Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Galactic Alliance vs Phantom Hegemony

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Galactic Alliance vs Phantom Hegemony

Silenceo
10.30.2014 , 09:49 AM | #1181
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
OK I don't want to drag this out so I'll respond so I'll avoid opinions and deal with the facts.

If you wish to not drag it out, surrender! I still see opinions, with a smidge of facts.

Quote:
1. I didn't notice. Translation: Savage eats blasters for breakfast.
That is only because he has some pretty good armor. No armor lasts forever though. At the end count the blaster bolts! That is small time compared to how fast he will get focused by the 501st, which assaulted the JEDI TEMPLE. This isn't just a single battle, this is an entire War. His armor will not last the entire thing and I wouldn't be surprised if he fell when his armor gave way. Also to note he could obviously feel pain from those shots if his anger is anything to judge by, very similar to when he got shocked by Dooku.

Quote:
2. My point was that they are not advanced enough to deal with the advanced counter abilities their enemy posseses e.g. advanced stealth field generators and other covert equipment. And all Intel agents are equally awesome.

In regards to Imperial Intelligence, not only is Bastion hours away, but Intelligence is everywhere.
Storm Commandos do not have advanced stealth field generators... They do not even have BASIC stealth field generators Beni. Everyone and their grandma's have weighed in on this piece, they simply are invisible to basic sensors, not the eyes. As for the I.I. am I the only one that is a bit worried that Intelligence agencies are supplying combat troops in the last few matches? Considering they are Organizations which are stated to be unable to manufacture/give troops to the Faction, that is the job of the Supplier... Other than that, I still think they would be met with relatively low success due to the circumstances of the battle.

Quote:
3. Evidence? Even CIS intelligence managed to pull this off on Christophsis.
Are you referring to that one clone trooper? So many things wrong with that arc to begin with, but the fact a clone rebelled so early in the clone war... *shiver* Anyways, that was before the days of Imperial Indoctrination, where storm troopers became even MORE brainwashed to obey their superiors than the clones.

Quote:
4. Very general and vague? Seriously though, care to elaborate? Seems a bit harsh.
Search your feelings, you know it to be true... For the most part I am referring to the times where you basically have given one or two small reasons as to why the GA's multiple big reasons won't work. Such as for the defense of the AT-TE's, or the effectiveness of rebel spec forces. Or the effect that the 501st would have on the battle. Though, TX's are so ftw at taking out your slow vehicles, there was a few flimsy excuses in that one as well from the PH's side... All I am saying is that while there are many good points from the PH, there are also quite a few weaker ones, not saying the GA doesn't have its own share of course. Not every point can be Hercules strong you know!

Quote:
5. Yup, that's right, nothing more for the opposition to do here.
It is useless to resist...

Now, if we ever get to a conclusion, Aurbere can call this thing...
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

Aurbere
10.30.2014 , 10:09 AM | #1182
Alright, alright, alright. Points are counted and a decision has been made. I'll be writing up a scenario and getting it posted today.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
10.30.2014 , 10:28 AM | #1183
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Alright, alright, alright. Points are counted and a decision has been made. I'll be writing up a scenario and getting it posted today.
So Beni...

Next match today?

Ohh, I haz idea. Write it up now while you wait for Aurbere, and neither is allowed to post until the other is ready
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Celéna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Aurbere
10.30.2014 , 10:50 AM | #1184
OK, I've eaten lunch so now I'm going to get to writing the scenario.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
10.30.2014 , 12:35 PM | #1185
OK, the scenario is all written up. I went a little bit overboard with it, so it's kind of long, but there was a lot to get out for this one.

Scenario:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Point Total by Category (with descriptions):

Spoiler

Final Thoughts:

Spoiler

Congratulations to both sides are in order, good debating everyone.

Beniboybling
10.30.2014 , 12:52 PM | #1186
You really had me at the end there with Jaina, beezebus.

Anyway awesome scenario and great debate, I must admit I was pushed to my limits and Karadron made some pretty impressive points I had not prepared for. For my first Kaggath I most definitely enjoyed myself.

See you in the Semi-Finals Silenceo.

Beniboybling
10.30.2014 , 12:53 PM | #1187
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
So Beni...

Next match today?

Ohh, I haz idea. Write it up now while you wait for Aurbere, and neither is allowed to post until the other is ready
Unfortunately we have some admin to get done. Namely allowing folks to make minor changes to their factions, filing and dealing with any requests for rule changes, and perhaps discussing the possibility of a losers bracket.

In conjunction with that I'm going to post the matchups in advance, so folks can prepare.

I am pretty busy today, but hopefully can get the ball rolling on that. Good thing however is that we have the weekend, and next week I am on a holiday of sorts so I should be able to pick up the pace and maybe plan ahead.

Aurbere
10.30.2014 , 12:57 PM | #1188
You really had me at the end there with Jaina, beezebus.

Anyway awesome scenario and great debate, I must admit I was pushed to my limits and Karadron made some pretty impressive points I had not prepared for. For my first Kaggath I most definitely enjoyed myself.

See you in the Semi-Finals Silenceo.
Well, with the points being so close I had to make it tense at the end.

This was a really great debate. Both sides make some really good points, and I can agree that I didn't see some of them coming.

Aurbere
10.30.2014 , 01:00 PM | #1189
Unfortunately we have some admin to get done. Namely allowing folks to make minor changes to their factions, filing and dealing with any requests for rule changes, and perhaps discussing the possibility of a losers bracket.

In conjunction with that I'm going to post the matchups in advance, so folks can prepare.

I am pretty busy today, but hopefully can get the ball rolling on that. Good thing however is that we have the weekend, and next week I am on a holiday of sorts so I should be able to pick up the pace and maybe plan ahead.
Are winners going to be allowed to make a minor change? Because I have one in mind for my faction.

I would also like to see a loser's bracket, for the same reasons as last time.

Beniboybling
10.30.2014 , 01:13 PM | #1190
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Are winners going to be allowed to make a minor change? Because I have one in mind for my faction.

I would also like to see a loser's bracket, for the same reasons as last time.
Yes they would.