Quest: Stealing Thunder

• 2 weeks later...
The big isotope 5 droid? you need activate the two defense consoles on the ground floor and then activate some condoles on the top rafters. Kill adds, use heals.

I did this for over three hours yesterday, there has to be more to it.

I clicked on the two control panels below and went up top and clicked on all the panels upstairs, then went back down and clicked on the two downstairs again, clicked on all the panels upstairs again. The droid kept resetting back to full health after a while, meantime I kept doing that over and over and over and over....

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is there a certain order things need to be done in?

I did this for over three hours yesterday, there has to be more to it.

I clicked on the two control panels below and went up top and clicked on all the panels upstairs, then went back down and clicked on the two downstairs again, clicked on all the panels upstairs again. The droid kept resetting back to full health after a while, meantime I kept doing that over and over and over and over....

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is there a certain order things need to be done in?

You only need to activate two of the turrets up top to get the droid to take damage here. The two panels below are not required but they do help with the fight. Not sure why the droid resets though.

The droid becomes immune to damage at 3 health intervals so you will need to activate the two turret up top three times for the entire fight.

You should only go up top when the grate under the droid turns green and the droid goes "down" and becomes immune, run upstairs and click two, it dumps the lava on it, rinse and repeat; DPS the droid until it goes down, dont just let the turrets do the work

use your healer companion for healing.

stop short of panel, so that the area red beam is short of control panels, until droid red beam targets u and then race to panel and click on it both down stairs and upstairs.

on the upstairs control panel, pick the 2 opposite each other to release lava.

kill protection droids when they appear.

u have to reset the 2 panels downstairs to be able to use panel upstairs.

Edited by belhawk

I knew I never should of came back to this game, this is so frustating.

One of two things I can get to happen.

1. I click on both the control panels downstairs which starts the turrets. The droid then just sits down and does nothing. I then go upstairs and once I click on the second control panel, alarms start going off and the turrets stop and he resets to full health.

2. I click on both the control panels downstairs which starts the turrets. The droid then just sits down and does nothing. I found a spot where I can just stand and attack it without those red circles being able to target me. But the only problem with that is that once his health gets half way down it doesn't take any more damage.

I literaly stood there for fifteen minutes hitting it with everything I got and it wont go down in health.

So I don't know what to do, can I bypass this quest some how to continue the Makeb story line? For anyone that did get past this, what was the next area you went to? Maybe I can just go there to continue the Makeb quest line.

Edited by Blazer

what i did, i click on both panels on 1st level and then went to the panels directly above the 1st level panels. Alarms will sound and u Have to kill the protector droids that show up.

bring your healer, prototype is05 droid packs a good punch.

if u do it correctly, lava will fall on him. Then repeat until dead.

before each panel, stop a good distance, the diameter of his red ray attack. Once it highlights where u are, run to the panel and click on it.

I let the bunker's defense systems attack the big droid. I just ran around dodging the red rays, clicking on control panels, and killing the small protector droids that show up

• 4 weeks later...
You only need to activate two of the turrets up top to get the droid to take damage here. The two panels below are not required but they do help with the fight. Not sure why the droid resets though.

The droid becomes immune to damage at 3 health intervals so you will need to activate the two turret up top three times for the entire fight.

O.O I've done this 2 times now and both times, when the droid destroyes the turrets that are activated downstairs, the upstairs panels turn into unclickable until I've turned thhe downstairs ones on again.

This fight should be super easy. In the phases where you can't hurt him, you take practically no damage. Just keep healing yourself and walking around clicking every single console. Before you actually click anything, stand 15' away and wait for the red AoE to target you. Then run out of the AoE to click the console. Keep healing, running around, and clicking. You are missing the click parts during the "you don't take much damage" phase.

I basically did what the previous posters wrote: click both consoles downstairs, run around like a headless chicken, activate two upstairs consoles, run around like a headless chicken, kill repair droids, run around like a headless chicken. Kick Isotope-5 droid every now and then to keep it from health resetting, rund around like a headless chicken. Use healing companion.

Took me 4 tries but I eventually beat the bastard. ;)

• 1 month later...
Omg I tried this over and over again doing most of what you have already posted here and I still do not get the droid to die. I think this quest is bugged or you need at least a partner to help click on consoles to beat him.

Omg I tried this over and over again doing most of what you have already posted here and I still do not get the droid to die. I think this quest is bugged or you need at least a partner to help click on consoles to beat him.

I can assure you that you do not need a partner.

Found this 5 minute vid of someone killing it, sometimes explanations are less useful than a video

Fought for a good 20-30 minutes my first attempt, noticed the immune stage, tried the lasers upstairs to no avail, so i came and checked this thread out. First try doing it in the order explained, done! Thank you all that gave explanations, was very helpful to say the least.:D

• 9 months later...

Good tips by the previous posters. It took me almost a dozen tries to finally beat the mission.

I loathed this mission. It felt overly difficult, even with healer companion. The sudden difficulty spike is not challenging in a fun way. I was frustrated and it made me, as a player, stop caring about continuing the story. The mission feels better suited for a Flashpoint rather then a story mission. I'd rather Daily and Flashpoint grind my characters to level 55 then play the mission ever again.

Edited by VashBloodsong

• 3 months later...

Been at this quest for a long, long time now.

Level 55 dps assassin, most attempts with either Talos or Treek as healer-comps, but have tried other companions as well.

First bundle of attempts I missed out on hitting the big guy every now and then, just ran around like mad dodging red circles/killing smaller mobs - and blammo, at some point, three or four red circles all locking into an area around me that even force speed didn't get me out of.

After that, a bundsle of times where inbetween I did hit the big guy, even found his blindspot, so to say, but.... after a while, he just resets health to full again and whenever that reset hits, I'd get pummeled like a uhm.... freelance... eh... professional lady at a 1970's... uh... professional interest management person convention.

Watched a few tips on Youtube and other sources, tried to do whatever I saw in those vids for the next bundle of attempts, but.... well, I think the damned droid told me to "wear something pretty next time", which brings us to me posting this right here.

Yeah, I've kinda had it with that damned droid... if I had the funds to pay the real-world mob to put a hit on that b!!ch in-game and permanently take him out of commission, I would.

It also doesn't help that the few times (well, 4 times in all) where I asked if someone would team up for it, the answers ranged from "lol noob" to "gimme 5 million credits and I might hink about it".

I wanted to complete this piece of plot, even after a bunch of fails, but right now, I think I'm not going back to that damned mission.

• 3 months later...

This was very hard for me solo because the healing companion stops healing you and self, and keeps staring mesmerized at the droid. To get him to even notice you are hurting, you need to come close to him. WHich brings a red circle on the comp, and we all know comps avoid stepping out of the red circles. By whatever reason the comp (Quinn) also won't HtF after being hit. Neither he would heal my character reliably.

Basically, next time I go for it, I will put activate/deactivate companion on the key-bind, so it would for the sake of all that is holy move around with me at least, because I had to stop continuously to do this. Which means red circle was coming.

I mean, the first time it was sort of interesting, but doing so 3x during that battle is just excessive. I have 2 more Imperial characters, and I am not looking around to this travesty. :(

• 2 weeks later...
The quest is very glitchy. I have a brand new computer, and the game locks up on the panels or just jumping over debris. I know what to do. But a healer doesn't really help a sorceror and all my ranged attacks take time I don't have to fight the support droids. The droids are strong enough to kill Khem in the first round of lava. I hate that the game decided to be cute when this exact boss is one of the easiest for Republic characters.

• 2 weeks later...
i have cerebral palsy. it impairs my movements. i play with one healthy hand. i had to give up at lvl 55 with lvl 50 makeb purple mods. i did 33% dmg. then it gets crazy. i will come up back at lvl 60 with lvl 60 mods. if i can't progress to the shadow of revan expansion.because of this bastard droid, i really have to quit. i reached my physical limit after 2.5-3 years of playing solo and group content. the aoes are killing me. the satellite buff does crap with healing. my healer companion doesn't follow me and froze.