The Hammerfist Clan is Recruiting (Empire, 18+)

corcode

Who are we?

We mainly cater to the mature player. Players who have time restraints, family, spouses, full time jobs. Players who know what it's like to have bills and mortgages to pay. Players who know what "waggro" or "haggro" is (I just described myself!) We know real life commitments are a priority with older more mature gamers, and thus we'll never overload you with requirements, and expect you to jump through a bunch of silly hoops just to get a few hours of gaming in with your friends.

Some of our core values and offerings:

A thriving healthy community, filled with activity. Members are encouraged to become involved and speak their minds. Everyone has a voice, and using it helps us grow wiser and gives us the means and information necessary to continually improve!

Not just another guild, but an actual community for members to socially interact with other members on a personal level. I've made a good many friends through guilds, a few have even become real life friends. It's our mission to offer a respectable environment void of idiots and muppet heads (yes I said muppet heads...remember them??) to everyone who walks the path of adventure with us.

A golden rule we believe in: Treat others as you would like to be treated. We like everyone to think of their fellow members and guild mates as family not just another number or body. Get to know your fellow guild mates, and most importantly treat each and every new member with respect. We're all on the same team and working for the same cause, It's important to know you can count on your new brother or sister in a pinch

Officers - not an elite club. Officers are there for the people, and represent the masses. Officers earn their places among us, and are expected to earn their keep. At no time do we ever plan on making the officership a "cool kids club".

These are a few of the basic values we carry with us, whatever the cause or game may be, these will always travel with us.

Below is our guild summary.

Guild Name: The Hammerfist Clan - [HFC]

Guild Website: hammerfistclan.com

Main Time Zone: [uSA]

Web Admin: Brakkish

About Us:

We're an adult guild looking for mature members age 18 or older. We're a social/casual guild passionate about our gaming. How you choose to spend your gaming time is up to you. Dictating how and when you need to play is not our style, we understand part-time gamers with full-time lives.

It's our goal to provide a friendly, stress free environment in which to enjoy the game. If you are looking to join us, some things you should keep in mind are: We value friendship over loot and hoarding. Guilds can be an excellent place to meet new friends and share good times and experiences that keep with you for years. Squabbling over loot has no place here. Providing a decent environment, void of riff-raff and distractions is an A-1 priority in any MMO we play. Leaving the drama behind and entering a world of fantasy and fun is what it's all about.

Guild category: Adult 18+

Voice: Yes, Mumble

Recruiting members status: Open to friendly adults 18 years of age or more.

Forum Software - Vbulletin with a professional license. (It's an industry standard)

Edited by corcode
Update to reflect we are now recruiting fro Republic as well as Empire

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to the above we also offer a Republic guild (HFC Republic Spies) for leveling alts for story/legacy/preparation for the HK-51 missions. We also try to run weekly operations and regularly have people running hard mode flashpoints as well as plenty of folks leveling lower level alts and lower level mains.

So if you are tired of guilds that treat your gaming time as another job and are looking for a group of mature adults to spend your time with check out our forums and see what you think and put in an application.

We are still looking for more mature people to join our community so if you're tired of guilds that treat your game time like a second job or just want somewhere to call home and hang out and quest with other adults check us out in the link in my signature. We would love to meet you.

Welcome to the HFC recruitment thread.

I have been playing video games for several years, and have finally joined the ranks of MMO players. I belonged to a few guilds, but none ever felt like a family until now.

We are a very mixed bunch of mature gamers. This is truly a fun, casual guild. The guild is active game-wise, and there is a very active forum as well. There is truly something for everyone.

Check out HFC today. You will be glad you did.

I'll be honest: I am an older player.

I started MMOs with vanilla WoW and didn't have fun until I met up with a guild full of adult, social, casual folks who took a serious but laid back approach to the game. Well, I continued to look for that (with success here and there) in the MMOs I played since: namely LOTRO and Rift.

I desperately wanted to find that again here in TOR and fortunately I did in Hammerfist.

"All the content we want, at our pace, done our way," I think sums us up at Hammerfist. We are social, and, frankly, casual. We have some progression-minded folks and they help set up operations. But there isn't a requirement to raid. We have folks that love to kill some 'Pubs; but you don't have to PvP.

We are just laid-back folks that realize gaming is a shared passion and hobby but we all have (rightfully so!) real lives outside these pixels.

Come take a look at our clan. You just might find a new gaming home!

I'll be honest: I am an older player.

I started MMOs with vanilla WoW and didn't have fun until I met up with a guild full of adult, social, casual folks who took a serious but laid back approach to the game. Well, I continued to look for that (with success here and there) in the MMOs I played since: namely LOTRO and Rift.

I desperately wanted to find that again here in TOR and fortunately I did in Hammerfist.

"All the content we want, at our pace, done our way," I think sums us up at Hammerfist. We are social, and, frankly, casual. We have some progression-minded folks and they help set up operations. But there isn't a requirement to raid. We have folks that love to kill some 'Pubs; but you don't have to PvP.

We are just laid-back folks that realize gaming is a shared passion and hobby but we all have (rightfully so!) real lives outside these pixels.

Come take a look at our clan. You just might find a new gaming home!

:ph_good_post:

Great Post!

I didn't know that we were confessing older gamer status. My bad. Okay, I am an older gamer too. HFC is full of fun members of all ages. We even have a resident curmudgeon.

Xayvion

:ph_thank_you:

:ph_good_post:

Great Post!

I didn't know that we were confessing older gamer status. My bad. Okay, I am an older gamer too. HFC is full of fun members of all ages. We even have a resident curmudgeon.

Xayvion

:ph_thank_you:

Well, since I've been outed, (I am the self-styled "Resident Curmudgeon" of HFC) I guess I'll speak up. As folks have mentioned this is a great group of folks. I've been in a couple of other guilds, but this crew understands what it means to have a REAL LIFE, meaning school, jobs, kids, spouses, and all the other things that get in the way of the really important stuff, namely, GAMING! Folks at HFC run the range from super causal to truly HardCore, sometimes in the same player depending on the game and the personal situation.

(Uses the Force) This is the Guild you want to join! Click on the link in the sig! Do it today!

Edited by Destvar

Well, since I've been outed, (I am the self-styled "Resident Curmudgeon" of HFC) I guess I'll speak up. As folks have mentioned this is a great group of folks. I've been in a couple of other guilds, but this crew understands what it means to have a REAL LIFE, meaning school, jobs, kids, spouses, and all the other things that get in the way of the really important stuff, namely, GAMING! Folks at HFC run the range from super causal to truly HardCore, sometimes in the same player depending on the game and the personal situation.

(Uses the Force) This is the Guild you want to join! Click on the link in the sig! Do it today!

Someone had to do it! And it got you out of your rocking chair, old man. :t_angel:

Great use of the force by the way. :wea_03:

:ph_agree::ph_agree::ph_agree::ph_agree::ph_agree::ph_agree:

So what is everyone waiting for? Go to www.hammerfistclan.com and check us out!

Edited by greyladydeux
Incorrect URL

Someone had to do it! And it got you out of your rocking chair, old man. :t_angel:

Great use of the force by the way. :wea_03:

So what is everyone waiting for? Go to www.hammerfistclan.com and check us out!

It's not a rocking chair! Its a fully blown out 383 cu. in. MOPAR powered wheel chair! :csw_speeder:

She may get gallons to the mile but she sure can scoot!

Edited by Destvar

I really loved the Force line - pure genius.

Xay

Of course it was, I am so freaking brilliant I sometimes scare myself. (NOT!)

I may have used too much of The Force. It looks like the HFC site is down at the moment. I am sure that will be straightened out in short order.

Of course it was, I am so freaking brilliant I sometimes scare myself. (NOT!)

I may have used too much of The Force. It looks like the HFC site is down at the moment. I am sure that will be straightened out in short order.

You certainly scare me! (Just kidding potential HFC recruits, he's really harmless.)

The site is still down. Please don't give up anyone.

Xay

It's not a rocking chair! Its a fully blown out 383 cu. in. MOPAR powered wheel chair! :csw_speeder:

She may get gallons to the mile but she sure can scoot!

Oh nice, so the super scooter finally arrived huh Brey? Glad to see you'll be able to chase the kids off of your lawn before they're already past now. :jawa_tongue:

Oh nice, so the super scooter finally arrived huh Brey? Glad to see you'll be able to chase the kids off of your lawn before they're already past now. :jawa_tongue:

Yeah, especially since they took away my paintball gun, dang it! I used to love hearing them yelp when I tagged them. ~sigh~

Btw, the site is back up! I knew Brakkish would get it straightened out.

Edited by Destvar

As you can see we are a fun loving guild and enjoy hanging out together. :)

Just to expand on the leveling aspect we have many members some working on main characters and some on Alts that are at all different levels. Our members are also on at all hours of the day and night. Withthe alt expansion many of us will fire up a new toon to help you level if needed :)

So jump on over and give us a shout

--Kaz

Yeah, especially since they took away my paintball gun, dang it! I used to love hearing them yelp when I tagged them. ~sigh~

Btw, the site is back up! I knew Brakkish would get it straightened out.

Brey no! Not after the B-B-gun incident! Sheesh, didn’t you just get off probation?

*Sigh* You need a new hobby. Tatting maybe? I’d offer to teach you, but one, you are incorrigible, and two, I would never do anything as lame as tatting.

See you online tonight. :jawa_wink:

Xay

Brey no! Not after the B-B-gun incident! Sheesh, didn’t you just get off probation?

See you online tonight. :jawa_wink:

Xay

Who do you think I bought the paintball gun from? My probation officer! (He doesn't know about the MP-4 I keep for traveling salesmen. It's hilarious to watch them skedaddle when I lay down a quick burst down in front of them on the driveway.)

Living as far out as I do in the country does have some perks. Sheriff comes up, looks at me, just shakes his head and drives away. Then again, most folks out here are armed and unafraid to use 'em. I have a rep of being that "crazy writer/geek" to uphold, y'know!

Edited by Destvar

Who do you think I bought the paintball gun from? My probation officer! (He doesn't know about the MP-4 I keep for traveling salesmen. It's hilarious to watch them skedaddle when I lay down a quick burst down in front of them on the driveway.)

Living as far out as I do in the country does have some perks. Sheriff comes up, looks at me, just shakes his head and drives away. Then again, most folks out here are armed and unafraid to use 'em. I have a rep of being that "crazy writer/geek" to uphold, y'know!

Completely understandable about the salesmen. I just tell 'em I'm dead. They are rendered speechless, (some stutter that they are sorry) and it gives me ample time to slam the door. This technique works on phone sales calls as well.

I stopped defending my writer/geek status long ago. It is what it is. I think people distrust us because we make everything up. What kind of job is that, making stuff up?

A fun one, that's what.

:ph_lol::ph_lol::ph_lol:

Our website is back online. Come lurk on on our forums and check us out. There is also a great article on finding the perfect guild.

http://www.hammerfistclan.com/forum/f49/guild-hunting-101-how-guide-549280/

Here is a link to the main page.

www.hammerfistclan.com

Good luck in finding a new guild home. We hope it is with us.

Xay

Completely understandable about the salesmen. I just tell 'em I'm dead. They are rendered speechless, (some stutter that they are sorry) and it gives me ample time to slam the door. This technique works on phone sales calls as well.

I keep threatening to post a sign I saw years ago that read "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again."

For anyone interested in looking for a guild; here are two of the activities being actively pursued by Hammerfist:

1. A large number of us are veteran farmers of HM KP and EV, and so are moving into EC. Saturday and Monday are the most popular nights for operations.

2. Dedicated leveling teams are getting set up. Teams of 2-4 toons leveling up, seeing the sights, doing the quests and heroics along the way.

If you see a Hammerfist tag in game; feel free to ask questions!

For anyone interested in looking for a guild; here are two of the activities being actively pursued by Hammerfist:

1. A large number of us are veteran farmers of HM KP and EV, and so are moving into EC. Saturday and Monday are the most popular nights for operations.

2. Dedicated leveling teams are getting set up. Teams of 2-4 toons leveling up, seeing the sights, doing the quests and heroics along the way.

Gratuities of pie not required but always appreciated!

:rak_05:

We have several lower level toons that we are trying to get to Tatooine. There are guild members on most of the time. We could use more people who play late nights (after 11 PM CST) and early evenings (6 PM to 9 PM CST).

Good luck on finding your guild home.

Xay

Edited by greyladydeux
Left out a word.

What loot system does your guild use for progression operation runs?

As far as I'm aware, we just use master looter. We just recently started back up progression as a guild due to summer travels and GW2 took a bunch of our players out of the game for a while.

I read your other post, and I highly doubt we'd use that system. HFC is not a competitive guild, but if we get a lucky streak and somehow rank high on the server...happy accident. That being said, our loot system is simply fair. We generally let players who really need the gear take it and all gear up fairly evenly.

And I'm actually not a big fan of monetary runs, as I feel that detracts from the goal of being in the instance and downing content, at least slightly. However, in WoW, my progression guild uses EPGP, and that's a great loot system. I'd say we kind of use that, just without it actually being EPGP (or GDKP).

Indeed, while HFC has some members who might be considered "hardcore" gamers, our overall structure is much more casual. Folks that want to get together and run Ops and the like can do so, and many do. Then there are a bunch who are into the game more for the storyline, and we have more than a few "altholics" who are running multiple alts in order to explore all the possible storylines that are available in the game.