This game possibly has the worst UI of all time

Kwll

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Necro Batman!

Kudos for the find OP. Don't know how many pages you had to sort through to find this little nugget.

And while we are at it, yes, I'm liking the UI quite a bit these days.

Edited by Rafaman

I'm a new player, and I just played the last week of the game with no XP bar. I had to ask in chat where it was. I picked the extended UI, and maybe when I added my legacy, it bumped my XP bar under my first hotbar. Maybe. But it was visibly gone, and I was only tracking legacy XP.

My companion's bar also keeps bumping into the middle of the screen for no apparent reason. Then when I click the edit panel, it ISN:T MOVEABLE like all the other windows and anything under the interface editor window it then hidden and is stuck there.

Also, why is the empire made to use Republic colors? Why is the chat at the top left by default: that's horrible. So I moved it to bottom left.

Now when a window pops up and obscures the top of my chat box partially, I CAN:T use the window buttons at the bottom since it makes the chat box pop over the bottom of it instead, so it's non functional until I change the size of my chat box.

Why if my companion is behind me, her nameplate covers in front my character's nameplate.

These are a few things off the top of my head. As a new player, the UI is super annoying and has a lot of glitches. But it's not the worst ever by any stretch.

Edited by SilverangelXx

My companion's bar also keeps bumping into the middle of the screen for no apparent reason. Then when I click the edit panel, it ISN:T MOVEABLE like all the other windows and anything under the interface editor window it then hidden and is stuck there.

This has been a bug since the UI editor launched. In the original UI (before you could edit it) the companion bar/icon/circle/thingy would shift off the left of the screen when they were locked from being summoned (i.e., when in a group of 4 or more). What happens now is that for some reason it doesn't seem to shift left when the companion is locked out, but it does seem to shift right when they can be summoned again. So over time the icon will migrate across your screen towards the right. It can be annoying but as a workaround you can reselect your current UI (click the plus sign, then select the UI you are currently using) and it will reload the companion bar to where it's supposed to be.

Now when a window pops up and obscures the top of my chat box partially, I CAN:T use the window buttons at the bottom since it makes the chat box pop over the bottom of it instead, so it's non functional until I change the size of my chat box.

There are a lot of problems with how they handle overlapping UI windows and collision detection. Even if one window is behind another, many times it will think you're clicking on the one that's behind, and bring that to the front instead of interacting with the one you just clicked on. Another issue is that the visual space doesn't match the collision space on a window. So even if you're clicking on some portion of the window, that doesn't mean that it will register as a click on that window and bring it to the foreground, since the collision space could not start until a little farther into the window.

It'd be nice if they fixed these issues, since they've been around since pretty much they added the feature.

i have to say the ui when customized can be pretty nice and quick.

non customized its way to big etc, but taking a few minutes to adjust it and save a nice

setting isnt that long,one of the things i found they did nicely.

The tab target system though is horrible.

Edited by ODTONE

Seriously there is a lot to like about this game but how can you have an interface where you can't move all the items in it to where you like? Also, whats with all the interface bugs. Why can't I heal in a Warzone because my group mates health doesn't update? Little things like this are going to cost this game big time if they aren't fixed ASAP. They are almost inexcusable really.

I've seen much worse than this, hell I remember the original game interfaces, it was a flashing cursor, you typed in commands and the game told you what happened (but not much detail usually unless you typed "Look").

As for not being able to place everything exactly were you want it, well I feel for you (a bit) but I don't think that will change, best get used to it. But the not being able to heal because of data delays, now that is serious, raise the issue in the PVP forums, and keep raising it until they fix it.

The ONLY thing I don't like in this UI is that you can't move your inventory or character window to open a third then a fourth window.

Other than that, UI customization is amazing !

There's an option that lets you move windows around. It also lets you open as many windows as you'd like.