What is the Significance of your Forum Signature?

Lunafox

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first:

A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

I was looking for a unique signature when I first joined, something that reflected my character. I believe a lady should be classy and fabulous in the way she carries and presents herself.

In arguing, while we all argue, there is a way to do it that still reflects you are a lady. (I will probably catch some flack for this.) I was raised that you can argue without using curse words and for the most part I do that. (Though sometimes I will say damn). For me it also reflects my personality. I rarely raise my voice when I am upset. I am the type when I am upset that I will go to my room, shut the door and lay down and cry until I feel better. I found that yelling rarely accomplishes much.

The second:

If you like redheads click my Referral link

Well I am a redhead so that one is just for fun.

Edited by casirabit

I used to have a link to my husband's YouTube tutorials, but he has been too busy to keep producing new content, so I took it off.

I also used to have my referral link, but when I dropped down to preferred, that seemed pointless. Not that anyone used it anyway :rolleyes:

For awhile I kept up a reminder that we were promised meaningful reunions with our companions which we haven't gotten. But again, that seemed pointless.

So now I have links to collages of my many, many alts. I don't think anyone has ever checked them out, but they make me happy :o

And Stephen Fry will always be Jeeves to me.

You've got some hawt looking toons! And though I didn't see Lorreena tonight, I now know what she looks like! You should be very proud, they look great. ^^

The first:

A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

I was looking for a unique signature when I first joined, something that reflected my character. I believe a lady should be classy and fabulous in the way she carries and presents herself.

In arguing, while we all argue, there is a way to do it that still reflects you are a lady. (I will probably catch some flack for this.) I was raised that you can argue without using curse words and for the most part I do that. (Though sometimes I will say damn). For me it also reflects my personality. I rarely raise my voice when I am upset. I am the type when I am upset that I will go to my room, shut the door and lay down and cry until I feel better. I found that yelling rarely accomplishes much.

The second:

If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Well I am a redhead so that one is just for fun.

You know, your quote, has actually served to keep me in check at times when I feel a bit of nastiness or frustration coming on. I remember your sig and think, yeah...I need to be classy and fabulous!

Edited by Lunafox

Well there's a referral link for anyone who wants to use it. I appreciate anyone who's ever clicked on it wether they subbed or not. :D

As for the quote....

I'm a big fan of the old "Legends" EU. And one of my favorite storylines from there was the fall of Jacen Solo to the dark side. He had traveled to the old Jedi temple with Vergere and she told him....

''You see .... but you do not see. Jacen .... why would the Jedi Council build its temple upon a nexus of the dark side?'

'No guessing. The answer is .... simple. They wouldnt.'

What you feel is the Force. This is the shameful secret of the Jedi: There is no dark side.

'The Force is one, Jacen Solo. The Force is everything, and everything is the Force. I have told you already, the Force doesnt take sides. The Force doesnt even have sides.'.....search your feelings. You know this to be true. The force is one.'

'Light and dark are no more than nomenclature: words that describe how little we understand... 'What you call the dark side is the raw, unrestrained Force itself: you call the dark side what you find when you give yourself over wholly to the Force. To be a Jedi is to control your passion - but Jedi control limits your power. Greatness - true greatness of any kind requires the surrender of control. Passion that is guided, not walled away. Leave your limits behind.... 'If your surrender leads to slaughter, that is not because the Force has darkness in it, but you do... 'The only dark side you need fear, Jacen Solo, is the one inside your own heart.'

Reading that forever changed my understanding of the force. The darkness you need fear is inside your own heart.... so there is no light side, there is no dark side..... there is only the force.

The first line of mine is a URL that I won't discuss further.

Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!

Repeated combat line from Vette in KotFE Chapter XIII.

PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!

Repeated combat line from Z0-0M.

To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Reference to the situation immediately after they changed the Galaxy Map. The "default" destination if you clicked on Belsavis was Section X, and if you wanted to go to Belsavis for e.g. your class mission there, you had to select Belsavis before clicking Travel. So, to go to Belsavis, you had to say that you wanted to go there rather than Section X.

Where are Curly and Larry :rak_02:

PS your toons look great :cool:

My husband had Larry and my Mother-in-Law had Curly. At the time they were bt 4, but when they quit playing their fat cats, I put Moe on a diet. I think Risha appreciates his slimmer physique. ;)

My husband had Larry and my Mother-in-Law had Curly. At the time they were bt 4, but when they quit playing their fat cats, I put Moe on a diet. I think Risha appreciates his slimmer physique. ;)

Ha ha - I love it! I thought I was only being facetious, but there you go - Curly, Larry and Moe did all play SWTOR!! :rak_03:

Well, the first part is obvious. And then a while back I added #freethelekku. This game has been going too long without any proper headgear options for twi'leks. Tired of lekku clipping through awkwardly or being removed altogether when wearing hoods and helmets. It's kind of annoying to always have to hide head slot. :t_mad:

Well I have seen some people put in character names so I did the same, but will be removing that as it takes up too much space and hurts die eyes when i post a few times on one page.

There is always the spot for the referal link and of course to show off a bit with achievements :D

Please don't I really like your signature as it is!

My signature is selfish - I want to see more of Malavai Quinn in the future (each to their own) and I want LIs to be more significant in any future story-line. I also really, really, really want that Sky Trooper as a companion for my characters without an LI. I also my referral link. It's magical 'cos it's pink :p

One day my raid lead asked my co-healer how healing with me was. Can't remember the exact words but it was something around "It's acceptable for now". Thus was born my toon "Acceptable heals", and eventually "Acceptable Player", which I kinda like the sound of. It occasionally makes people laugh when I join groups so there's that.

Before the game was the forums.

The Matrix on Line (MxO) was closing or had just closed. Many of us were looking forward to SWTOR.

I imagine if MxO would appear back now, it would really seem dated.

But it was my 1st MMO and I had a blast so many tie ins from the movies. When you grouped, the NPCs would change level to Group average +1. I thought that was cool. I still remember when I went from Richland (Starter area) to Lucero Point in Westview where Agents could get you. I was actually tense. And when an agent appeared for my 1st time... Heart rate 150. Good times

It seemed that every game I played after had a toon called Lemage and a Lamage in it. My 1st 2 MxO Characters.

So, yeah I still miss playing MxO, probably because SOE ended it before I was ready for it to end.

Edited by LeMage

My forum signature?

The story of four sisters born of a forbidden love between a Sith Warrior (Iovita Regnis) and a Jedi Knight (Aule Tanamon).

Aule was sent to kill Iovita.

Iovita was sent to kill Aule.

Against all odds they fall in love.

--------------

Also some links to my all-time favourite space story -

I watch Series 1-4 without fail every year. Edited by AureliaSulis

You want Things? Do some Work.

An extremely compressed reference to an argument that has been ongoing for as long as I've been on the forums.

Find me on Star Forge

A reference to the server my characters are on.

that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.

And one of the things I most wish I had said, from one of my favorite people to get matched with or against in forum PvP.

(Oh, and the referral link, cause crass materialism :) )

(ETA the contents of my then-current sig, because I'm thinking about changing the first bit)

Edited by IanArgent

Back at the start, we some people who were humble bragging about their rigs. "I only have a Cray super computer with advanced Ai. Can my rig play this game"?

So I countered by showing them the real thing!

Heh... I love your sig. :) And I remember the TRS-80... so that definitely dates me. :p

TRS-80, Dual 5 1/2" Floppy's, 13" CGA Monitor = state of the art at the time. Now days it would not run your toaster oven. How much things have changed over the decades.

I change mine from time to time... and when I do.. it is most often a quote of someone not in any way involved with the game.. and on a topic that I feel can encourage the reader to drop their stereotypical fixations and actually think outside the little square box many people live in obliviously 7/24.

I'm mostly amazed that you managed to find a Musk quote around AI that wasn't completely retarded and showed how little he knows of what actual AI is. I say not completely because the first sentence is a pretty good and relevant observation. The second is a poorly made conclusion and goes back to his scaremonger habits though.

I'm mostly amazed that you managed to find a Musk quote around AI that wasn't completely retarded and showed how little he knows of what actual AI is. I say not completely because the first sentence is a pretty good and relevant observation. The second is a poorly made conclusion and goes back to his scaremonger habits though.

Heh.. I don't like his scaremongering either, and everything he says does need to be tested. He is a flinty, thin skinned, and very defensive personality. And I honestly believe, having met him, that he is a sociopath the way he treats other people. So much smarts all rolled into an otherwise flawed package. But he is still quote worthy on some things. :) I do think his comments with respect to AI are not actually understood for the context in which they are presented... but... the vote is also still out on AI in my view ... whereas his statement about the average smartphone user is spot on and in his context of use... they are related.

Edited by Andryah

Heh.. I don't like his scaremongering either, and everything he says does need to be tested. He is a flinty, thin skinned, and very defensive personality. And I honestly believe, having met him, that he is a sociopath the way he treats other people. So much smarts all rolled into an otherwise flawed package. But he is still quote worthy on some things. :) I do think his comments with respect to AI are not actually understood for the context in which they are presented... but... the vote is also still out on AI in my view ... whereas his statement about the average smartphone user is spot on and in his context of use... they are related.

Both statements are correct. We do tend to use our smartphones in a way that makes us like cyborgs. If that technology could be built in instead of held in our hand... imagine!

AI can be very dangerous. It can be, and is, great, as well. The key is to keep tabs on it and not let it get too far on its own before we can be sure to control it.