How many Cartel coins will the Ewok cost?

Dandak

I'm sure the term elitists could very well be applied to the SWTOR lifers who have more time than money and have wasted... err... spent, the better part of 18 months of their lives getting one or more level 40+ legacies. Maybe, people should stop trying to take away choices from other players simply because we didn't waste the last 18 months of our lives "earning" it.

I too have more money than time, but I'm not the one trying to bypass a requirement, even though I do not meet that requirement yet, and likely will not for several more months. I'm simply willing to wait and actually <GASP> put forth the effort to meet that requirement rather than trying to throw money around.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have more money than time, but I'm not the one trying to bypass a requirement, even though I do not meet that requirement yet, and likely will not for several more months. I'm simply willing to wait and actually <GASP> put forth the effort to meet that requirement rather than trying to throw money around.

I'm not bypassing ANYTHING. Bioware is selling it for Cartel Coins with no restrictions. I am playing by THEIR rules. I am thankful they give players like myself alternatives. So, since there are no restrictions, there is no bypass. <GASP>

I'm not bypassing ANYTHING. Bioware is selling it for Cartel Coins with no restrictions. I am playing by THEIR rules. I am thankful they give players like myself alternatives. So, since there are no restrictions, there is no bypass. <GASP>

The requirement on the PTS is legacy 40, correct? You cannot spend the million credits to purchase the companion until you have legacy 40. If BW allows this companion to be purchased with CC's as an ALTERNATE means of payment, once the legacy 40 required to unlock the companion has been reached, then there is no bypassing of the requirement as it still requires legacy 40 to unlock.

If BW decides to cave the entitled "have to have it now" crowd and offer it for purchase with CC's without requiring legacy 40, then by throwing money at BW, it will be possible to bypass that legacy 40 requirement. You can claim that you are playing by BW's rules, but you would still be bypassing that legacy 40 requirement by throwing money at BW.

The requirement on the PTS is legacy 40, correct? You cannot spend the million credits to purchase the companion until you have legacy 40. If BW allows this companion to be purchased with CC's as an ALTERNATE means of payment, once the legacy 40 required to unlock the companion has been reached, then there is no bypassing of the requirement as it still requires legacy 40 to unlock.

If BW decides to cave the entitled "have to have it now" crowd and offer it for purchase with CC's without requiring legacy 40, then by throwing money at BW, it will be possible to bypass that legacy 40 requirement. You can claim that you are playing by BW's rules, but you would still be bypassing that legacy 40 requirement by throwing money at BW.

I'm not entitled, I'm just taking advantage of a service they are already providing. Also, name calling to make a point usually invalidates the point.

Why anyone would spend cartel coins or in game cash for one of these staggers me.

You will be one of 100's stood around on the fleet with fury little pets at their sides.

The people will no Ewok, will be the unique people.

Ewok's should of been implemented as part of one classes story line, in the past or in the future. I don't see people crying about everyone wanting a Wookie or a Jawa?

It is the hype of the CM that will flood our beautiful universe with these fury little annoyances!

You are being told that you want one!

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Why anyone would spend cartel coins or in game cash for one of these staggers me.

You will be one of 100's stood around on the fleet with fury little pets at their sides.

The people will no Ewok, will be the unique people.

Ewok's should of been implemented as part of one classes story line, in the past or in the future. I don't see people crying about everyone wanting a Wookie or a Jawa?

It is the hype of the CM that will flood our beautiful universe with these fury little annoyances!

You are being told that you want one!

actually there was a lot of hype for jawas before blizz for the BH was announced, then people got upset that only the bh had a jawa, but bw stood their ground and kept him only for BH's.'

and the reason why everyone is excited about getting her is because of her ability to tank or heal with her two stances

I'm not entitled, I'm just taking advantage of a service they are already providing. Also, name calling to make a point usually invalidates the point.

LOL! Except you've repeatedly called everyone that disagrees with you an elitist. If you actually believe this garbage you're typing you might be the biggest hypocrite on this site. At the very least you're one hell of a troll!

I'm sure the term elitists could very well be applied to the SWTOR lifers who have more time than money and have wasted... err... spent, the better part of 18 months of their lives getting one or more level 40+ legacies. Maybe, people should stop trying to take away choices from other players simply because we didn't waste the last 18 months of our lives "earning" it.

If you call playing the game a waste of time, why do you want everything immediately without spending any time online? Isn't that a bit hypocritical? I want everything the game has to offer but I don't actually want to play the game...

Also consider this. The "elitist no-lifers" that did actually "waste" their past 18 months playing the game "earning" the awesome rewards they were promised, got nothing for their devotion. They were lied to by the developers and it wasn't even the first (or second or third or whatever) time. They just want something to show that it's worth logging X hours of hours to get Y item.

But whatever exclusive item Bioware offered to people with high level legacies, I'd bet that people like you would be all over the forums demanding to be allowed to buy whatever it might be, without putting in any in-game effort for it.

A personal story: When Bioware removed the Korrealis PvP mounts (yes I was there back then), I wasn't valor 60 and therefore didn't meet the requirement to buy that speeder and had to accept that fact. I didn't come here whining that I want to have it without meeting the requirements. I accepted that it was a long grind that was out of reach for me and moved on.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

I don't know how they are going to set this price. I mean, what's the value of Legacy Level 40 + 1 million Credits in terms of Cartel Coins? How do you balance the two?

When Legacy perks are acquired via CCs, the legacy requirement is waived. Check the Legacy UI and tool-tip hover any/all of the perks if you do not believe me.

The more relevant question is what is the ~ value of CCs in terms of credits. For most MMOs we have no idea since shop purchases are bound to characters and there is no way to determine a free-market trade value between in game currency and out of game currency. But SWTOR does give us this insight....even though it is completely driven by free market forces in the player base.

That said.. while the sell value of CM items varies widely on the GTN... a good baseline is the average sell price of unlocks, cartel packs, and dyes. If you look at the fair market prices for these on the GTN and average them.... you arrive at 600-800 CCs per million credits. And Bioware seems to like both 600 and 800 as CM price points (along with 1200, 1500). So on that basis.. I think they will price it at 600. Some people think it will be higher.. but keep in mind most of us expected the Cathar to be 1000-1200 and they priced it at 600.

600 for items like this is actually a "sweet spot" in the player base as it is right around the coin amount subs get each month with their sub. So for players that subscribe, don't save their coins, live hand to mouth on coin allotments, Cathar was immediately still in reach, and I think Treek will be as well.

I know the legacy40_elite think that such a thing as Treek should be hard to get.... but that's just their feelings, subjectively based on how long it takes to get to legacy40. It's not however how Bioware runs this game....they run it for broad casual player appeal and access. Legacy today is simply a different path to optional content, as is cartel coins. People need to get over it.. and stop worshiping Legacy and demanding everyone else do so as well.

Edited by Andryah

When Legacy perks are acquired via CCs, the legacy requirement is waived. Check the Legacy UI and tool-tip hover any/all of the perks if you do not believe me.

I never said it wasn't waived. But purchasing with credits IS gated by the requirement of having Legacy level 40 so having that level is part of the price.

Now I am at work at the moment and can't look at the other unlocks to see what the CC to Legacy level + Credits ratio is but I don't recall an unlock as high Legacy level 40 before.

Can you or someone post the Legacy Perks list with the cost for the unlocks? Or a link to them. It would be helpful to compare them.

I never said it wasn't waived. But purchasing with credits IS gated by the requirement of having Legacy level 40 so having that level is part of the price.

Now I am at work at the moment and can't look at the other unlocks to see what the CC to Legacy level + Credits ratio is but I don't recall an unlock as high Legacy level 40 before.

Can you or someone post the Legacy Perks list with the cost for the unlocks? Or a link to them. It would be helpful to compare them.

You are missing my point. As of November 2012, when F2P business model went live.. they implemented an alternate path to every legacy unlock that is coins only. A lot of people simply do not know this, or do not grasp that it has been universally applied by Bioware since November 2012. It is integral to their new business model.

One example where someone tried to lecture me about being wrong on this yesterday: player claimed that Ship GTN still required legacy level 25 (currently the highest Legacy level unlock in the Legacy system I believe). But this player was completely incorrect. A brand new player can plunk down 900 cc (if they want to) and be running a GTN from their ship just as soon as they have a ship to run it on.

There is absolutely no precedent anywhere for them to suddenly put legacy level in as a requirement for the cc unlock path.. yet there are several dozen precedents in the Legacy UI to indicate that is not their business model post November 2012. TL;DR they have never had a legacy level requirement for a CC unlock of a legacy perk.

I get that you want a Legacy level lock on the CC path to unlock. I get it. But your want has nothing to do with what they are doing.

Edited by Andryah

You are missing my point. As of November 2012, when F2P business model went live.. they implemented an alternate path to every legacy unlock that is coins only. A lot of people simply do not know this, or do not grasp that it has been universally applied by Bioware since November 2012. It is integral to their new business model.

When did I miss that point, exactly? I think you are attributing things to me that others have said or asked.

One example where someone tried to lecture me about being wrong on this yesterday: player claimed that Ship GTN still required legacy level 25 (currently the highest Legacy level unlock in the Legacy system I believe). But this player was completely incorrect. A brand new player can plunk down 900 cc (if they want to) and be running a GTN from their ship just as soon as they have a ship to run it on.

That player was not me.

There is absolutely no precedent anywhere for them to suddenly put legacy level in as a requirement for the cc unlock path.. yet there are several dozen precedents in the Legacy UI to indicate that is not their business model post November 2012. TL;DR they have never had a legacy level requirement for a CC unlock of a legacy perk.

I never asked them to nor did I say that there is/should/would put a CC requirement on it.

I get that you want a Legacy level lock on the CC path to unlock. I get it. But your want has nothing to do with what they are doing.

I don't think you get what I asked. We are discussing the pricing not whether or not it should have a restriction. I think maybe you need to take a break from the forums for a while.

I don't think you get what I asked. We are discussing the pricing not whether or not it should have a restriction. I think maybe you need to take a break from the forums for a while.

Calm down, please.

But purchasing with credits IS gated by the requirement of having Legacy level 40 so having that level is part of the price.

The part I underlined.. assumption on your part. It's not reality, as evidenced by every other perk item in Legacy.

If you are looking for a way to somehow establish a "CC price" based on "legacy".... that's a dry hole. Nothing in the existing release of the game supports what you are endeavoring to do.

Even credit costs charged for Legacy perks do not scale or make sense in comparison to what CC prices were set for the same perks.

Edited by Andryah

Calm down, please.

LOL, I'm not the one who wrote a paragraph about an argument with another poster from a day ago.

The part I underlined.. assumption on your part. It's not reality, as evidenced by every other perk item in Legacy.
It's not an assumption. I was stating a fact. If you want to buy with credits you have to have the legacy level requirement. No amount of credits can buy it without it. That makes is part of the price when buying with credits. I am NOT saying you need to have that level to buy with CC. I never said that. I never said it should require it.

If you are looking for a way to somehow establish a "CC price" based on "legacy".... that's a dry hole. Nothing in the existing release of the game supports what you are endeavoring to do.

Even credit costs charged for Legacy perks do not scale or make sense in comparison to what CC prices were set for the same perks.

This is why I asked if someone could post the list of legacy perks with the associated CC cost along with the legacy + credits costs.

I mean, are we discussing what it should cost in CC or not?

If I had to wager a guess I would go with 600 to 800

That being said and since it will be popular, I would charge 1200

May seem a bit high but I can guarantee people would pay that, after all we almost all have bought the knight armor

and that is not cheap

Plus 1200 would be ideal since its two months of earned coins, and most people will be impatient and just fork out twenty bucks

I mean, are we discussing what it should cost in CC or not?

Yes, we are.

And you keep insisting that CC price can be somehow determined by looking at Legacy Level + credit cost for that same perk. You can't. They are all over the map using that approach. So.. you wanting to use that approach to "calculate" what Treek will cost in CC coins is not going to work. I don't understand why that is so hard for you to grasp?

But I'll indulge you for a moment to help you see what I am saying:

Improved Speeder Piloting 1: Legacy 2 + 40K credits Cartel Coin Cost = 475 coins

Improved Speeder Piloting 2: Legacy 3 + 175K credits Cartel Coin Cost = 225 coins

Improved Speeder Piloting 3: Legacy 5 + 250K credits Cartel Coin Cost = 225 coins

TL;DR there is no correlation of cartel coin cost for a legacy perk with the cost in Legacy + Credits, Legacy only, or even credits only.

Edited by Andryah

That being said and since it will be popular, I would charge 1200

May seem a bit high but I can guarantee people would pay that, after all we almost all have bought the knight armor

and that is not cheap

Plus 1200 would be ideal since its two months of earned coins, and most people will be impatient and just fork out twenty bucks

Hehe.. you price gouger you. :p

Yes, we are.

And you keep insisting that CC price can be somehow determined by looking at Legacy Level + credit cost for that same perk. You can't. They are all over the map using that approach. So.. you wanting to use that approach to "calculate" what Treek will cost in CC coins is not going to work. I don't understand why that is so hard for you to grasp?

But I'll indulge you for a moment to help you see what I am saying:

Improved Speeder Piloting 1: Legacy 2 + 40K credits Cartel Coin Cost = 475 coins

Improved Speeder Piloting 2: Legacy 3 + 175K credits Cartel Coin Cost = 225 coins

Improved Speeder Piloting 3: Legacy 5 + 250K credits Cartel Coin Cost = 225 coins

TL;DR there is no correlation of cartel coin cost for a legacy perk and the cost in Legacy + Credits, Legacy only, or even credits only.

Again, I am at work and can't verify this without asking but is Improved Speeder Piloting 1 a requirement for Improved Speeder Piloting 2? Because then the true cost of ISP2 is Both combined.

is Improved Speeder Piloting 1 a requirement for Improved Speeder Piloting 2? Because then the true cost of ISP2 is Both combined.

Yes it is, and it still does NOT correlate.

Nor does it correlate with in game direct purchase of the skills AND you can mix and match how you purchase the different level of speeder skills (in game from trainer, Legacy_credits, and CCs)

Dude.. I see where you are trying to go with this.. I'm telling you that you can't get there.

For LESS coins then required to unlock speeder 1+2+3, I could purchase a Ship GTN (for 900CC) which would require Legacy 25+5Mcredits if I go the Legacy unlock path. Which is precisely why players should do an personal assessment of which path is most economical for them personally on EVERY perk unlock.

Edited by Andryah

Yes it is, and it still does NOT correlate.

Nor does it correlate with in game direct purchase of the skills AND you can mix and match how you purchase the different level of speeder skills (in game from trainer, Legacy_credits, and CCs)

Dude.. I see where you are trying to go with this.. I'm telling you that you can't get there.

For the LESS coins then required to unlock speeder 1+2+3, I could purchase a Ship GTN (for 900CC) which would require Legacy 25+5Mcredits if I go the Legacy unlock path.

I'm not "trying to go" anywhere with this. You're rushing to judgement. I'd like to believe that they don't just toss a dart at a dartboard to determine what things cost and trying to understand the process. Maybe that's it or maybe they don't look at other items for sale and set each price in a vacuum. But if we're going to guess I don't see the harm in making it an educated guess.

The speeder pricing was a poor choice for a comparison but the Ship GTN pricing is actually helpful since it's a single item and not a series of unlocks. Maybe 2000CC then? Then after the first purchase it could be part of the collections feature at a discount (1200CC).

The speeder pricing was a poor choice for a comparison but the Ship GTN pricing is actually helpful since it's a single item and not a series of unlocks. Maybe 2000CC then? Then after the first purchase it could be part of the collections feature at a discount (1200CC).

It will be either 600 or 800 CC. ;) Though they could surprise us and make it 400.

Why? because past pricing trends in the CM support this price range. 600-800 is a sweet spot that is easily within reach of players and will generate excellent sales. 600-800 also supports the average free market exchange rate for 1M credits...though it's not clear that Treek will be a tradable unlock. There is no price support or precedent for your suggestion of 2000.

As for discounts for subsequent unlocks.. difficult to tell on that. There is no precedent in Legacy Perks for that. There is precedent in Collections, but there is no precedent for a companion in collections (yet).

Edited by Andryah

It will be either 600 or 800 CC. ;)

Why? because past pricing trends in the CM support this price range. 600-800 is a sweet spot that is easily within reach of players and will generate excellent sales. There is no price support or precedent for your suggestion of 2000.

As for discounts for subsequent unlocks.. difficult to tell on that. There is no precedent in Legacy Perks for that. There is precedent in Collections, but there is no precedent for a companion in collections (yet).

Well, there's no precedent for purchasing a companion either hehe. I mean, HK you had to unlock Section X for access to it and that was only 600cc but then you still had to do the quest (and of course subscribers got that for free). I wonder if F2P will have to unlock the new daily area as well.

Oh and armor sets are 1200cc aren't they?