I need help installing the game.

EnPunkt

Hilo there.

Basically the game wont install faster than 18kb/s and I dont know how to fix it.

Outgoing traffic being blocked on non-standard network ports might interfer with the launcher's download process.

If you use a locally installed firewall, it's worth a try to make sure that outgoing traffic is allowed for swtor.exe on TCP ports 8995, 12000-12999 and 20000-30000.

The ports can also be blocked on the router; that would be the sledgehammer approach to network security. On your own router, just open all outgoing ports. Good luck trying to convince a parent (or worksite/campus admin) who uses this to keep you from doing bad things on the internet.

Do not open any incoming ports, unless you know what you're doing. SWTOR doesn't need them.

If opening the ports won't help, you could try to copy the swtor folder from a friend's computer, there is no personal data stored there, and the game runs fine from a copied folder without installation. Without the DL speed issue resolved, you'd likely have to repeat this after every update, though.

Edited by Mubrak

Basically the game wont install faster than 18kb/s and I dont know how to fix it.

You gave no details on your setup, so ......

It may be that your ISP - home, work, school? - is throttling your download speed for some reason - accidentally or on purpose. If I recall, there were some posts a few years ago, about some school ISPs detecting the SWTOR downloader as a Torrent and blocking it.

Or it could be a rogue setting in your modem/router. Have you tried the basic turn-it-off and turn-it-back-on?