If your #1 goal is to master one ship and fully upgrade it as fast as possible

Galtin

Is it worth the time to play any of the other ships even when they give 2X bonus fleet requisition?

Lets says I want to upgrade my scout to the max over any other ship. Average match lasts anywhere from 10-15 minutes. Lets say best case scenario when I'm at 2X bonus on my other ships I get 1000 ship req per match which equates to 100 fleet req. Rough estimate is it would take 2 matches per ship to use up the 2X bonus so that would take about an hour. In that one hour I would get roughly 400 fleet req which I could later spend on my scout.

If however I played my scout without the 2X bonus for that one hour, I could probably get at least 2000 ship req.

It seems to me if you want to get all the upgrades for one ship ASAP, you shouldn't bother playing any matches with the other ships. Anyone else come to the same conclusion or am I missing something?

If you are not using Cartel Coins, then yes, you are always better off sticking with the ship you want to master.

If you are planning to use coins, then you are better off taking the double reqs and converting them. Heck, if you are made of money, you are better off buying/unlocking all seven ships as well, since the daily and weekly award you reqs per ship. Then you can covert all of them to fleet requisitions and unlock things super fast.

Either way you end up at the same point, it's just matter of how long it takes you to get there and how much money you pay to do it.

If you are not using Cartel Coins, then yes, you are always better off sticking with the ship you want to master.

If you are planning to use coins, then you are better off taking the double reqs and converting them. Heck, if you are made of money, you are better off buying/unlocking all seven ships as well, since the daily and weekly award you reqs per ship. Then you can covert all of them to fleet requisitions and unlock things super fast.

Either way you end up at the same point, it's just matter of how long it takes you to get there and how much money you pay to do it.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. My guildmates who are playing GSF a lot are insistent on playing every ship until the 2X bonus runs out and then focusing on their main. Perhaps they plan to do as you mentioned and use cartel coins to convert ship req to fleet. I don't ever buy cartel coins but I am a subscriber so may go that route once a month when I get my subscriber bonus.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. My guildmates who are playing GSF a lot are insistent on playing every ship until the 2X bonus runs out and then focusing on their main. Perhaps they plan to do as you mentioned and use cartel coins to convert ship req to fleet. I don't ever buy cartel coins but I am a subscriber so may go that route once a month when I get my subscriber bonus.
Sounds like your guildmates are looking to establish a variety of options while leveling so everyone gets a full feel for all classes, and ultimately which class they would like to focus on playing. Then once maxed, they can focus on perfecting their technique with that class and explore more min/maxing.

I'll probably get craphammered for this, but ... classes in GSF when played in true coordinated team/squadron fashion, are quite role heavy. Myriad loadout variations add role complexity as well. If your guild has squadron leaders, I'm guessing they are having a blast playing chess with this.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Sounds like your guildmates are looking to establish a variety of options while leveling so everyone gets a full feel for all classes, and ultimately which class they would like to focus on playing. Then once maxed, they can focus on perfecting their technique with that class and explore more min/maxing.

I'll probably get craphammered for this, but ... classes in GSF when played in true coordinated team/squadron fashion, are quite role heavy. Myriad loadout variations add role complexity as well. If your guild has squadron leaders, I'm guessing they are having a blast playing chess with this.

I agree with you, actually. I was answering the question in the topic, meaning if all you care about is mastering a ship then what's the point. In that case, the answer is it's not worth playing the other ships unless you plan to use cartel coins.

However, as you point out, it is worth having multiple ships available for any given math. Personally, I play primarily with my "main", but occasionally switch to one of the other ships if there is a need to.

So I have my main, which is a heavy fighting scout I use primarily for hunting gunships, but also for dogfighting. It's the one I enjoy most. However, I also have a scout set for maximum speed, thrust and evasion that I use for speed capping objectives. Usually only at the beginning of the match, but occasionally in the middle as well if there is a need. Then finally, I have one striker I use when I need more firepower and survivability in case I need to help clear satellites.

On the other two, which I pretty much never play (gunship and default strike) I just use the daily/weekly rewards to slowly unlock options on the theory that I might, someday, decide to play them.

"So I have my main, which is a heavy fighting scout I use primarily for hunting gunships, but also for dogfighting. It's the one I enjoy most. However, I also have a scout set for maximum speed, thrust and evasion that I use for speed capping objectives. Usually only at the beginning of the match, but occasionally in the middle as well if there is a need. Then finally, I have one striker I use when I need more firepower and survivability in case I need to help clear satellites."

you can switch ships in the middle of a battle?

you can switch ships in the middle of a battle?

Yes. Anytime you die you go back to the 'select your ship' readiness screen. You can change your ship there. I often start as a scout to help capture objectives, then fall back to my gunship to lay down supporting fire. You'll earn requisition for each ship depending on the actions that ship performed during the battle.

I also like to fly that way. I did spend a few CC to purchase the 2 Fleet Requisition ships at the start, but did not spend any more after that. I like to experience the different "roles" and at the same time learn their tactics, what theyre capable of and how to counter them.

Know thy enemy! :)

This is the WAY TO GO! Running all available ships (buying more ships gives you more daily 2x bonuses, plus bonus reqs from the weekly and daily mission rewards.....

Convert those to fleet (1 CC per 25 Reqs.) and you've got a ton of req. points to use on your favorite ship.....sure it costs a few coins.....but just flying the one ship will take MUCH longer......

I'll just ask here... is there any advantage to mastering a ship? Other than having all the bonuses obviously. Do you get permanent requisition gain increase or something along those lines? Or just the satisfaction of having done it?

You get (I believe) a 10% requisition bonus when flying a mastered ship. Not sure if there are other bonuses.

I would play each ship daily to get all the double requisition done. Then focus on your main ship. Because once you unlock all you want to unlock with fleet requisition, you can still use it to unlock items for your main ship. So it makes little sense to not cash in on the bonus requisition when it ultimately makes leveling up your main ship that much faster and easier.

I also like to fly that way. I did spend a few CC to purchase the 2 Fleet Requisition ships at the start, but did not spend any more after that. I like to experience the different "roles" and at the same time learn their tactics, what theyre capable of and how to counter them.

Know thy enemy! :)

I did the same thing, I wanted to see which ship suited my playstyle more - turned out it was the Sting. Now I'm focusing on upgrading it as much as possible. And since I only recently discovered the daily and weekly quests like the doofus that I am I can actually begin upgrading my ships faster now :o

Edited by archifikoss