Walk Back after wipes in EC Brutal

The walk back just to the second boss after wiping is brutal. It's a good 3-4 minutes+ wasted after every wipe. Isn't there at least some sort of speeder that can be implemented at the start to bring down all the down time?

With sprint on going non stop it currently takes 2 1/2 minutes from landing on Denova to get to the second boss's room. Add on a good 30 seconds + of loading screens, entering the instance, and taking the shuttle down, then making sure everyone gets there and buffed up really puts an annoyance on the wait times.

At the very least have it so you can mount up in the cave.

Edited by Zatheyll

The walk back just to the second boss after wiping is brutal. It's a good 3-4 minutes+ wasted after every wipe. Isn't there at least some sort of speeder that can be implemented at the start to bring down all the down time?

There is an speeder for 3rd boss, after you defeat second, you can use mounts anyway

Our guild calls those speeders "piss bikes" because it's a perfect opportunity to take a piss while on that speeder lol

Walk back to the 2nd boss is only annoying because of one thing ... LOADING TIMES. It's just ridiculous you have to go through three loading times (if you also count the short cutscene before the boss) and even with SSD 3 these loading times are surprisingly long.

FFS... are you people serious?

Run times are too much for you now? You'd rather just zone in to an arena, fight 5 bosses, and leave right?

Actually, that's dumb. Let us zone in and just open treasure chests. It will save so much time.

I just wish there was a med center inside the raid zones. It's ludicrous to have to spend the time to load into the Fleet only to turn around and zone back into the raid zone.

Med centers would also allow a story reason for the supporting troops in Denova to set up field medic stations for us to rezz at rather than mess with speeders period.

Shoot, maybe give a "field medic station" as a guild perk that we can put down and rezz at. The obvious answer to me to prevent death rushing bosses is to just to prevent people from rezzing in the zone while the boss is in combat.

I've done much longer walks in an MMO... you'll be just fine.

And if it does impede on your play time.... adjust your play time.

It is irrelevant whether you have done longer walks in an MMO before or not. Big deal.

After years and years of raiding, I'm personally tired of seeing so much time wasted getting everyone back there and prepared for the next attempt.

Add up the time it takes to run back after each wipe each night over the course of weeks and pretty soon you'll have "time spent running back" measuring in hours, not seconds.

For the record, I thought the speeder trip in EV to the puzzle was too long too. It was long enough that I could easily go make a sandwich before I landed. That's too long in these days and times. We should be respawning in the zone at a med center just outside the boss area after we clear the trash around it.

Meh, i just think of them as the walk of shame and leave it at that.

The only video games I've ever played that allows instant access to boss fights you just failed to down, usually have some sort of limit on the number of attempts before you must restart the level all over. Other games just send you back to some check point and make you kill of trash again for each attempt.

It can go both ways in MMO's as well so the complaint really does just come down to laziness and wanting less punishment for wipes.

Meh, i just think of them as the walk of shame and leave it at that.

The only video games I've ever played that allows instant access to boss fights you just failed to down, usually have some sort of limit on the number of attempts before you must restart the level all over. Other games just send you back to some check point and make you kill of trash again for each attempt.

It can go both ways in MMO's as well so the complaint really does just come down to laziness and wanting less punishment for wipes.

The wasted time fighting the boss that led to the wipe, the repair cost and the time to review what went wrong and resetup for the next pull is more than enough "punishment" for me. We don't need an additional 2 to 2.5 minute drive back on top of it. After 10 wipes, that 2/2.5 minute drive back is pushing towards 30 minutes of wasted raid time.

Edited by Raeln

The wasted time fighting the boss that led to the wipe, the repair cost and the time to review what went wrong and resetup for the next pull is more than enough "punishment" for me. We don't need an additional 2 to 2.5 minute drive back on top of it. After 10 wipes, that 2/2.5 minute drive back is pushing towards 30 minutes of wasted raid time.

The wasted 20 minutes of me driving home for work on top of the 8 hours already spent is unnecessary as well....we should get teleporters!

iKid

The wasted 20 minutes of me driving home for work on top of the 8 hours already spent is unnecessary as well....we should get teleporters!

iKid

I had a one-way commute of an hour for 12 years. I know all about how "wasting time" feels and wasting 2 hours of it a day is the worst. It probably played a part into me developing a hatred for wasting time in game - be it filling a raid group, waiting for people to take numerous AFKs, or wasting time running back over and over.

The good thing is my ops group has a very high comedic value. It's easy to offset my frustration with waiting when we are falling out of our chairs laughing.

The runs are not too bad but bioware have done as much as they can to make them a pain.

First boss is OK.

Second boss a *****. No speeder to after first boss and have to dismount through the tunnel!

Third boss could be OK. Unnecessary speeder time and should put you on the other side of the tunnel.

Fourth boss the same as third.

I just wish there was a med center inside the raid zones. It's ludicrous to have to spend the time to load into the Fleet only to turn around and zone back into the raid zone.

This. We shouldn't be dumped out of the instance after a wipe. In fact, put a med center right after each boss, and let us speeder in caves. Nobody is going to tell my BH he can't ride his speeder in a cave, in a warzone, in enemy territory. Same thing in Karaagas, I'm going there to kill him so I should be able to speeder wherever I damn well want to.

Edited by XavinNydek