All I want for Christmas is a larger chat window.

Relict_Nephilim

Seriously, all I want for Christmas is a larger chat window.

As part of the RP community I would fill the entire left hand side of my screen with the chat window if I could.

The 2 inch x 4 inch current window is highly inefficient and inadequate.

Space Santa please.

---

Edit for confusion:

Here is an example of the largest I can make my chat window, even by moving the chat window around and dragging the triangle, it does not go larger than this, unless I am missing an options toggle or something.

https://i.imgur.com/z4tuvTi.jpg

Edited by Relict_Nephilim
clarity

With a larger chat window (or not even) I'd like that tabs would flash or something when a conversation happens.

Maybe you have separated guild and whisper and are looking at general and someone says something in Whisper or guild the tab would flash. It was handy in that elves and dwarfs game.

As part of the RP community I would fill the entire left hand side of my screen with the chat window if I could.

Space Santa please.

If I'm not mistaken you can expand the chat window to what ever size you want it to be.

If I'm not mistaken you can expand the chat window to what ever size you want it to be.

I would have it cover 1/3rd of my screen in one long panel, I interact mostly through text, as far as I know you cannot get it even 25% of the size that I would want.

At my resolution the largest I can get the chat window is about 2.5 inches x 4inches. It doesn't click and drag any larger. Even if moved to the middle or top of the screen.

Space Santa please.

There's a little triangle on the bottom right side of the chat window. Click & drag to make the chat window as large as you like.

Your welcome - Santa. 🎄

There's a little triangle on the bottom right side of the chat window. Click & drag to make the chat window as large as you like.

Your welcome - Santa. 🎄

Unfortunately this is not correct.

Here is an example of the largest I can make my chat window, even by moving the chat window around and dragging the triangle, it does not go larger than this, unless I am missing an options toggle or something.

I appreciate the help, but I think people are underestimating just how large I would like the window :D

Lol!

You know you can reposition the chat window, right? If you start out with it being way down at the bottom left, it's not surprising you run out of room.

Open up the UI editor and move your chat window further up the left side of the screen. 😂

Edited by JediQuaker

Lol!

You know you can reposition the chat window, right? If you start out with it being way down at the bottom left, it's not surprising you run out of room.

Open up the UI editor and move your chat window further up the left side of the screen. 😂

I've been doing that. Please show a screenshot with a similar UI size & resolution where the entire left hand side of your screen or even 2/3rds of it covered in chat window and I will delete this post :p

Edited by Relict_Nephilim

I've been doing that. Please show a screenshot with a similar UI size & resolution where the entire left hand side of your screen or even 2/3rds of it covered in chat window and I will delete this post :p

If you want to mess with the global settings, you might be able to make it bigger. Put the global to max, then click on each individual other option to make them smaller. I don't know if it will work, or how much messing around it will take.

But putting the global settings on full will give you a huge window,

If you want to mess with the global settings, you might be able to make it bigger. Put the global to max, then click on each individual other option to make them smaller. I don't know if it will work, or how much messing around it will take.

But putting the global settings on full will give you a huge window,

As near as I can tell, that function other than UI scale does not affect the chat window size, I invite you to try... I hope I am wrong, but I have been trying to expand the windows for years. I and the people I play with write in paragraph form.

As near as I can tell, that function other than UI scale does not affect the chat window size, I invite you to try... I hope I am wrong, but I have been trying to expand the windows for years. I and the people I play with write in paragraph form.

I did, it makes the chat window huge with everything else. But you'll need to mess around with the rest of the settings to shrink all the other windows

Lol!

Or ... you could actually test things for yourself before LOL'ing and mocking people who know what they're talking about.

I was going to post the same thing you did, but actually tested it in game first. The OP is right, there is a limit to how big you can make the chat window. Even moving to the top left, you can't drag the chat box all the way down.

I see no reason why you can't make the chat box larger/longer if you want to.

Or ... you could actually test things for yourself before LOL'ing and mocking people who know what they're talking about.

I was going to post the same thing you did, but actually tested it in game first. The OP is right, there is a limit to how big you can make the chat window. Even moving to the top left, you can't drag the chat box all the way down.

I see no reason why you can't make the chat box larger/longer if you want to.

thank you <3

This is something that has been bothering me for years and years. Roleplayers often struggle to fit their text in the chat window, when in larger groups chat can scroll QUICKLY when you have 5 to 50 people writing in full paragraphs.

If I had my Ideal, I would put the chat window on the far left, as high up as possible and then straight down to the bottom so that about 1/3rd of my screen is the chat window. This would be a major major boon for the RP community.

I give up. 🙄

Well, I have moved the chat window to the top left of my screen but when I drag the corner to increase the chat window there is a maximum width and length that I can drag it out... and that's not even a quarter of the screen. So I'm not the one asking but I'm curious what you mean.

With a larger chat window (or not even) I'd like that tabs would flash or something when a conversation happens.

Maybe you have separated guild and whisper and are looking at general and someone says something in Whisper or guild the tab would flash. It was handy in that elves and dwarfs game.

I have about 7 chats separated and would like this tab flashing for a new message as well. Even make it a feature you could turn on and off for each tab by right clicking and changing in settings.

I have about 7 chats separated and would like this tab flashing for a new message as well. Even make it a feature you could turn on and off for each tab by right clicking and changing in settings.

The titles of multi-tabbed chat windows in Everquest2 light up when they update. Other nice feature, you can type /clearchat to delete everything on them.

Edited by xordevoreaux