2.0 Rip off

foorg

Love this game, some good things are coming and dont want to be all negative but as a sub I urge all subs NOT to buy the expansion.

Subs pay € 122,- a year minimum and buying this expansion would suggest that subs only pay for the making of the game (more then a year ago??!!) and maintenance. Imo 2.0 is a scam and should be boycotted all the way.

I understand if access needs to be bought by prefered- and F2P status players. Perhaps with some Cartel coins or credit unlock for subs but asking this money is a slap in my face. Even if this is ONLY € 7,-

Very disappointing Bioware/EA, you are way out of line here. :mad::mad:

Addition: see now that you can only buy PvP and PvE gear with the expension? This sub will be leaving the game soon if this stays the same!!

Edited by foorg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is unfortunately water under the bridge, mate.

It would have been my preference for subs to get access to Makeb for being subs. We know that was what was initially intended. Unfortunately, they've been quite open about this for some time and it is a little strange to blow a gasket about it today.

Ultimately, my status as a sub depends on the quality of the expansion.

- Arcada

Plus pre & 50 contents and dailies scaled up to 55 excluding everyone that has not the "Xpac" (more of a major patch btw)

Smart move. But I won't buy anything, already a sub and I think that we deserve to be treated right. And I hope people'll follow.

I think they announced the cost of the expansion back in November? It was probably in December and it's been plastered all over the web site for the last 4 months right on the front page!!

Thank you for your reply. I am sure they announced the upcoming expansion but let me be more clear. I subscribed and have access to the full game including end game gear etc. After 2.0 I can't buy any of the gear anymore, I am locked out. They didnt mention that in November/December.

So its not about the little info we should have been reading about the upcoming patch but about subs don't getting value for money anymore.

Well i have learned my lessons from this going into the future

Beta Tester

Owner of Collectors edition

Subscriber to the game (from day one)

Prepaid for this addon for almost 3 months now (though not obviously within biowares time limit) :-

And no early access leaving my characters worse of than they were before this patch cause i cant fill out skill points properly as this patch relies on something i cant get for a while has made me wonder just how much does bioware really gives a damn about there actual paying customers.

Edited by Olinlore

@foorg I really don't get your beef... You are upset that you cannot purchase gear above level 50, when your toon can not use gear above level 50? You still have access to level 50 gear, you can still do level 50 HMFP and level 50 operations and recieve level 50 gear. Think it was pretty clear in the advertisement that to progress from 50 to 55 you had to buy the expansion. Edited by mikebevo

No they give a damn about the people who put their money down for the pre-order and now are honoring their obligation to give them 5 days free.

I didnt even start playing this game until after February, so I never even had a chance to pre-order in time. Last night I was on as soon as the servers came up, instead of complaining, I respecced my skill tree (oh the horror I dont have my 10% shield bonus for 4 more days) and started playing the game. Some of my guildmates were going to Makeb, I sadly had to sit in fleet and que for WZs, look at new armor.

But what else can they do? If they cave in and give me early access, no one will ever buy the pre-order by the deadline. Everyone will just expect that if they complain enough, theyll get the access anyways. That is really not a great model.

Love this game, some good things are coming and dont want to be all negative but as a sub I urge all subs NOT to buy the expansion.

Subs pay € 122,- a year minimum and buying this expansion would suggest that subs only pay for the making of the game (more then a year ago??!!) and maintenance. Imo 2.0 is a scam and should be boycotted all the way.

I understand if access needs to be bought by prefered- and F2P status players. Perhaps with some Cartel coins or credit unlock for subs but asking this money is a slap in my face. Even if this is ONLY € 7,-

Very disappointing Bioware/EA, you are way out of line here. :mad::mad:

Addition: see now that you can only buy PvP and PvE gear with the expension? This sub will be leaving the game soon if this stays the same!!

don't like it,don't play it

@foorg I really don't get your beef... You are upset that you cannot purchase gear above level 50, when your toon can not use gear above level 50? You still have access to level 50 gear, you can still do level 50 HMFP and level 50 operations and recieve level 50 gear. Think it was pretty clear in the advertisement that to progress from 50 to 55 you had to buy the expansion.

Did you check the PvP and PvE vendors? I am sorry but I think you dont get the point but thank you for you response.

Payed already for it so I am starting a campaign against this expansion. If you dont like it, dont reply to this topic.

Translation: "If you don't share my exact opinion I don't want to hear it."

Don't cry when you post something in a public forum and don't get the overwhelming support you assumed would follow.

Hes asking basically what are we subscribing for and im starting to think that too

Unlimited warzones, unlimited flashpoints, unlimited ops?

I believe those are all perks that subscribers get. There are others too, but that is what you are paying for. Im pretty sure you can unsub and purchase the expansion and be considered a "preferred" player.

I cant answer why you are subscribing, that is up to you.

Did you check the PvP and PvE vendors? I am sorry but I think you dont get the point but thank you for you response.
Yes I did...Think maybe your need to check again. Also may want to check your comms, you should have used you comms before 2.0 dropped (bh comms), now you are just paying higher prices for the same things.

All this stuff was on the forums before 2.0 dropped...

Edited by mikebevo

don't like it,don't play it

I agree with Foorg, you would think for the money we pay to be subs that you would get a few other perks, it is always the followers that say stuff like "dont like it dont play it", its all fine and dandy if you enjoy gettn the shaft, more power to you bro. I for one am lettn my sub run out and cya swtor.

it is always the followers that say stuff like "dont like it dont play it"

Okay, how about "don't like it, keep handing over cash and playing". Better? Of course not. There's nothing more logical than telling someone to stop doing something if they're not happy with it.

When I preordered RotHC there was a huge banner on the page telling me "preorder now to get bla bla bla items early access bla bla bla" didn't mention only if I preordered by 7th January. (I registered my account on the 8th of February..)

Freaking joke.

Okay, how about "don't like it, keep handing over cash and playing". Better? Of course not. There's nothing more logical than telling someone to stop doing something if they're not happy with it.

my idea but what im saying is if you don't like it than why are you still here?? i mean it's a waste of space on forums while there could be way better things on this forum than ppl moaning cuz they don't like it. BTW you should have made this thread on general discussion than on community where ppl post rp stuff and fan arts

Unlimited warzones, unlimited flashpoints, unlimited ops?

I believe those are all perks that subscribers get. There are others too, but that is what you are paying for. Im pretty sure you can unsub and purchase the expansion and be considered a "preferred" player.

I cant answer why you are subscribing, that is up to you.

I have to reply to whoever wrote this ... let me see all that was there since i started playing and paying for this game how is this some kind of perk ... and i pay six monthly subs in advance and paid for this expansion in advance they wont give me my money back and thats part of the problem they dont give a damn now they have it