GG hosted Server PVP tournament 12/8

Laynalan

Hello fellow Ebon Hawkers,

As Game Genie's Social Liaison I would like to extend to all an invitation to Game Genie's Server-Wide PVP Tournament. Here are the details:

Teams are 5 vs. 5

Date is Dec. 8th, 9pm est

Place: Outlaw's Den

Entry fee: 150,000 per team

we will award cash prizes to the winner and 2nd place finishers.

Teams that have confirmed and any other details will be updated in this thread.

Send all inquires and entry fee's to Laynalan

Hope to see you there!

Teams that have posted their rosters:

Car Ramrod is back and good to go!

Spooner

Raando

Vaul'akar'tazin

Nomurface

Tor'barr

Paid entry fee

Team Apocalypse:

Rafter Badger

Garjida

Stevanos

Lingling

Chewybacon

Paid entry fee

Team yeah dude:

Jevy

Bay

Arina

Dizeren

Tuvor

ALT: Vintal

paid entry fee

Team BDSM ERP

Alexís

Kunis

Laynalan

Durz

(And a to be named Healer)

Paid entry fee

the following team:

Dashto - Bodyguard Mercenary (DPS - Unload And Power Shot)

Pebkac - Bodyguard Mercenary (Heals)

Faerie - Bodyguard Mercenary (Heals)

Kolten - Bodyguard Mercenary (Heals)

Vind're - Bodyguard Mercenary (Heals)

Paid entry fee

Team Informers:

Ryph

Toshirou

Kero

Aydrell

Courmac

Paid entry fee

Team Sidewinders:

Sar

Drazzen

Dansully

Richgoose

TBA

Paid entry fee

Edited by Laynalan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense Laynalan but I don't think anyone wants to go to a tournament hosted by Game Genie. The stuff you guys pulled/are pulling in the Outlaws Den is down right egregious. There is noway I would ever PvP with or against you if given the opportunity. You guys can just go to ****. Edited by AlanShore

I am actually curious to why 5v5 was chosen. 5s, in my experience, have always been the most imbalanced bracket. The winner pretty much goes to who gets the first kill especially if you guys plan on rolling 5 faceroll dps. 2s can go on forever, never a good option. 3s have always been my favorite arena bracket because they are the best balanced bracket.

But anyway, thanks for hosting this. I am looking forward to possibly entering this myself.

I think all the "brackets" have their pros and cons. I'm pretty sure everyone noticed that successful comps for the 3v3 was very limited. With a 5v5 it will allow for more variety of classes. I'm excited about it and I'm hoping to bring a team. :)

I get the feeling there's a story here that I missed. I hope it's not just QQ. :s

Not just QQ. Game Genie spent at least several hours of the first day trying to keep anyone else from getting the HK-51 part from the vendor in outlaws den They wouldn't let people from either side get to the vendor. After 3 hours I just gave up.

BUT... their griefing the other night does not mean that they will not honor a verbal contract made with and/or in front of the servers top guilds.

They have hosted PvP tournaments before and honored all agreements as far as I know, and they will do so again in the future.

? tho... Layn, who are you in game? Just so we all have a point of contact. I spend far too much time looking at my teams Health Bars, lol.

Laynalan is my toons name. I'm usually on a little later in the evening if anyone has questions.

I am actually curious to why 5v5 was chosen. 5s, in my experience, have always been the most imbalanced bracket. The winner pretty much goes to who gets the first kill especially if you guys plan on rolling 5 faceroll dps. 2s can go on forever, never a good option. 3s have always been my favorite arena bracket because they are the best balanced bracket.

But anyway, thanks for hosting this. I am looking forward to possibly entering this myself.

5's were chosen because it offers more flexibility of team composition , they also require a good knowledge of game mechanics and adaptability. Plus 5's are fun to play and more exciting to watch.

Hope to hear from teams soon! I will post team rosters here as soon as people tell me who is going.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm bumping this so Game Genie can see how no teams want to participate in their tournament. You brought this on yourselves Game Genie! :cool:

Takes two to tango. Game Genie plays well, and other people QQ and ***** about it. The QQers are the ones making such a big deal about GG, not the GG players. >.>

Maybe we should just rename the server to "The Whiney Hawk"? It's a better fit.

I lost much of my rated team due to folks leaving SWTOR. I'm working on putting a team together for this though. I like the 5v5 idea. A little more flexibility with group comp than 3v3.

<Hex> will do its best to be there.

I would make a quick request for tourney rules: no match resets on disconnects. If a teammate DC's, you play down a man.

Maybe we should just rename the server to "The Whiney Hawk"? It's a better fit.

Quoted for Truth, the amount of pvp related QQ lately is overboard.

Zen will be there, however, we have not decided on a final team.

As the tournament hosts I think it would motivate other potential teams if GG were to post their team/teams.

Also, you guys should state any rules ahead of time (DC issues/Combat revive/NO ONE IN THE PIT WHO IS NOT FIGHTING/etc).

Also, you guys should state any rules ahead of time (DC issues/Combat revive/NO ONE IN THE PIT WHO IS NOT FIGHTING/etc).

One of the fun parts of fighting in that pit is that audience members will occasionally get targeted and yoinked, or otherwise lit up. I think it's hilarious, and a match should never be stopped if this happens. It also raises the skill cap a bit: camera-angle and clean target acquisition are part of the game. It kinda gives it that "Thunderdome" feel.

Plus I'd hate to discourage the occasional streaker.

I'd say the fewer rules the better: anything that you can do in a ranked WZ is kosher. Likewise if someone DC's, you suck it up and play on.

It ain't my tourney though, so do what you will. Just some suggestions...

So there is no confusion:

battle rez, stealth/rez BY TEAM MEMBERS will be allowed. No one who IS NOT CURRENTLY IN THE MATCH should be in the pit or try to effect the game in any other way , except for talking ****, which will be allowed because it is very entertaining. If you DC your team must play without you, so please make sure your connection is reliable. If someone gets pulled into the pit because of bad targeting, play on.

One of the fun parts of fighting in that pit is that audience members will occasionally get targeted and yoinked, or otherwise lit up. I think it's hilarious, and a match should never be stopped if this happens. It also raises the skill cap a bit: camera-angle and clean target acquisition are part of the game. It kinda gives it that "Thunderdome" feel.

Plus I'd hate to discourage the occasional streaker.

I'd say the fewer rules the better: anything that you can do in a ranked WZ is kosher. Likewise if someone DC's, you suck it up and play on.

It ain't my tourney though, so do what you will. Just some suggestions...

In the last tournament we had someone stealth into the pit and come out of stealth in the corner during one of our matches, this is what I am referring to.