Wondering who's getting in when? CHECK HERE.

Aurinax

I assure you I've been paying MUCH closer attention than you have, (my second job pays me to be on twitter all day, while I do nothing with my tutoring job) and I assure you, all of the invites have been either 1h or 1h15m EVERY TIME.

Mine too ;) but I'm just saying, you posted that not even 5 minutes afterwards saying it wasn't happening.

Yesterday there was one that was almost 30 minutes late though.

As the guy above said, server issues are being reported so they're probably delaying this one for a little while.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ATTN: Got some news for those that may not know about it...

the wife has looked up some info, says she found some posts where apparently servers were having some issues...

Expect wave times to be farther appart until those server issues are resolved...I have to agree with her that mayhaps we havn't seen the second wave because of these "issues".

thats why they shouldve had more servers to begin with. People are massing to a few selected servers, they should have limited the servers and amount of characters to the waves they released until official launch.

ATTN: Got some news for those that may not know about it...

the wife has looked up some info, says she found some posts where apparently servers were having some issues...

Expect wave times to be farther appart until those server issues are resolved...I have to agree with her that mayhaps we havn't seen the second wave because of these "issues".

Always a smart choice to listen to the wife, even when she's wrong... Which is never mind you.

I don't think anyone here was alive for the Russian uprising of December, 1825. And it's "Decembrist". :cool:

...LOL where did you get "russian" from? LOL

Anyways,

Apparently there is a ton of Database error going on, so either the forums are over flooded or the system in general is over flooded, or this is part of those "issues" they are having!

Hopefully we'll see wave 2 soon and the issues don't turn out to be major ones!

Mine too ;) but I'm just saying, you posted that not even 5 minutes afterwards saying it wasn't happening.

Yesterday there was one that was almost 30 minutes late though.

As the guy above said, server issues are being reported so they're probably delaying this one for a little while.

No there were not, the LATEST was 15 minutes, as I said.

I guess the invites for today are over :mad: we will have to come back tomorrow.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=26745

"Hello again all -

We're finished with invite waves for today. The servers are filling up, player populations are growing, and we're monitoring the influx of players carefully. More servers will be opened up as we need them.

We're expecting queues, and at peak times you should be too. That's normal for a large-scale MMO launch, as the initial rush of players hit the servers at the same time. If you don't want to queue to play, it's best to try and login at non-peak hours - or possibly play on a different server. We understand the frustration that queuing can cause, and we're working to minimize, but a certain amount of queuing is to be expected during Early Game Access and launch.

Looking forward to tomorrow, I wanted to try and explain the invite 'pattern' you've seen this week. It can be confusing, because we've been inviting a growing number of people on a daily basis, but the timing of people's code redemptions might not seem to match.

It goes back to our pre-order redemption numbers. Our graph of redeemed pre-order codes looks like two mountains with a flat plain in-between, basically. There's a massive peak from back in July (when we announced pre-orders) and a smaller, but growing peak at the end (recently). In the middle, there was a long period where the numbers of people redeeming pre-order codes were steady, but lower.

Now, we've been inviting large numbers of people every day, with more being invited day-on-day. What that has meant is, because of the pattern of pre-order codes being redeemed, on Day One of Early Game Access, we invited a lot of people who had redeemed over a short span of time (late July). Yesterday and today, we invited a lot of people but over a larger span of time (all the way to early December).

The question I know a lot of you have is, why haven't we yet invited those who redeemed very recently? The answer is because of the volume of recent pre-orders that have been redeemed, which is spiking up very high. So, a lot of people have redeemed in a short period of time. Essentially we're in the same place we were on the 13th, where we invited a lot of people, but most had redeemed in the same short period of time.

TL;DR - We've seen a LOT of pre-orders redeemed in the last couple of weeks, and that means that even though we're really close (in date terms) to getting everyone in, we couldn't quite do it today.

Tomorrow's invite waves start at 8AM CST, and I'll start another thread then to track progress."

I just read this

"General Discussion -> Email invite wave updates - December 16 (Friday) 12.16.2011 12:03 AM

Hello again all -

We're finished with invite waves for today. The servers are filling up, player populations are growing, and we're monitoring the influx of players carefully. More servers will be opened up as we need them."

!?

I guess the invites for today are over :mad: we will have to come back tomorrow.

"Hello again all -

We're finished with invite waves for today. The servers are filling up, player populations are growing, and we're monitoring the influx of players carefully. More servers will be opened up as we need them.

We're expecting queues, and at peak times you should be too. That's normal for a large-scale MMO launch, as the initial rush of players hit the servers at the same time. If you don't want to queue to play, it's best to try and login at non-peak hours - or possibly play on a different server. We understand the frustration that queuing can cause, and we're working to minimize, but a certain amount of queuing is to be expected during Early Game Access and launch.

Looking forward to tomorrow, I wanted to try and explain the invite 'pattern' you've seen this week. It can be confusing, because we've been inviting a growing number of people on a daily basis, but the timing of people's code redemptions might not seem to match.

It goes back to our pre-order redemption numbers. Our graph of redeemed pre-order codes looks like two mountains with a flat plain in-between, basically. There's a massive peak from back in July (when we announced pre-orders) and a smaller, but growing peak at the end (recently). In the middle, there was a long period where the numbers of people redeeming pre-order codes were steady, but lower.

Now, we've been inviting large numbers of people every day, with more being invited day-on-day. What that has meant is, because of the pattern of pre-order codes being redeemed, on Day One of Early Game Access, we invited a lot of people who had redeemed over a short span of time (late July). Yesterday and today, we invited a lot of people but over a larger span of time (all the way to early December).

The question I know a lot of you have is, why haven't we yet invited those who redeemed very recently? The answer is because of the volume of recent pre-orders that have been redeemed, which is spiking up very high. So, a lot of people have redeemed in a short period of time. Essentially we're in the same place we were on the 13th, where we invited a lot of people, but most had redeemed in the same short period of time.

TL;DR - We've seen a LOT of pre-orders redeemed in the last couple of weeks, and that means that even though we're really close (in date terms) to getting everyone in, we couldn't quite do it today.

Tomorrow's invite waves start at 8AM CST, and I'll start another thread then to track progress."

That was posted yesterday, sir.

"Hello again all -

"

This is yesterday's closing post. He just forgot to delete it when he started today's thread. Don't worry.

An update from Bioware would be nice right about now...

They know that just about everyone who has no gotten in yet is sitting here like a kid

the day before christmas, staring at the chimney.

A "we're ironing out some server issues at the moment, we'll get the second wave out

as soon as we can", would suffice.

"Hello again all -

This is from yesterday

*Unnecessary Stephen Reid quote from yesterday*

That is yesterday's thread. They are absolutely not done with invites yet today. Please edit that post immediately to remove it all before a LOT of people get pissed off unnecessarily.

EDIT: Too late

Edited by Aurinax

"Hello again all -

... ROFL ... hey bud read the date on top that's from Dec 15th ..... and has a link on the page for todays....

"Hello again all -

That was posted at 12:03 am in regards to yesterdays waves

An update from Bioware would be nice right about now...

They know that just about everyone who has no gotten in yet is sitting here like a kid

the day before christmas, staring at the chimney.

A "we're ironing out some server issues at the moment, we'll get the second wave out

as soon as we can", would suffice.

From what I've gathered how they have handled everything to this point, we will receive NO official communication from BioWare EVER in the history of the game.

...LOL where did you get "russian" from? LOL

Anyways,

Apparently there is a ton of Database error going on, so either the forums are over flooded or the system in general is over flooded, or this is part of those "issues" they are having!

Hopefully we'll see wave 2 soon and the issues don't turn out to be major ones!

A "Decembrist" is someone who participated in the Decembrist Revolt, an effort to overthrow the Russian emperor Nicholas I on December 26th, 1825. :cool:

If you start your luancher at this moment, you will notice a "there is currently no active subscirption" message and a grayed out play button....

The sound you hear...that is the sound of EPIC FAILURE lol

EA is going to soon have to make a third faction...

Empire

Republic

Decemberist

lol

UNITE! lol

*bumpity bump bump*