Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Bolster Changes in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Discussion Topic: Bolster Changes in PvP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wwwcarlosat
06.29.2017 , 09:00 AM | #21
Gear is onw of the reson i nearly stoped pvping. i like tp play on many chars (30x lvl 70 with rank 100-300). Most of my alts geting tier2 out of boxes - bolster is 238 - so no reson to grind and no reson to play pvp. But my sucestion would be bolster vor regs 246-248 and for ranked maybe no bolster at all.

Going
06.29.2017 , 09:02 AM | #22
242-246 is optimal i think. Daily pvp players do not want 250....
Godlovesugly-Nothing Nowhere-Usabuildsufos-Going-Medsrus

Eli_Porter
06.29.2017 , 09:09 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
This should happen anyway. UC costs are double what they should be across the board.
I think the problem is more with T2 and T3 gear.

If Bolster is set at 242, PvP players have to spend their special currency to buy gear that's essentially useless to them, Twice. First for 236 and then for 242. Both would provide no progress for a week's worth of PvP.

This would be less of an issue if PvP gave enough CXP to get players the T2 and T3 bases, but even then the T2+T3 vendors just serve as a noob trap to steal player's UC's.

Janglor
06.29.2017 , 09:12 AM | #24
Bolster works fine right now. If you're going to make me spend hundreds of hours to gear one toon, that gear better be worth the work. All people wanting bolster raised are suffering from a giant case of Mad Cuz Bad.
STOP RESISTING
Janglor
Bo'Jangles
Diabeetus

DeeMoneyBig
06.29.2017 , 09:16 AM | #25
242 - that still leaves a little room for improvement, but makes stepping into an arena as a noobie a little more reasonable.

The real issue is class balance though - looks like you are addressing that as we speak.

Angel - <Resurgum>

Eshvara
06.29.2017 , 09:16 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Janglor View Post
Bolster works fine right now. If you're going to make me spend hundreds of hours to gear one toon, that gear better be worth the work. All people wanting bolster raised are suffering from a giant case of Mad Cuz Bad.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Givemedanger
06.29.2017 , 09:19 AM | #28
It's good the way it is. Gear should matter like in any MMO.

I'm full 248 for a long time and i have not much reason to play other than to do PVP dailies. I am gearing an alt just to do something with the components.

I'm waiting for the new tier. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

kissingaiur
06.29.2017 , 09:22 AM | #29
Two things to consider here:

Gear progression and actual stat progression.

In 5.0 the time it takes to actually reach the point where you were increasing stats to min/max has increase by like 400%. Yes, you get bolstered to T3 or whatever but that doesn't matter for someone who has to grind three tiers of gear to actually progress in stats to become min/maxed. Before this progression consisted of players grinding from t1 to t2. Just think of the work we have to do now that we have to grind out so many levels before we can actual get the gear we won't.

PvP has always been a skill progression system with an underlining theme of needing to get some gear to be competitive. That's why I don't agree with just increasing the bolster again. Yes, it helps players to get slightly more competitive but these players still have to grind out 4 tiers of gear to actually stat progress.

As a competitive person, all I ask is for new players to be on the same playing field. I think everyone should just be bolstered to t4 period (to make stat progression irrelevant in PvP) or keep it the way it is and cut gear progression by half (remove 2 tiers).

Thanks.

TheMadProphet
06.29.2017 , 09:25 AM | #30
Boster is fine IMHO. keep it 238. I would like to see an increse in 248 drops once you reach rank 300. I don't have any boster related problems TBH and I dont think it would be wise to spend energy and time tring to fix something that IMO is not broken. I would apreciate more if you change the price of extracting the gold armorings, mods and enhancements than the increase of boster.