Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jonoku
06.23.2012 , 04:44 AM | #5031
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesMon View Post
Will you give us more than one predetermined server to transfer from?

I don't know how everyone else in the community feels about having only one predetermined server to transfer from, but I feel it definitely isn't enough. I understand that you all want to make sure a server isn't over populated, cut down on possible wait times, and a number of other issues. This is a good thing...dont get me wrong. However, can we get more than one predetermined transfer option. I am currently on the pve west coast server Veeboo Lunx and the predetermined server is pve Drooga's Pleasure Barge another west coast server. Can I get a predetermined east coast pve server to transfer to? This would still allow you to control the server balance while giving us, the players, another option.
I rather not they give a second one, personally I would rather people be limited to only picking the alive servers right now. Basically this means people aren't allow to transfer to any of the dead servers but rather the live ones. We don't want people seperating to different servers all over again. If you want freedom to transfer this is the best that people should get, transfer to alive ones but not the dead servers.

MariaD
06.23.2012 , 05:28 AM | #5032
Quote: Originally Posted by Senaini View Post
90% of the people who speak up in fleet while you happen to be reading during a certain time frame are happy. Which means nothing, as the silent majority has not been counted.
This is important to understand for anyone looking at numbers. They don't translate into general population distribution without different means of sampling (than those I used).

However, the observations I collected do have meaning. They are a good sample of reasons people who volunteer their opinions provide about liking and disliking transfers. It's a piece of qualitative data.

Oh, I wish BW released their data sets! Won't THAT be interesting to analyze?

APhantasm
06.23.2012 , 06:10 AM | #5033
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
I rather not they give a second one, personally I would rather people be limited to only picking the alive servers right now. Basically this means people aren't allow to transfer to any of the dead servers but rather the live ones. We don't want people seperating to different servers all over again. If you want freedom to transfer this is the best that people should get, transfer to alive ones but not the dead servers.
While its good for making sure people transfer to active servers, instead of dead servers. They still should have had multiple destinations for one origin. You see I had rolled on 3 different servers (as the previous one died). I had a grand total of 15 toons on those 3 servers (Perlenian, Zhar, and Zakkeg). All 3 servers were selected to go to Drooga. That means I had 7 toons that could not be transfered and were ultimately deleted as a result, as I didn't want to leave them on a dead server. If BW had opened multiple destination servers for every one origin it would have fixed my problem. I could have transferred the ones on Zakkeg to a different server and not had to delete any.

Jaavik
06.23.2012 , 07:28 AM | #5034
Quote: Originally Posted by APhantasm View Post
While its good for making sure people transfer to active servers, instead of dead servers. They still should have had multiple destinations for one origin. You see I had rolled on 3 different servers (as the previous one died). I had a grand total of 15 toons on those 3 servers (Perlenian, Zhar, and Zakkeg). All 3 servers were selected to go to Drooga. That means I had 7 toons that could not be transfered and were ultimately deleted as a result, as I didn't want to leave them on a dead server. If BW had opened multiple destination servers for every one origin it would have fixed my problem. I could have transferred the ones on Zakkeg to a different server and not had to delete any.
I don't think you needed to "delete" them. It wasn't required for you to transfer ANY of them, and you could have just transferred the ones you wanted and leave the others behind until either transfers are made available to OTHER servers or the amount of character slots are increased (which is in the works), then you could have brought more over.
JAAVIK
The Darkholde Legacy - Prophecy of the Five server

Join "The Art of Warfare" Gaming Community
The Republic of TAW and The Empire of TAW

Jonoku
06.23.2012 , 07:44 AM | #5035
Quote: Originally Posted by APhantasm View Post
Personally I wouldn't use the word multiple destinations, I would just say, people get their choice depending if its a alive server. So those extra 7 toons can go to your choice of a server.

Praxeum
06.23.2012 , 04:38 PM | #5036
Thanks for killing Shadow Hand... I've queued in pvp most of the week, 50 and the lower levels... absolute nada. Good news is that I have the Republic space station all to myself! Thanks! And it is still having the Server Admin Messages every 15 mins. There are 2 players currently on Tatooine, mid-late afternoon on a weekend. C'mon rethink that server.
CE VIP - 7/21/11 1:33 AM
I was there 12/4/11 11:59 PM CST - Boots n' Belts

danpen
06.24.2012 , 04:51 AM | #5037
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxeum View Post
Thanks for killing Shadow Hand... I've queued in pvp most of the week, 50 and the lower levels... absolute nada. Good news is that I have the Republic space station all to myself! Thanks! And it is still having the Server Admin Messages every 15 mins. There are 2 players currently on Tatooine, mid-late afternoon on a weekend. C'mon rethink that server.
That is good then i think.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

APhantasm
06.24.2012 , 12:54 PM | #5038
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaavik View Post
I don't think you needed to "delete" them. It wasn't required for you to transfer ANY of them, and you could have just transferred the ones you wanted and leave the others behind until either transfers are made available to OTHER servers or the amount of character slots are increased (which is in the works), then you could have brought more over.
What else would I do with them. I can't afford paid transfer at this time, and rumor has it that is the next stage of transfers is paid. So they would remain on a dead server, might as well just delete them.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Personally I wouldn't use the word multiple destinations, I would just say, people get their choice depending if its a alive server. So those extra 7 toons can go to your choice of a server.
No offense but how is that different than what I said. Opening multiple destinations would give people the choice of which server to go to.

Grundoon
06.24.2012 , 01:45 PM | #5039
This character transfer seems to have turned Ajunta Pall into a ghost town! the Galactic Trading is empty, there are only 1 or two players on each planet. Even the fleet is empty!

APhantasm
06.24.2012 , 01:55 PM | #5040
Quote: Originally Posted by Grundoon View Post
This character transfer seems to have turned Ajunta Pall into a ghost town! the Galactic Trading is empty, there are only 1 or two players on each planet. Even the fleet is empty!
Ajunta Pall was probably an Origin server. Of course the origin servers are likely to be ghost towns now.