Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A SWTOR vs GW2 Comparison

Djiini
04.19.2015 , 01:51 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
here's the best comparison i can give.

swtor was a over hyped game that is on it's last legs.

gw2 is only still around due to b2p. if gw2 was a normal p2w mmo or a sub mmo it would have been on it's last legs years ago. both games are p2w. both games don't care about pvp and care more about small updates.
Wrong--if they hadn't killed CoH to fund GW2 hemorrhaging money, it would have died coming out of the gate.

That's what you mean to say.

waterboytkd
04.19.2015 , 03:10 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Magira View Post
Ah, there we have the problem. You have played only hot join, which is a kind of test mode if you want to try something fast. The Reg Warzone here corresponds to the GW2 Unranked arena and Ranked here as there has the same name.
Ahh. Well, I will have to go back and try Unranked Arena then.
The Harbinger - The Grimprophet Legacy
Pubs: An'dru // Azule'ana // Gae'bryal // Jesi'ka // Ae'zryal
Imps: Jon'nee // Rae'zyal // Ma'rya // Kad'ija

Morrolan
04.19.2015 , 06:08 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
here's the best comparison i can give.

swtor was a over hyped game that is on it's last legs.

gw2 is only still around due to b2p. if gw2 was a normal p2w mmo or a sub mmo it would have been on it's last legs years ago. both games are p2w. both games don't care about pvp and care more about small updates.
GW2 cares about PvP, even now they still harbour ambitions of it becoming a fully fledged esport. They're dreaming of course and completely misguided as to pvp development but it means lots of resources are put into it.

ETA: 1 good thing I notice that swtor should adopt is in unranked once the teams have been matched you all get to choose which map you want out of 3 it then determines the map via weighted rng.
[Harbinger] <Zeroth Legacy>
Alieraxx-Sent / Morroian-Shadow / Sereorin-Slinger / Fidd'ler-VG
Miranda-Zero-Op / Whiskeyjackxx-PT / Tattersailxx-Sin / Ben'delat-Jugg

tharbison
04.20.2015 , 09:08 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by wjrasmussen View Post
And that is a fault of EQ2? What do you suggest, they pay people to play with you?
Not at all! EQ2 has wonderful gameplay and content. I played it exclusively for years. I was only saying that it's really not an MMO anymore, just an 'O' That doesn't mean it can't be fun, just don't go there expecting to see anyone other than NPC's until endgame.

duigha
01.02.2016 , 08:47 AM | #55
Sorry for necro :P

But... I had to try the GW2 because I found this thread on the internet. So yeah I have to say, I am pretty hooked up, for now... Maybe because it is something new to me, some new start. Feels fresh. I like the combat system, classes and the environment. And the fact that there is always a plenty of ppl around, not like in SWTOR. On the other hand the game sometimes feels almost "metrosexualish"

Still having SWTOR account though. Well just because friends play and (surprise) we sometimes love to roll in GSF. And it is Star Wars, although my love for SW was kind of shattered by latest IV episode (I mean VII episode of course).

Butt 2 - meanwhile everyone feels superexcited about the new content of KotFE I feel pretty bored about it. For me, it's like some kind of republic extension of story (yeah, maybe for Sith force users is nice too). The impression I get is that now we are the good guys no matter reps or imps (let's call us repsoims). So repsoims must save the galaxy blah blah... Story feels lame to me.

Bioware tries to keep me subbed by adding cca 10 min of story each month? LOL. And I am not talking about PvP which is one of my main interests...

Just my 5 cents.
TRE Zelí | Zelé
Herbs and Derps | Ad Victoriam
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

Alkruel
07.27.2018 , 12:06 PM | #56
Sorry for even worse necro , But if you think swtor's pvp is better than gw 2 then theres something wrong
Does swtor have literally servers of hundreds of players at once CONSTANTLY destroying others castles in world vs world like content? swtor is based more around pve than it is pvp at least when compared to guidwars 2 LOL

TrixxieTriss
07.27.2018 , 10:01 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Alkruel View Post
Sorry for even worse necro , But if you think swtor's pvp is better than gw 2 then theres something wrong
Does swtor have literally servers of hundreds of players at once CONSTANTLY destroying others castles in world vs world like content? swtor is based more around pve than it is pvp at least when compared to guidwars 2 LOL
Agreed, this thread is nearly as current as it was when it was started 3 years ago. Especially for pvp which has actually gotten worse when it comes to gearing,

I encourage people to have a read through the pvp part of the OPs post to see the differences in what GW2 does with pvp and why swtor would benefit greatly from a system like this.

Also note, that Gw2 is still more successful and going stronger than swtor

MiMoMu
07.28.2018 , 09:15 AM | #58
GW 2 Mount system is the best mount system ever made. Its simply sublime. I only have unlocked the first mount, the raptor which is animated beautifully. The run speed and the way it leaps a decent distance is wonderful. There are various mount types for various terrain traveling ( eg: manta ray that allows water surface riding) and once you receive the mount ( via quests) on your main doing the latest expack (where you obtain all the various mounts) it becomes available to use (at no extra cost) for all your characters.

Brief intro to mounts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zoDp6rK9V0

More detailed info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3jKdP_XRPI
For a free inventory expansion and 5 regular xp boosts for each of your characters click my referral link. If you are an ex subscriber with over 90 days unsubbed or a fresh account, if you use the link you get 7 days of free sub and some nice goodies there after if you re subscribe.

TrixxieTriss
07.28.2018 , 10:16 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by MiMoMu View Post
GW 2 Mount system is the best mount system ever made. Its simply sublime. I only have unlocked the first mount, the raptor which is animated beautifully. The run speed and the way it leaps a decent distance is wonderful. There are various mount types for various terrain traveling ( eg: manta ray that allows water surface riding) and once you receive the mount ( via quests) on your main doing the latest expack (where you obtain all the various mounts) it becomes available to use (at no extra cost) for all your characters.

Brief intro to mounts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zoDp6rK9V0

More detailed info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3jKdP_XRPI
IKR, that raptor is awesome

kirorx
07.28.2018 , 10:30 AM | #60
Guess I will be trying out GW2 then