Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malgus after Onslaught. !(Spoilers allowed!)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Malgus after Onslaught. !(Spoilers allowed!)

MrMcmadness
12.08.2019 , 08:15 PM | #21
My main imp character I rped agreeing with Malgus on how to improve the empire but disagreed with his methods. He (and by extension myself) thinks it needs be done from within rather then by force.

That and he hated the idea of bowing to someone else after working so hard to get on the council.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.

MikeCobalt
12.09.2019 , 04:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I think Malgus will be the next Emperor. He'll kill Acina/Vowran out of revenge and desire to rule the Empire.

Acina/Vowran can both die at some point in the story, so it would be easier just to have one person fill the role of Emperor.
This is what I think also. This "Council" now is Pathetic, all *Except for Vowrawn that is. They're all weak and from what I've seen in the Sith side of "Onslaught" spend a good amount of time Kissing Acina's A*s (Pathetic). They reminded me of the young Imperial officers in TFA, No backbone, No dignity, No professionalism and embarrassing.
Savik is absolutely useless
Shaar is ok at planning but outside of that there's nothing else
Krovos totally arrogant but again, outside of talking, there's nothing (Her cutting off my speech in "Hearts & "Minds" was bad enough and started the "Lacky to the Empire/Faction" issue again.
Anathel Didn't even try to fight back

Which brings me to Acina, She's a weak leader not even earning her way into the seat she now holds and I totally believe the "Returned Malgus eliminated her competition *After.. Zakuul slaughtered most of them" (Double Don't Deserve).
I would *Assume Malgus will again try to "Take Power & Authority" which I would support, if that Includes killing Acina (for those that sided with the Empire at Iokath), Simplifying the stories with "1" Imperial/Sith top and Finally giving Malgus the position I believe he's deserved all along, this would be a very good move for the game and most of all, the Stories.

Keep Vowrawn in the council, most people seem to like him and he has had large roles in the stories already. Let Malgus hang around doing what he does (War, just that simple) and I do believe he was not intended to die Permanently in the "False Emperor" flashpoint and the S.I. *Keeps their seat in the council possibly with a scene there from time to time but not missing out on anything outside either.

MrMcmadness
12.09.2019 , 08:24 PM | #23
I'd rather Vowrawn be the emperor personally and just have Malgus be the enforcer. I think Malgus has good ideas but I think he's a brute more than a proper leader.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig. This sig loves you.

adormitul
12.10.2019 , 02:00 PM | #24
Vowrawn is not good at anything besides planning and he still is on the council(longest serving member ever) if you are smart but weak in fighting you can be on the council.

VelvetSanity
12.10.2019 , 08:35 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceDefender View Post
Yes, I know there were post about it, but would like to create another with few questions.

1. What do you think will Malgus do in next story patches?
2. How do you think why and for what purpose Malgus wanted ships and a droid at the end of Onslaught?
Just to escape, to prepere revenge or something entirely different?
3. Am I only one that would love to make Malgus a new Emperor of Empire? Do you think it will be possible?
1. I'm guessing either he'll try to convince us (as Alliance Commander) to help him overthrow Acina/Vowrawn, or else he'll turn up in the mess to deal with Valkorion's "resurrection plague" and make a headache out of that. possibly both at the same time.
2. The droid was a medical droid, he wanted it to finish healing him. I'm pretty sure he only wanted one ship, not multiple, to facilitate his escape.
3. If Marr were still alive, he'd have my vote. Not sure if Malgus would be better or worse than Acina/Vowrawn. And it's entirely possible that helping Malgus become Emperor is planned for a future story arc.
Pre-CU Bria refugee
Syvari Lun - Cathar Jedi Sage
Darth Vaccina - Twi’lek Sith Sorceress
Anlavi - Pureblood Sith Marauder

irrevelant
12.12.2019 , 07:47 AM | #26
Again? Please no!!!!
Can we finally get an option to join him? He is awesome character and I don't want to kill him again.
To be honest. My imperial characters would have joined him in the first time, if they could. He is still the authoritarian slaver, but not racist. This is a step to the right direction already.

Another civil war would prolong the fall of the Republic for Imperial characters since they are clearly winning right now. But i would add the main character to the list of potential Emperor. Especially, if they are Sith themselves. Damn just imagined female Sith Inquisitor ruling as Empress with Malgus as Emperor.

irrevelant
12.12.2019 , 07:57 AM | #27
Yes, I know there were post about it, but would like to create another with few questions.

1. What do you think will Malgus do in next story patches?
2. How do you think why and for what purpose Malgus wanted ships and a droid at the end of Onslaught?
Just to escape, to prepere revenge or something entirely different?
3. Am I only one that would love to make Malgus a new Emperor of Empire? Do you think it will be possible?
I'm not entirely sure, that Malgus wants to rule. To me it seems, that he prefers to fight in the frontline rather than sitting on a throne. Did not attempted to run during his flashpoint, and even mentions, that he loves battle. Would be nice for a change, if a Sith lord would decide to ignore politics, and just live for the battles. Civil war might come from the other Dark Council members plotting against each other, and force Malgus to interfere for the sake of Imperial interests.

To be honest i think, that the Main Character would be the most reasonable Emperor/Empress. Especially for force users, but since KOTET i consider all main character as force user even if the game mechanism doesn't reflect it. We could easily say, that they got some of Valkorion's power still.

So if i were wrote the Imperial side of the story, then i would make a civil war with the Council members plotting against the current ruler, and each other. Malgus would explain, that the main character should take the throne as (s)he is far the strongest. At that point you could agree, and Malgus would help you getting it, or disagree, and choose someone you side with. Malgus would surprisingly outright refuse to become Emperor. Stating, that he prefers to fight in battles rather than controlling from background, and that the only reason he wants to interfere is, because he would like to destroy the Republic once and for all as top priority. "Once the Republic is gone, and the Galaxy is ours. We can afford to turn on each other. But until then. Better keep casualties to minimum."

irrevelant
12.12.2019 , 08:05 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeCobalt View Post
Keep Vowrawn in the council, most people seem to like him and he has had large roles in the stories already.
Would be interesting, if Vowrawn is Emperor, and when you go there to remove him, then he would simply. Step down. Stating, that the strong rules, and Malgus is clearly stronger, and the Commander is even stronger. He would simply know his place, and would not throw his life away for his pride. Though that would cut the story short. If the Commander is a Dark Council member, then he offer to take the Commander's seat in the council, keep Malgus as Wrath, and the Commander takes the throne.

ConfusedPORO
12.12.2019 , 10:56 AM | #29
I hope my SW can tell him to stuff it and finally turn him into scrap.

Honestly i find him utterly insufferable, he's a 70 year old fart who killed his lover for no reason, and ever since then has a messiah complex.

He's a warrior, NOTHING more. He only thinks about brute strength, and has no mind for strategy or politics.

The guy belongs in a nursery, not on the throne.

adormitul
12.12.2019 , 02:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ConfusedPORO View Post
I hope my SW can tell him to stuff it and finally turn him into scrap.

Honestly i find him utterly insufferable, he's a 70 year old fart who killed his lover for no reason, and ever since then has a messiah complex.

He's a warrior, NOTHING more. He only thinks about brute strength, and has no mind for strategy or politics.

The guy belongs in a nursery, not on the throne.
What he is an good strategist and is good at politics for what is worth. The sacking of Coruscant was his tactic the jedi assault was his also and was an success. And in the Battle of Ilum he managed to get powerful warlords, generals even crime bosses, powerful sith including the best diplomat the empire had in Darth Severus who managed to bring the Voss to join Malgus. Even if Severus brought all his allies the fact that he managed to bring the best diplomat on his side proves he has political skills as the best thing an ruler can do is finding and recruiting the best people for the right jobs.