How to fix ranked and world PVP

HaoZhao

Ranked only pops by appointment because it is dominated by toxic babies who absolutely lose their minds every single time they lose a round for any reason. The solution is to make it against the rules to say anything remotely rude in ranked PVP. Add a special report button for ranked PVP where you can report someone being toxic. It won't take long for everyone to clean up their acts once they start having their ratings reset. With ranked PVP finally being welcoming to normal people, ELO might actually start working. There might be enough people in the queue so that no/low ranking people only fight each other and high ranking people only fight each other. Better ranked PVP for everyone. With a larger ranked community, we might even be able to talk about bringing back ranked 8 vs. 8 warzones.

World PVP has been constantly tried and it constantly fails because the developers don't understand the basic mindset of 99% of the player base. Almost everyone will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance. These are the same people who queue for Flashpoints and attempt to skip every single mob possible. If you put a button into the game that automatically gave you all items and finished all quests, most people would push that button even though it would ruin the game for them. If world PVP is to happen, it needs to be a mandatory challenge and not an option. Look at the world PVP quest during the Gree event. This has worked well for years. It works exactly as intended because it is not optional. If you want to complete the quest, you have to PVP. Iokath world PVP had a lot of effort put into it and it immediately failed because you gave people an option to just ignore it. In the future, world PVP quests need to be added and they should only be able to be done on a PVP instance.

Thanks.

Almost everyone will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance. These are the same people who queue for Flashpoints and attempt to skip every single mob possible. If you put a button into the game that automatically gave you all items and finished all quests, most people would push that button even though it would ruin the game for them. If world PVP is to happen, it needs to be a mandatory challenge and not an option.

I agree with you, when you say, people will take the path of least resistance. But it is bold to assume, if you force players to do open world pvp, they will just do it. I think, 99% of players will again take the path of least resistance,... and log out.

Just give up on this topic. The game is almost 10 years old. Every few months people come up with ideas, how to revive open world pvp. SWTOR has no pvp community. Not existing. 99% of the player base just don't care, and if you force them, they are gone.

We have forced PvP missions in the game. Like... how many people recruit Major Pierce or M1-4X? More than once and not only for the achiviements?

Ranked only pops by appointment because it is dominated by toxic babies who absolutely lose their minds every single time they lose a round for any reason. The solution is to make it against the rules to say anything remotely rude in ranked PVP. Add a special report button for ranked PVP where you can report someone being toxic. It won't take long for everyone to clean up their acts once they start having their ratings reset. With ranked PVP finally being welcoming to normal people, ELO might actually start working. There might be enough people in the queue so that no/low ranking people only fight each other and high ranking people only fight each other. Better ranked PVP for everyone. With a larger ranked community, we might even be able to talk about bringing back ranked 8 vs. 8 warzones.

World PVP has been constantly tried and it constantly fails because the developers don't understand the basic mindset of 99% of the player base. Almost everyone will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance. These are the same people who queue for Flashpoints and attempt to skip every single mob possible. If you put a button into the game that automatically gave you all items and finished all quests, most people would push that button even though it would ruin the game for them. If world PVP is to happen, it needs to be a mandatory challenge and not an option. Look at the world PVP quest during the Gree event. This has worked well for years. It works exactly as intended because it is not optional. If you want to complete the quest, you have to PVP. Iokath world PVP had a lot of effort put into it and it immediately failed because you gave people an option to just ignore it. In the future, world PVP quests need to be added and they should only be able to be done on a PVP instance.

Thanks.

There is no " fix " for ranked as long as players are rated the way they are now, based on elo gain and loss....

This current ranking system just breeds toxicity because players lose rating and they get mad, especially if they lose multiple games in a row. It's unlikely that bioware will do anything about it and you just have to live with what you got .

As for toxicity, in PvP it's normal to some a degree and it will never be eradicated. Even regs is toxic sometimes, but much more less than ranked .

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Ranked being toxic and full of babies is why I quit playing it for a few years already .

You just can't make a mistake or have time to improve or try different gear etc , you will get flamed and harassed with no end . It's just not worth it .

World PVP done right is what I always wanted in this game , the only proper time I had any was back in 2012 pvp on illum . i still have a video saved up where there are around 30 vs 30 fighting it was freaking fun . ( You were even getting valor by killing enemies . )

At least what they can do is a single planet , where it's always pvp mode , you kill daily/weekly certain amount of people you get points ,quests that require going in enemy territory you get points etc , with those you buy rare armor/stuff etc. Most basic stuff for pvp. 10 years and it's still not here .

The only fun I can have about pvp is in a lowbie tier. I wish we had 42 lvl ranked mode with characters freezed at level that would be fun , but I guess it's gonna get crowded real soon with same babies that are in ranked .

Ranked only pops by appointment because it is dominated by toxic babies who absolutely lose their minds every single time they lose a round for any reason. The solution is to make it against the rules to say anything remotely rude in ranked PVP.

So essentially you just want FFXIV's take on pvp and completely remove the chat box from ranked matches lol.

If world PVP is to happen, it needs to be a mandatory challenge and not an option. Look at the world PVP quest during the Gree event. This has worked well for years.

Did it? Because I was on a pvp server and I went out of my way to pvp in the world during these events and people still rocked pve gear....on a pvp server......and still lost their damn minds when you attacked them. Good luck pushing that now a days with pvp servers not even existing anymore.

I'm new to the game just subbed but im looking for a solid pvp community for instance pvp and WORLD PVP ! World pvp being my favorite **** of coursee!!! PLEASE ADD ME ON STARFORGE D'køta how to do the o is alt 0248 and please holler at me LF a solid pvp guild I also RP but I love my pvp and just looking for friends to join up with and pvp I have discord as well! :D LMK AND HMU anyone!!?!

World PVP needs raids. Maybe a limited time event to capture Mos Eisley. If Republic players can capture a number of points and hold them for a duration their faction gets points. Participating players get event currency.... just a thought.

I know the biggest problem with something like that is server lag.. maybe limit the number of participants? create more instances or spread the event out over several planets.

Edited by chosonman

Just give up on this topic. The game is almost 10 years old. Every few months people come up with ideas, how to revive open world pvp. SWTOR has no pvp community. Not existing. 99% of the player base just don't care, and if you force them, they are gone.

The pvp community is not dead. On the contrary, its very active if you know where to look. There's content creators posting pvp content on twitch and youtube. Unranked pvp pops constantly 24/7 on every server with a maximum 5-10 minute que time. There's probably hundreds of pvp discords out there.

Combining all the instances into one pvp instance would add a substantial amount of player interaction into worlds that are otherwise completely devoid of this feature. More player interaction means more player choice, more unpredictability, and more excitement in general.

Edited by Llacertus

The pvp community is not dead. On the contrary, its very active if you know where to look. There's content creators posting pvp content on twitch and youtube. Unranked pvp pops constantly 24/7 on every server with a maximum 5-10 minute que time. There's probably hundreds of pvp discords out there.

Combining all the instances into one pvp instance would add a substantial amount of player interaction into worlds that are otherwise completely devoid of this feature. More player interaction means more player choice, more unpredictability, and more excitement in general.

Please post some links to discord pvp and/or guilds on Star Forge. I have been trying to find pvp guilds since returning 2 months ago.

Please post some links to discord pvp and/or guilds on Star Forge. I have been trying to find pvp guilds since returning 2 months ago.

Sorry, I don't play much on star forge. If you're looking for a pvp guild, I'd suggest going in a warzone and seeing who the big names are. I believe Kymeri's guild does pvp, but not exclusively.

The pvp community is not dead. On the contrary, its very active if you know where to look.

agreed.

They should create 1 pvp server where the only missions available would be PVP missions. No class stories or anything like that, just pure PVP.

I'd move all my characters over to that one.

agreed.

They should create 1 pvp server where the only missions available would be PVP missions. No class stories or anything like that, just pure PVP.

I'd move all my characters over to that one.

Honestly, I'd do the exact same no matter how much cc it cost to move. I know that the engine can't handle large-scale world pvp, but people still talk about that period like it was one of the most active periods of swtor pvp.

Honestly, I'd do the exact same no matter how much cc it cost to move. I know that the engine can't handle large-scale world pvp, but people still talk about that period like it was one of the most active periods of swtor pvp.

It's true, it was the most active era of SWTOR pvp, but only because the game was new. At some point, people realized the bugs were here to stay and they dropped off in droves. People don't want to deal with inadequacy when it comes to their free time and their subscription. I feel the same way but I'm on again off again with this game.

Nothing bad about rating.

Only if MM system matches you with ppl of your rating.

World pvp with a) lvl 1-50 companions b) some fance legacy abilities c) stat capping on planets, not a great idea.

In ancient times there was 1 companion, and some guys slapped operation gear on it, but it was not doing much difference. That's all.

And now (even if you find someone in pvp instance) > where is my 2 legacy buttons. Oh, on CD. Farewell, I'm out (rolling out with infinite rolls, stealthing out, runnng out with infinite camouflages etc.).

I think what would help tremendously with the toxicity would be to give the loser team 50% reward, like in rags with the wins count double.

I think many ranked players are toxic because they wait long, cuz their community is small (cuz of toxicity) and if they get into a match and have a new player, who may be really bad, In their team they trip cuz they get nothing and waited long.

Fixing these rewards would lower toxicity and thus more players would probably be encouraged to give ranked a go. As it should be like in games Like Overwatch.

Edited by robinghamburg