not happen because at the top of the patch notes, it says that none of the changes are final. So maybe if enough people complain, they will not do this?

Theology
03.18.2012 , 04:35 PM | #2
I've been petitioning it very hard. 6 seconds is just way too long bioware, way too long.

Please think it through.

Tifski
03.18.2012 , 06:29 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharpiie View Post
As many Powertechs know, Bioware is planning on adding a 6 second cooldown to Railshot resets. This may not happen because at the top of the patch notes, it says that none of the changes are final. So maybe if enough people complain, they will not do this?
Encouraging whining, good plan.
Quote:
the swg pbs was horribly flawed, if you think any of us want something even remotely similar, then sir you are miserably deranged.
It's not trolling when I disagree with you.

albynomonk
03.18.2012 , 06:30 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tifski View Post
Encouraging whining, good plan.

Whining gets results around here...
The Gunanoot Legacy - The Harbinger
Tito, Soren, Zzoren, DrManhattan, DoubleOh, Mookie

Tifski
03.18.2012 , 06:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by albynomonk View Post
Whining gets results around here...
Calling this a nerf in the first place is a stretch, at best.
Quote:
the swg pbs was horribly flawed, if you think any of us want something even remotely similar, then sir you are miserably deranged.
It's not trolling when I disagree with you.

lexiekaboom
03.18.2012 , 06:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharpiie View Post
Not really how it works

If enough people play on test as powertechs and the data they collect shows that there overall DPS is lower then they were aiming for, then yes, they will change it.

Complaining means nothing. They are not listening to people complain because that's the natural, expected reaction to every change. Powertechs saying "I don't like x" gives them no new data; they were already aware that you were not going to like x.

What you need to give them is DATA in the form of hours logged on the test server.

Theology
03.18.2012 , 08:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tifski View Post
Calling this a nerf in the first place is a stretch, at best.
Then you don't play a Pyro powertech, sir. Please leave this discussion quietly.

TooSlo
03.18.2012 , 09:44 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Theology View Post
Then you don't play a Pyro powertech, sir. Please leave this discussion quietly.
Its going to create more consistent heat generation and reliable DPS. Unless you have some magical way to prove that the sky is falling by having parsing on live and 1.2, the burden of proof would lie on you in this instance.

Please, show me some logs that prove that this is a pants-on-head level of DPS nerf.

GianBaal
03.18.2012 , 10:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
Its going to create more consistent heat generation and reliable DPS. Unless you have some magical way to prove that the sky is falling by having parsing on live and 1.2, the burden of proof would lie on you in this instance.

Please, show me some logs that prove that this is a pants-on-head level of DPS nerf.
Everybody with the brain of a chicken can realize that removing the chance to do ultra-high dmg while still leaving a chance to not do any dmg at all is a nerf.

Exchange dmg with heat-reduction, and the above sentence still applies. What exactly makes this hard to undersrand and for which part do you need proof?
Please ignore my bad english. I'm a non-native speaker.

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BART...inaction12.png

Theology
03.18.2012 , 10:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post

No, the nerf will create MORE heat generation via less ability to vent heat, unless you constantly rapid shot, and reliable DPS in that we know we wont have Rail Shots but every 9-12 seconds, thus no way to vent heat, thus increasing the amount that we rapid shot. That is why it is a DPS nerf. It is forcing us to use rapid shots over anything else to save heat every 9 seconds in anticipation for the PPA proc. Bro, significantly Less DPS does not equal reliable DPS.

Now, unless you have some magical way to prove that this is not a spec ruining, DPS nerf, you can kindly leave, too.