Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Set bonus is not transfering along with the Armoring mod ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Set bonus is not transfering along with the Armoring mod ?

Silentzium
04.12.2012 , 07:31 PM | #1
As far as i read from the patch notes, the set bonus should transfer to any piece of orange gear by moving the armoring slot, however , today when i extracted my battlemaster armoring mod and transfered it to an orange shell, the set bonus remained on the empty battlemaster item.

Is this intended or did i read all the info backwards ?

Ganrax
04.12.2012 , 07:37 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Silentzium View Post
As far as i read from the patch notes, the set bonus should transfer to any piece of orange gear by moving the armoring slot, however , today when i extracted my battlemaster armoring mod and transfered it to an orange shell, the set bonus remained on the empty battlemaster item.

Is this intended or did i read all the info backwards ?
It only works with the NEW gear with set bonuses(War Hero, and Campaign). Our current gear(centurion, champion, battlemaster, tionese, columi, and rakata) does not move the set bonus when you move the armoring, you are simply moving the armoring. Even if it says that the part of the gear is filled when you put it in an orange you do not get the bonus(I tested it today). They misrepresented it in the patch notes with how they worded it making it pretty much a bait and switch.

Jiayuan
04.12.2012 , 07:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganrax View Post
It only works with the NEW gear with set bonuses(War Hero, and Campaign). Our current gear(centurion, champion, battlemaster, tionese, columi, and rakata) does not move the set bonus when you move the armoring, you are simply moving the armoring. Even if it says that the part of the gear is filled when you put it in an orange you do not get the bonus(I tested it today). They misrepresented it in the patch notes with how they worded it making it pretty much a bait and switch.
What the heck!

Silentzium
04.13.2012 , 12:28 AM | #4
Oh common ! This was suppose to work with old armorings as well. So now my choice is to either play in a set with no set bonus, spend another 500k credits to move all the mods back or farm till my eyes bleed for the new war hero set ?

....and to think i used to enjoy playing this game.

Serbegorn
04.13.2012 , 12:30 AM | #5
Oh common ! This was suppose to work with old armorings as well. So now my choice is to either play in a set with no set bonus, spend another 500k credits to move all the mods back or farm till my eyes bleed for the new war hero set ?

Yup. pretty much a cluster ****.

Rhaphael
04.13.2012 , 01:05 AM | #6

It's actually been known (and fought) by players on the PTS for at least a few weeks. The threads used to be all over the place. Can't imagine how you missed it.

Ravand
04.13.2012 , 01:38 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
It's actually been known (and fought) by players on the PTS for at least a few weeks. The threads used to be all over the place. Can't imagine how you missed it.
Believe it or not.. not every player reads forums. The vast majority of players don't even log the forums once. ( talking about the vast majority that are casuals and play SWTOR )

Forums are optional when the patch notes are written by someone proficient at English.

Unless it was intentional. To fool people into subbing one more month.

Silentzium
04.13.2012 , 03:54 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
I'ved been looking at the PTS forums quite a bit to be honest. While i do admit that the threads about the armors didn't interest me much after the bazzilionth question about the RE chances to craft an orange gear or the stat rollback but i never saw a thread relating to armorings. Maybe i just missed it or it was filed under some weird name.

THAAC
04.13.2012 , 04:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ganrax View Post
It does not work with the new gear...no Armorings ingame have the set bonus linked to them.

Hopefully just an oversight (fixed with today's patch perhaps?) and not just another 1.2 promise BW was lying about.

tazrok
04.13.2012 , 05:19 AM | #10
i also notices the new tier gear has no set bonus at all on it