Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Galactic Alliance vs Phantom Hegemony

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Galactic Alliance vs Phantom Hegemony

Silenceo
10.06.2014 , 12:43 PM | #11
Some vague star fighter numbers for the GA

Dreadnaughts: 156

Nebula's: 420

Chimera: 72

Total: 648

I hope Karadron brings forth something to help counter enemy star fighters, or at least the Hyenas, because numbers wise and quality wise he is outgunned.

Though, the Tie Phantom could do quite a bit of damage with the tactics of their commanders being what they are. Perhaps they could be crucial here...
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Aurbere
10.06.2014 , 01:06 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Some vague star fighter numbers for the GA

Dreadnaughts: 156

Nebula's: 420

Chimera: 72

Total: 648

I hope Karadron brings forth something to help counter enemy star fighters, or at least the Hyenas, because numbers wise and quality wise he is outgunned.

Though, the Tie Phantom could do quite a bit of damage with the tactics of their commanders being what they are. Perhaps they could be crucial here...
This is what I found as well.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
10.06.2014 , 01:17 PM | #13
So I would like to advise Beni and Karadron start with opening arguments/faction breakdowns. Give us an idea of what you think your faction will do and how it will deal with the enemy.

In addition here are some space topics to consider:

1. General Grievous vs. Gilad Pellaeon/Garm Bel Iblis (Whoever is in space). Who is the superior tactician and what impact will that have on the battle?
2. Tactics both sides will use.
3. Jaina Solo in a starfighter.
4. Impact of the Malevolence
5. Assassinating Naval Commanders
6. Boarding Parties
7. Ship-to-Ship Comparisons
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
10.06.2014 , 01:32 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Who is the superior tactician?
That is the single most ridiculous question I've ever heard you ask.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Celéna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling
10.06.2014 , 01:41 PM | #15
I'd hold on my space write up for now, but I will dispute this notion that Grievous is somehow an inferior tactician. I certainly wholeheartedly reject the notion that Grievous somehow "sucked" - this is plainly non-canonical.

Instead lets look at the facts:

...Their military assets formed a droid army of seemingly limitless size -- a weapon that needed a military mastermind to be wielded effectively.

From within the ranks of the Confederacy came General Grievous, a brilliant strategist unhindered by compassion or scruples. His lightning strikes and effective campaigns caused his reputation to grow in the eyes of a frightened Republic. To many, he eclipsed the threat posed by Count Dooku, the charismatic leader of the Confederacy's political battlefields -- Grievous was the face of the enemy.

Before rebuilt as a cyborg warrior, General Grievous was one of the greatest military masterminds the Kaleesh people had seen.

Following that bloody debut, scattered reports along the HoloNet told of numerous successes in the Office of the General's campaigns against the Republic. Grievous led a stab into the Republic's inner systems along the Corellian Trade Spine, conquering world after world. When Duro fell to a concentrated Confederacy attack, the insulated Core Worlds trembled in fear of what the General was able to achieve.

--Taken from the Databank (archived)

Grievous is a military genius, and crushed the Republic time and time again. Let's not be swayed into thinking the General Grievous, the highest ranking military leader in the CIS, was incompetent due to his portrayal in the TCW show.

In regards to the competition, though I don't doubt the abilities of the opposition, when the Clone Wars began Pellaeon was a mere Captain while Grievous was cracking skulls as the Supreme Commander of the Droid Army. He may have turned into an excellent strategist after years of experience and hard work, but Grievous was brilliant from the start.

Aurbere
10.06.2014 , 01:44 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
That is the single most ridiculous question I've ever heard you ask.
Is it? I think there can be a debate to be had there.

Beniboybling
10.06.2014 , 01:45 PM | #17
Is it? I think there can be a debate to be had there.
I'd argue Grievous is superior, and that post-ROTJ tacticians are overhyped.

Aurbere
10.06.2014 , 01:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I'd argue Grievous is superior, and that post-ROTJ tacticians are overhyped.
Most post-ROTJ tacticians, right? Right?

Beniboybling
10.06.2014 , 01:56 PM | #19
Most post-ROTJ tacticians, right? Right?
Well, Thrawn does take the ticket.

No, but really, I I do believe that the likes of Pelleaon, Nek, Wedge etc. are massively overhyped. Clearly these tacticians have skills yes but they one battles, not wars, they are pieces of a whole. I don't put them up there with the real era heavyweights i.e. Grievous, Revan, Thrawn, Ackbar. The kinds of tacticians who masterminded galactic scale conflicts, and single-handedly turn the tides, the sort of tacticians whose very mention left their opponents cowering in fear.

Well, Imperials don't cower, but you get the idea

Aurbere
10.06.2014 , 02:00 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well, Thrawn does take the ticket.

No, but really, I I do believe that the likes of Pelleaon, Nek, Wedge etc. are massively overhyped. Clearly these tacticians have skills yes but they one battles, not wars, they are pieces of a whole. I don't put them up there with the real era heavyweights i.e. Grievous, Revan, Thrawn, Ackbar. The kinds of tacticians who masterminded galactic scale conflicts, and single-handedly turn the tides, the sort of tacticians whose very mention left their opponents cowering in fear.

Well, Imperials don't cower, but you get the idea
I get it, certainly I do. I've felt similarly.