Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A SWTOR vs GW2 Comparison

TrixxieTriss
07.29.2018 , 12:39 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I think the reason PvP is even still a thing here at SWTOR is you have avid SW fans who want to channel their inner sith or jedi.
That’s pretty much the only reason I’m still playing this game. If I could find another SW game that let me pvp as a Jedi or Sith or even a proper SW space sim, I would be gone so fast the door wouldn’t have time to hit me in back.

TheRandomWolf
07.29.2018 , 08:35 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Without a F2P option, I would never play any game. I'm not paying money for a game I've never played and can't test out. So no GW2 for me.
GW2 has had a F2P option since 2015, lol.
I'm a content creator who makes general videos, tutorials, comparisons, trailers, and machinimas for SWTOR. Please show your support by using my referral link as I would be most grateful! You will gain seven additional days to your subscription and some other goodies! You can find more information on the following F.A.Q.

TheRandomWolf
07.29.2018 , 08:38 PM | #73
I find the GW2 community to be quite toxic nowadays. The balance has never been this bad and content is so repetitive there's no point trying out anything new.

At least SWTOR allows me to spend hours upon hours just going through the story content. That's enough for me.
I'm a content creator who makes general videos, tutorials, comparisons, trailers, and machinimas for SWTOR. Please show your support by using my referral link as I would be most grateful! You will gain seven additional days to your subscription and some other goodies! You can find more information on the following F.A.Q.

TrixxieTriss
07.30.2018 , 01:23 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomWolf View Post
I find the GW2 community to be quite toxic nowadays. The balance has never been this bad and content is so repetitive there's no point trying out anything new.

At least SWTOR allows me to spend hours upon hours just going through the story content. That's enough for me.
I actually think the swtor community is much more toxic than GW2, especially in pvp.

Padabiene
07.30.2018 , 02:24 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I actually think the swtor community is much more toxic than GW2, especially in pvp.
I thought the GW2 Community was okayish until the pitchforks came out when a story dev got into an argument with an influencer or something on her private twitter. Granted she seemingly overreacted and wasn't exactly polite, but the level of hatred that followed was... just wow. A lot of people felt personally insulted and reacted accordingly. I thought it was scary.

In game I feel it's not better or much worse than here. WvW frequently has people arguing in map and team chat and I occasionally get butthurt whispers from opponents. The boss blitz of the current festival also provokes a lot of complaining because somehow everyone else but one or two pros is doing it wrong.
What do we do, panic, freak? I usually panic but I'm happy to freak.

lightSaberAddiCt
07.30.2018 , 10:18 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomWolf View Post
GW2 has had a F2P option since 2015, lol.
No it is B2P still, so mm technically it is not f2p.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

Rabin_Lorac
07.30.2018 , 01:07 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Einobi View Post
I played GW2 long long ago but decide to leave (even if I pay no sub). I enjoy the PvP in the game especially WvWvW (large scale PvP which unfortunately and sadly is missing in SWTOR). The only SINGLE reason I decided to leave GW2 is that it required you to PAY FOR GEAR REPAIR in the event of death in WvWvW. I cannot take this nonsense and decided that I will want to have no linkage to that individual in GW2 who decided that paying for GEAR REPAIR in PvP (large scale PvP) is a good idea.

SWTOR will always win GW2 in my own opinion because you don't have to pay for gear repair for PvP death. That in itself is enough for me to pay monthly sub for SWTOR against playing for free in GW2. I will pay for sub but I WILL NOT PAY FOR GEAR REPAIR in GW2 WvWvW.
What a foolish comment and it was made in CAPS lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ciarayn View Post
Does GW2 still require you to pay for gear repair in pvp? They removed that requirement years ago in pve, and it might be the same for pvp?

Correct. You don’t have to pay for repairs in pvp anymore.

If you do not know what you are talking about and you refuse to gain knowledge (google), especially about something you write in CAPS for then please sit down.

Thanks!
Free stuff! Free unlocks THE JUMPSTART BUNDLE, or even better yet subscribe or former subs for PREFERRED FRIEND BUNDLE and seven days of extra sub, free server transfer for all! Click here! http://www.swtor.com/r/TYTv7F.

For new laughs and old memories: http://filthy-few.co.uk/files/swordinbox.html.

azudelphi
07.30.2018 , 02:11 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Padabiene View Post
I thought the GW2 Community was okayish until the pitchforks came out when a story dev got into an argument with an influencer or something on her private twitter. Granted she seemingly overreacted and wasn't exactly polite, but the level of hatred that followed was... just wow. A lot of people felt personally insulted and reacted accordingly. I thought it was scary.
One can debate whether she deserved to be fired for what she said. That being said, she was the original source of toxicity in that instance and insulted not only an ArenaNet partner, but a good chunk of the playerbase. That doesn't excuse certain responses to her tweets, but let's not paint her as a victim of anything but her own poor decision...

SWTOR? There are bad eggs, but all in all is okay
Former Member of Squadron 367 - . = God
Here is the info: Referal Info - Here is the link: Referal Link

StupidWiz
07.30.2018 , 08:19 PM | #79
The main reason that turned me off about GW2 is that there's not a lot of fashion choices there, not to mention the medieval looking style which is not really my type.

Outfit designer is really a brilliant addition in SWTOR. Well done. *claps*
Currently active on Satele Shan server: Alenheim (Shadow)

... All I see is sky... for forever...

Andryah
07.31.2018 , 10:57 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by StupidWiz View Post
The main reason that turned me off about GW2 is that there's not a lot of fashion choices there, not to mention the medieval looking style which is not really my type.

Outfit designer is really a brilliant addition in SWTOR. Well done. *claps*
GW2 has the best dye system of any MMO in my view... yet fashion sucks in GW2 for the most part. But yeah.. I agree with your critiques.... and I personally just did not like the races offered.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.