Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Galactic Alliance vs Phantom Hegemony

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Galactic Alliance vs Phantom Hegemony

Beniboybling
10.17.2014 , 05:09 PM | #701
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
I know. But I am unsure if such a small force, that isn't even specialized jamming ships, can stop all communications from a hub such as Bothuwui. And with that shield, it is unlikely the PH can even get in.
Munificents are specialized jamming ships, they're technology is state of the art.

Not only would they proceed covertly, but shields work both ways, if no one can get in, no one can get out.

karadron
10.17.2014 , 05:10 PM | #702
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Alright then.

Of course this can play right into the GA's hands. As it stands then the PH has to deploy their troops two at a time per MTT at a predetermined rate. Whilst the GA troops can already be on foot.

The biggest issue will be the terrain, which will inmost cases here force them into single file. Take out the front one and the ones behind it will have to clear the way.

After thought: The Bothans and Bel Iblis have in the past had a mutually beneficial relationship. Why would they trade a partner that has helped them with one who has not?

After after thought: Even then traveling to Bothawui from Bastion is practically traveling across the galaxy, the time it would take to do that...

After after after thought: I find it more likely that the Spynet would have time to sabotage or mess with Baktoid before anything could be done against them due to proximity. As well any supplies coming from Geonosis will have to pass by both Bothawui and Aridus.

Silenceo
10.17.2014 , 05:11 PM | #703
Munificents are specialized jamming ships, they're technology is state of the art.

Not only would they proceed covertly, but shields work both ways, if no one can get in, no one can get out.
Why would they need to get out? They deal in information, not spice.

And Munificients aren't dedicated jamming vessels. They are warships, with good jamming equipment. Regardless, still not enough to jam an entire planet.

Side Note: I also doubt the I.I. could get a lock on the location of the GA fleet. See movies for examples of the GE having no clue at all where the rebels are for examples. That is I.I. vs Bothan Spynetwork right there!
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Aurbere
10.17.2014 , 05:19 PM | #704
Wolf, if you could enlighten us on the equipment and capabilities of the Rebel SpecForce, that would be appreciated.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Silenceo
10.17.2014 , 05:21 PM | #705
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Wolf, if you could enlighten us on the equipment and capabilities of the Rebel SpecForce, that would be appreciated.
I do believe he mentioned a "Droid Deactivation Signal" that was recorded at the end of the Clone wars.

/sarcasm

That would be much too easy. Though, if a force of CIS droids went against any faction with Nute Gunray, he likely could do something stupidly OP like that.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Aurbere
10.17.2014 , 05:25 PM | #706
I do believe he mentioned a "Droid Deactivation Signal" that was recorded at the end of the Clone wars.

/sarcasm

That would be much too easy. Though, if a force of CIS droids went against any faction with Nute Gunray, he likely could do something stupidly OP like that.
I'm trying to figure out what this has to do with my request.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Silenceo
10.17.2014 , 05:27 PM | #707
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'm trying to figure out what this has to do with my request.
I think the official term is, "Lightening the mood" or some such none-sense of a name.

Aurbere
10.17.2014 , 05:30 PM | #708
I think the official term is, "Lightening the mood" or some such none-sense of a name.
Ooohh.

I get it.

Beniboybling
10.17.2014 , 05:39 PM | #709
Why would they need to get out? They deal in information, not spice.

And Munificients aren't dedicated jamming vessels. They are warships, with good jamming equipment. Regardless, still not enough to jam an entire planet.

Side Note: I also doubt the I.I. could get a lock on the location of the GA fleet. See movies for examples of the GE having no clue at all where the rebels are for examples. That is I.I. vs Bothan Spynetwork right there!
Contrary to popular belief, not everyone on Bothawui is a spy.

There are two of them, and one Lucrehulk could jam an entire planet. I see no reason why not.

Yes yes let me just take a we look at the movies (watches the Empire predict the Rebels every move, including the opening scene featuring Vader tracking down Leia and capturing her), I.I vs the Spynet right there...

Silenceo
10.17.2014 , 05:43 PM | #710
Contrary to popular belief, not everyone on Bothawui is a spy.

There are two of them, and one Lucrehulk could jam an entire planet. I see no reason why not.

Yes yes let me just take a we look at the movies (watches the Empire predict the Rebels every move, including the opening scene featuring Vader tracking down Leia and capturing her), I.I vs the Spynet right there...
Congratz, you found a princess who was on a "peace mission".

I was referring more to Empire Strikes Back where the Empire is scouring the galaxy and can't find them, relying on brute force method of Probe Droids.