Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Bolster Changes in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Discussion Topic: Bolster Changes in PvP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Stellarcrusade
07.03.2017 , 12:43 PM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
I don't think you understand the psyche of dedicated pvper. Boredom is from lack of playable content or bad balance or FOTM. People don't get bored because they can't grind gear.
Player progression for pvpers is sharpening our skills and improving them against better players.
Exactly this. I certainly hope the designers do not think they need to give PvP this gear progression to keep us playing, when in reality this detracts from it. Myself, and many others I've talked to, will NOT PvP until full BiS. So here we are, with a veteran PvPer who would play a ton of warzones a week in 4.0 that has barely played in warzones since 5.0 launch because he is almost, but not quite to BiS. Instead warzones are filled with bumbling PvEers trying to gear up thus avoiding their progression. So rather than adding a gear progression for PvPers, you've given a shortcut for the PvEers progression.

But to Icykills point, PvPers do not gear progress, if bolster was set to 250 we'd be playing all our alts in there happily opening CXP crates for the cosmetic gear we get, but that's really all it is to us cosmetic. Real PvP is skill versus skill, not this clown song-and-dance we are expected to do before we can start the real game.

It should be 250.

Icykill_
07.03.2017 , 01:24 PM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
You do not understand, obviously. Try reading what someone posts before random response that is meaningless. Let me simplify it for you.
1.) Command System (this is new, we haven't had this since 2012).
2.) Because of Command System people who do not like pvp, will not like pvp, will only pvp for as long as they HAVE to to get gear are doing pvp. (Also, this is new, never had this in 2012). Prior to Command System, anyone who didn't want to PvP......didn't PvP.
3.) When those people are done gearing up, and most will still hate PvP, what do you think they will do? More pvp? No, of course not. So they are gone.
4.) While the system got rid of many veterans and the populations were temporarily inflated with people who hate pvp things may look good on populations reports, all of a sudden the pvp haters stop queueing...what happens to the queues and populations?
Let me add to that by saying "if" those pve guys are having fun in pvp they may learn to like it and continue playing once they are geared.
But they won't end up liking it if they are getting smashed due to a gear gap. Make pvp fun, it's a game, it's supposed to fun.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Icykill_
07.03.2017 , 01:27 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by QuiveringPotato View Post
not in pvp.
Agreed
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Stellarcrusade
07.03.2017 , 01:42 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Lahandra View Post
Then....even if by your assumption they will automatically hate pvp (which is a stretch, but sure, let's go with it)..... you still haven't figured in all the alts they need to gear..... So again, the process starts over. Either way, it means a bigger PVP population.
Yup, you can play with all the people standing in the corner waiting for the war to end while the real-pvpers are all playing a different game... Have fun with that, the more of those the better.

Lahandra
07.03.2017 , 02:24 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_strikes View Post
The last thing that helps PvP is having PvE players come in and be dead weight simply because "muh componants" or "muh conquest". They're so much worse than those who actually come in all new and give it their all. They're literally the worst.
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
Yup, you can play with all the people standing in the corner waiting for the war to end while the real-pvpers are all playing a different game... Have fun with that, the more of those the better.
I love this complaint.... it's quite hilarious...... Like we didn't have people standing idle in PVP before 5.0.....
..... Let me guess, your next excuse will be that it happens more now.....
Lahandra/Dramalda/Sirenthia/Xjhana
and 26 other toons not worth naming
Resurgent guild on Jedi Covenant

Evolixe
07.03.2017 , 02:26 PM | #506
I love this complaint.... it's quite hilarious...... Like we didn't have people standing idle in PVP before 5.0.....
Same argument, different reason. People do it for conquest and all that sort of ****.

The players that don't play PvP just for the PvP.. I can miss those like a toothache tbh.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

Lahandra
07.03.2017 , 02:28 PM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Same argument, different reason. People do it for conquest and all that sort of ****.

The players that don't play PvP just for the PvP.. I can miss those like a toothache tbh.
And anyone who's honest will admit it's no more a problem now than it was prior to the new gearing scheme..... Seems to me it's a very shallow complaint.
Lahandra/Dramalda/Sirenthia/Xjhana
and 26 other toons not worth naming
Resurgent guild on Jedi Covenant

MeNaCe-NZ
07.03.2017 , 02:29 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by SilverStarSeaker View Post
A very good point.
Simple - hypothetical patch notes:

*You can no longer carry non-subs into warzones.

They should be doing this anyway really.

MeNaCe-NZ
07.03.2017 , 02:32 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
You're not gonna get to display your skill if queues aren't popping. This is an MMORPG, people care about advancing their character.
Which is why removing gearing will lead to more pops as it did with 250 bolster.

People keep trying to argue it's because of extra CXP yet the feedback based on going back to threads at the time (especially after they nerfed it) shows many were not happy with the nerf and many said they would no longer bother Pvping even with the extra CXP.

There is NOTHING to suggest removing gearing as a carrot and adding a (decent) vanity system would drive numbers down, plenty to suggest it would drive them up (many in this thread have said they would start Pvping in such a system, very few have said they would stop).

Evolixe
07.03.2017 , 02:34 PM | #510
And anyone who's honest will admit it's no more a problem now than it was prior to the new gearing scheme..... Seems to me it's a very shallow complaint.
That's just because they added a whole bunch of crap rewards that people that arent really into PvP want to get.
That is the case now, and that was the case before 5.0 too.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server