Regarding Artificing + level 50 gear

Esaru

Okay so the whole point of artificing is to make mods and upgrades for lightsabers and armour and whatnot. At first this seemed all fine and dandy until someone told me that the end-game armour isn't moddable and most of the stats are fixed.

So what exactly is the point of being an Artificer? I feel like I just completely wasted all this time, effort, credits and mats for absolutely no reason. Unless it has some other spectacular feature I don't know about (and no, creating crappy relics isn't what I call useful) then why even go artificing at all?

Edited by Esaru

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has mods, at least the PvP sets do. Only issue is they're much higher level than what you'll be able to craft. Even Ilum/Belsavis dailies give Advanced 50/51 mods/armoring/enhancements.

Artifice is a bad choice :\

Edited by TradewindNQ

There's honestly no point. I hate it, but it's true. I was really looking forward to this broad crafting system with it's reverse engineering and it's various schematics you can learn through it. I was looking forward to trying to get them all eventually on my characters.

Problem is though, they made the awful mistake of following WoW in the "Crafting is for levelers" nonsense. Raid gear has to be superior to everything. Problem is, people who're leveling replace gear so often that it's not worthwhile to craft it. They end up using quest gear or orange items. The 50s are going to be using raid gear, or at least hard-mode flashpoint gear. This leaves crafting gear in a limbo, where it's too cumbersome to use while leveling and too weak to use once you're done.

If I were you, I'd focus on unlocking the advanced hilt recipes. People will use plenty of those for their orange weapons, but the mods are likely the only things you'll have any luck selling, or using on alts.

Because I'm absolutely 100% positive that the schematics we have in game are all we will ever get, and no future improvements will ever me made to any of the crafting skills and what we have from launch three weeks ago is all we will ever get from BioWare, I am going to agree with your post.

because the only people buying stuff are level 50's. :rolleyes: you can make a lot of money catering to lower levels, levels of which most people are on at this current time.

i wouldn't drop your skill just yet. bioware will either nerf biochem and keep the crew skills universally bad, or they will add an appropriate perk to each skill. if the latter happens, i bet you'll be pretty sad about dropping your skill.

Because I'm absolutely 100% positive that the schematics we have in game are all we will ever get, and no future improvements will ever me made to any of the crafting skills and what we have from launch three weeks ago is all we will ever get from BioWare, I am going to agree with your post.

Give this guy a medal please

The point is there's no use for this skill late game. Why did they even design something so poor in the first place, huh? Can you tell me that?

Why create a crafting skill that becomes obsolete late game? :rolleyes:

Better yet, why not pick Biochem over any other crafting skill?

Edited by Esaru

The point is there's no use for this skill late game. Why did they even design something so poor in the first place, huh? Can you tell me that?

You don't understand how gear progression works in MMOS, do you? Nor how things are added to professions over time to keep them relevant.

So the problem is that you're late game 2 weeks after release then, yes?

I'd say the issue was the wildly fast leveling system, not that artificing is broken.

So the problem is that you're late game 2 weeks after release then, yes?

I'd say the issue was the wildly fast leveling system, not that artificing is broken.

How about having a working crafting system before the game release?

Geez, you people are hilarious, lol

Should I just hope that it's going to magically become useful? That's your solution here? :rolleyes:

Edited by Esaru

As far as I can tell, all crafted items that are wearable are out trumped by the tier 1 loot from hard modes and the loot you get from Eternity Vault blasts it out of the water.

Mods or not.

I agree, you should be able to turn these items in for schematics to craft mods, and then to make the mods you have to loot the items and then use it as part of the schematic to make the epic mods. It would work both ways. People could craft the mods by breaking down the looted items, and people could mod their custom gear to be as epic as the looted mods.

It doesnt work that way right now, and the crafters are getting the shaft at level 50. However, the loot from the drops are pretty epic. just wish I could customize the looks.

You don't understand how gear progression works in MMOS, do you? Nor how things are added to professions over time to keep them relevant.

Tell me, how is Artificing going to stay relevant if the end game gear doesn't have mods? Do you think they're going to change their entire system and introduce orange moddable end-game gear anytime soon?

Drop the assumptions too, I've played every MMO on the market.

Tell me, how is Artificing going to stay relevant if the end game gear doesn't have mods? Do you think they're going to change their entire system and introduce orange moddable end-game gear anytime soon?

Because things will be added in time. If you have played every MMO on the market, which is quite an exaggeration, you understand that fact.

WoW has the shttiest crafting system of any MMO ive ever played and it serves little to no purpose outside of mana pots and the occasional gem. Its a joke.

At the other extreme was SWG where the most widespread gear was crafter made and the high end pieces reuired to craft them came from raids. Crafting stays extremely relevant and without raiding you cant have the best gear.

Having the best gear come from some easy daily quests at level 50 is a bad joke.

Because things will be added in time. If you have played every MMO on the market, which is quite an exaggeration, you understand that fact.

You're missing the point entirely.

It's not about a lack of end-game things to do for Artificer. It becomes 100% USELESS. It needs a COMPLETE overhaul to be even slightly useful. This isn't as simple as adding some new things to craft. Not sure why this is so hard to understand

I also don't know why you think this is acceptable.

Edited by Esaru

WoW has the shttiest crafting system of any MMO ive ever played and it serves little to no purpose outside of mana pots and the occasional gem.

Yeah, except for all that gear that you make to begins raiding, and to begin each new tier of raiding when new recipes are released for each tier.

How about having a working crafting system before the game release?

Geez, you people are hilarious, lol

Should I just hope that it's going to magically become useful? That's your solution here? :rolleyes:

I love that you're letting the point WHOOSH by your head, and pretending it's everyone else not getting it.

All of the endgame content, right now, is broken on different levels of that word. Artificing works just fine up to 50, where everything breaks. But yes, you're right. Obviously if artificing was working for end game, everything else would just magically fall into place -- and screw fixing stuff that is legitimately game breaking, lets take a working crew skill and worry about people who hit 50 in two weeks rather than actual content.

I'm a 400 artificer myself, and if I list the things broken that I'm concerned about this isn't one of them. They can easily add new recipies.. but, you know, I sure hope they fix pvp and hard mode operations (the actual content) first, so that I have something to use those upgrades on.

Edited by Drakks

Surprisingly you still haven't learned to just go with the flow and let the dev's ..... Ya know... develope the game.

Baffling