This is troubling news about valor...

ColdLogic

I'll double your exactly. PvP should be about skill, not gear. I want to test my skill against other players, not how much free time we both have to grind gear.

I actually want to call you on that.

The problem isn't with gear ... it *is* with time played.

You honestly think removing gear from the equation is going to level the playing field?

Well, think again.

... here is a mind cruncher for you to chew on then:

• How much chance do you think you would have against playing chess with the current World Champion?

You think he has an unfair advantage?

You think we should remove his brain to level the playing field for you?

... hopefully their implementation of the elo system for wz will aleviate the problem somewhat.

... separating the sheep from the wolfs if you will

... in wz anyway.

Obviously, you will still be eaten by the *time spenders* in ow pvp (if that ever gets implemented such that anyone will want to play it).

You honestly think that there won't emerge a group of players that will steam roll over the competition, even if you remove everything but *SKILL*?

How good are you at:

• math
  • english
  • tennis
  • running

• (insert here anything that anyone has ever wanted to compete in).

Knowing that most people are actually born with a knack for something, it isn't hard to imagine that in a game with 2.000.000 sold copies there will be *ALOT* where this "knack for something" will make them superior at the get go for *SKILL* based PvP.

You think it will be fun competing against them?

The only thing that will change is that there will be a different group of people that will come out on top.

You think you have the time to invest to become the #1 in the *new* world order?

P.S.

If you think using the World Champion in chess wasn't a good example then pick any game that involves some skill and imagine you and your friends competing against the current ranking world champions.

Think you have a 50/50 chance of winning?

Think again.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be like Bioware saying to the PvE community.

PvE progression should not exist... we are going to start dropping Rakata gear tokens in all flashpoints or allowing people to purchase top level gear with money so everyone can wear the best gear without effort or time invested in nightmare ops. (Basically what they did to PvP'ers with Valor)

Having an unfair gear advantage in PvE takes away the skill factor and makes it all about gear. Letting people buy rakata gear for money or from easy flashpoints should be considered so it's all about skill and no gear differences. No reward for clearing hard content, people who do lvl 50 flashpoints doing far less work should be able to attain the same gear as a coordinated ops group would.

+1

*Rushes for popcorn, waiting for the raiders to start complaining about the new PvP gear being better than Rakata gear*

Thats one thing I loved about Warhammer Online was the open world PvP, which the director of our PvP section who used to work there has basically killed out right.

+1

What exactly did he do over there? Not any PvP content by the looks of it.

They made different server types for the traditional MMO players who are worried about time put in not meaning anything. They are called RP-PVE.

After the trouncing suffered in my first 50 PVP match, I've faired better than average on skill once I learned what the gear does for people. You play that into your strategy and you can still have fun, and it feels extra good when you win against "grinders." Skilled BMs will have nothing to complain about in the new system. They will still have superior skill and strategy and should continue to do well.

The current system is akin to making Lebron James fabricate a million basketballs and weld 1000 rims before hes allowed to jump high or shoot inside the three point line, and I welcome a change to a system where "time = skill".