Scheduled Maintenance: June 12th, 2013 [UPDATED 6:45AM PDT]

AmberGreen

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the people defending Bioware on this one, are you serious?

Reading people saying that this is a step up because they caught an unstable patch before deploying it? Please, after the record fail of the last patch (from bugs to XP user incompatibility ), they should have made DAMN SURE 2.2 would deploy smoothly.

I've been here off and on since pre-launch, and will none-biasly say Bioware has given the SWTOR community ZERO reason to have any trust in their claims regarding:

-subscriber benefits

-future of the game

-Any current promises/plans

Its almost funny, the lack of effort and sheer deceit they manage this game with. Never seen anything like it.

FAIL-***********-TOR

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you an update on Paid Character Transfers since I know you have been curious about it with the delay of 2.2. Unfortunately, we have come across some bugs that are present with Character Transfers, specifically around Achievements. We definitely want to insure that we are providing the best service possible when you pay to transfer your character.

Know that unlike Game Update 2.2, fixing this is a bit more involved and so Paid Character Transfers will no longer be launching with 2.2. This is entirely subject to change as we work through it, but the next likely launch target is 2.2.1. I apologize for the delay on this, I know many of you were looking forward to transferring your characters this week. We will get it out as soon as we can!

-eric

Ha Ha!

Otherwise not to be expected.

Edited by GNWP

Good god this has to be a joke. Paid Character transfers are so long overdue..then we finally got word about them for 2.1...then that was delayed to 2.2...and now 2.2.1.

And its the same problem that stopped them from going through on 2.1, Achievements, which are an extremely minor part of the game. So I have to keep characters marooned on a dead server for longer while this joke of a patch comes through ?

This is pathetic.

Patch 2.2 :

Here's a content patch!

What's in it ?

A hard mode of a pre-existing raid!

What else ?

One set of gear per class, linked to the raid!

What else ?

A Big ol' middle finger, because we couldn't hit our timing quota for updates that we said so we'll shove this down your throat, oh and its gonna be delayed too.

ignorant fanboy.

Right... I'm a fanboy for calling someone who isn't even subscribed to the game yet ranting on it a wanna-be troll? Would a fanboy write this?

This is rediculous. Paid transfers were supposed to launch in 2.1 and were delayed for the same exact bug. I know exactly what the bug is. When you transfer to another server, your achievements transfer too. Some achievements reward Cartel Coins, so in essence you could transfer a character to another server and gain quite a few cartel coins back. You also cannot make achievements account-wide because then people would lose the Cartel Coins they've earned on multiple servers.

I have known this since the first mention you made of Paid Transfers being removed from Game Update 2.1. I could fix this in five minutes. It's taken you a month to do absolutely nothing to solve this issue. In addition, I believe you had previously confirmed this was coming in 2.2. I hope you realize you slipped up badly.

I didn't think so. Find something better to do than calling the people who stand up for a game on its own forums a fanboy. Dumb***

Stuff happens. I've seen all kinds of delays and cancellations in different MMOs, I'm used to it. Could they have figured this out earlier? Could they have fixed it earlier? Probably, but I'm sympathetic in that it's a collection of human beings that design, bug check, and communicate back and forth on the subject, and with all the best effort and best intentions, sometimes things just don't turn out the way you planned. Does this annoy me? For 5 minutes, then I went back to going about my business for the day. I've been far more upset over other things in this game.

Clearly they have issues with working out problems and getting things ready for release on a set schedule. What could they do? Hire more Q&A? More project managers? I'm sure they'd like that, but the budget masters say no.

Would be nice if we could at least see some of the patch notes and stuff so we can plan ahead for buffs/nerfs and such. I will however say that I am disappointed as me and a buddy were finally going to get to get together on the same server and play both our mains together. Edited by Ojikori

This May be iqoired but you all are wining back my full trust I have even started stacking time on my two accounts again. I had time stacked till Nov this year and I was gonna let it go and go with ESOL ,

But sense then you have done some amazing stuff and the pure fact you are catching all of the really major bugs now and not letting it go live and see that we do in fact understand more, if you hold the patch a few days more is a

BIG PLUS IN MY BOOK .

SO my thought is if you all keep this up. I'm here to stay . as for the transfers hope there soon but I guess I have to wait longer .. I 'am disappointed as others are I was gonna get my sage on my server and go d,slf to wall with him till 55 from 50 . but that can wait .

I know I my thoughts don't mean much to anyone, I'm a no body to most . but have to say :

BIG THANK YOU

For putting up with me and Keep the work going . ) .

So no maintenance tonight? So all the people who have transferred and have their achievements totally screwed will continue to have them screwed longer? No fix for the pvp bug, no help on the mailbox and GTN lag issues, no achievement bug fixes... not to mention no new content. Awesome.

I'm gonna assume the glass is half full and say it's delayed because you are fixing all those things and it'll be done ASAP? And that when we do get maintenance, every bug will have disappeared?

New content is awesome, but please just focus on making what we have work! I want to do my achievements, it's something I actually like and it's bugged to hell, now even worse because of the transfer bug!

Please let's have some fixes soon :(

This May be iqoired but you all are wining back my full trust I have even started stacking time on my two accounts again. I had time stacked till Nov this year and I was gonna let it go and go with ESOL ,

But sense then you have done some amazing stuff and the pure fact you are catching all of the really major bugs now and not letting it go live and see that we do in fact understand more, if you hold the patch a few days more is a

BIG PLUS IN MY BOOK .

SO my thought is if you all keep this up. I'm here to stay . as for the transfers hope there soon but I guess I have to wait longer .. I 'am disappointed as others are I was gonna get my sage on my server and go d,slf to wall with him till 55 from 50 . but that can wait .

I know I my thoughts don't mean much to anyone, I'm a no body to most . but have to say :

BIG THANK YOU

For putting up with me and Keep the work going . ) .

It's hard to describe where I actually stand on all that's happened one on of swtor's gloomiest days, the 10th of june '13...

One think I probably didn't make clear is that I am glad they didn't launch the patch in a bugged state. I may come off as thinking that but that isn't it. I'm unhappy that it took them this long to realize the bug at all. You'd think they'd have plenty of time to bugtest a game update.

I think one of the bigger issues today wasn't exactly the problems themselves, but how they were delivered. What I mean by that is, you pretty much took all the bad news and threw it on one day, No good news. Not a good idea. Obviously some of this had to come out today (2.2 delay, paid transfer delay, etc), but I think something you could have executed better was the good news. Before the dev interview, as far as anyone knew, cross-server PvP had been a nearly-confirmed no. You should've painted it all over the walls. PvP'ers are a big part of the community, and a huge bit of good news for them was hardly emphasized.

Also, a new event. This event isn't going to take place for another month and a half, but it's still an awesome bit of news. It's probably early enough in development where you have no details to disclose aside from the date and the level range, but it's still an awesome bit of info.

I'd say there are a few things you should learn from this. Firstly... you did some stuff right. Not releasing a bugged patch, keeping your Community Managers updated, that is good stuff. Secondly, if at all possible, don't stack all your bad news on one day. Even if over the course of, say, a week, you have the same amount of bad information, putting it all on one day results in... well... look around. This. Thirdly, value your positive updates. Understand what the community is really looking for (such as cross-server q'ing) and when you have an update on it (such as it's happening) make a big deal about it. It's sort of like cards. When you have to play a bad-news card, it's nice to have a good-news card to go along with it. Finally, your bug checks should be schedualed to an earlier time. The only time a bug happens is when the game is changed, of course, so obviously the internal implimentation would need to be happening sooner as well. Doesn't mean patch releases should be, but when you internally impliment a patch onto your Closed Test Server or whatever you use to internally test new content, be running some bug check sooner so that you don't realize you've got a game-breaking bug the day before it's releasing.

At the end of the day, the patch is going to be delayed, what, one day? Two? In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, but a happy community is a thriving game, and while this outrage may seem like (and actually be) an overreaction, it's not unbased. You made a mistake, and the faster you understand it and take steps to prevent it in the future, the better this game will become.

Edited by idnewton

It's hard to describe where I actually stand on all that's happened one on of swtor's gloomiest days, the 10th of june '13...

One think I probably didn't make clear is that I am glad they didn't launch the patch in a bugged state. I may come off as thinking that but that isn't it. I'm unhappy that it took them this long to realize the bug at all. You'd think they'd have plenty of time to bugtest a game update.

I think one of the bigger issues today wasn't exactly the problems themselves, but how they were delivered. What I mean by that is, you pretty much took all the bad news and threw it on one day, No good news. Not a good idea. Obviously some of this had to come out today (2.2 delay, paid transfer delay, etc), but I think something you could have executed better was the good news. Before the dev interview, as far as anyone knew, cross-server PvP had been a nearly-confirmed no. You should've painted it all over the walls. PvP'ers are a big part of the community, and a huge bit of good news for them was hardly emphasized.

Also, a new event. This event isn't going to take place for another month and a half, but it's still an awesome bit of news. It's probably early enough in development where you have no details to disclose aside from the date and the level range, but it's still an awesome bit of info.

I'd say there are a few things you should learn from this. Firstly... you did some stuff right. Not releasing a bugged patch, keeping your Community Managers updated, that is good stuff. Secondly, if at all possible, don't stack all your bad news on one day. Even if over the course of, say, a week, you have the same amount of bad information, putting it all on one day results in... well... look around. This. Thirdly, value your positive updates. Understand what the community is really looking for (such as cross-server q'ing) and when you have an update on it (such as it's happening) make a big deal about it. It's sort of like cards. When you have to play a bad-news card, it's nice to have a good-news card to go along with it. Finally, your bug checks should be schedualed to an earlier time. The only time a bug happens is when the game is changed, of course, so obviously the internal implimentation would need to be happening sooner as well. Doesn't mean patch releases should be, but when you internally impliment a patch onto your Closed Test Server or whatever you use to internally test new content, be running some bug check sooner so that you don't realize you've got a game-breaking bug the day before it's releasing.

At the end of the day, the patch is going to be delayed, what, one day? Two? In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, but a happy community is a thriving game, and while this outrage may seem like (and actually be) an overreaction, it's not unbased. You made a mistake, and the faster you understand it and take steps to prevent it in the future, the better this game will become.

Don't worry I understand all of what you said , I am well a ware of how it all works . my whole ty is for really testing it and doing there job because if I remember right back when TFB came out we had bugs for weeks that were very bad , due to the same issue those bugs were posted on the PTS went live anyway and for a few patches now there have been delays which made me start looking at the game in a better light for now .

I hope I'm not wrong . I ment that TY . :)> YOU Are RIGHT I hope they see just what they need to do which it seems they do .

Edited by tanktest

Honestly you should hold off on 2.2 until you deliver your server transfer. I suspect 2.2.1 will take you *********** 3 weeks after 2.2 to even be released..

Not my fault ******. Groups form and disband on the flip of a coin, this was just an excuse for everyone, so now we have 14 PvEers on an RP server who can't stand to continue going in the same group.

IMO we should get that before 2.2.1 in the next week a update all its own but we won't but I can wait and hope it is with the next patch or sooner . you can do so much so long to some one till they just say *** no more .. I was close to that a few a weeks ago till today .. now how long can I wait for the transfers , I guess I wait and see ..

And 2.2 had nothing I was looking forward to more then the transfer's .

Edited by tanktest

You know this patch has the first progression race since EC NiM (11/15/2012). You know this patch has the possibility to revive ranked warzones by allowing server transfers.

Both PvE and PvP guilds have invested a lot in preparation for this patch on this specific day:

• PvEers took vacations days for progression and to race for a spot on world ranking,
  • PvPers took vacations days to have their strongest setup available for what was expected to be the most active ranked warzones week ever.

Whatever bug you may have found, please make sure it is worth destroying all these efforts made by your most dedicated players by postponing the patch/transfers.

You can always deploy 2.2 as planned and deploy a quick bug-fix patch a couple of days later.

You're not serious are you ? Your priorities in life are SERIOUSLY skewed if you take a couple sick days or waste hard earned (hic) vacation time to be the 1st guild in a game to complete an objective. I understand hardcore gamers but man, that's taking it to a whole new level.

The one that gets me the most :

"You can always deploy 2.2 as planned and deploy a quick bug-fix patch a couple of days later"

SAY WHAT ?!?!? I am soooo tired of them releasing content that breaks the game even more. To top it all off, how mad would you be if they did as you asked then a week later ended up having to roll the servers back because they released it prematurely chock full of bugs ? How would you feel about your "vacation time" then ?

Right... I'm a fanboy for calling someone who isn't even subscribed to the game yet ranting on it a wanna-be troll? Would a fanboy write this?

Been subscribed since December 2011, my sub ends until June 19, so I still am a sub and have every right to complain and defend my position, especially against incorrigible fanbots like you who don't see the catastrophe in front of you, even though the people running this game have been proving that for a long time now. The livestream was a vocal representation of the impasse of the game, too bad you can't see it.

How exactly am I a troll for cancelling sub out of sheer frustration due to the mismanagement of the game, please tell me.

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you an update on Paid Character Transfers since I know you have been curious about it with the delay of 2.2. Unfortunately, we have come across some bugs that are present with Character Transfers, specifically around Achievements. We definitely want to insure that we are providing the best service possible when you pay to transfer your character.

Know that unlike Game Update 2.2, fixing this is a bit more involved and so Paid Character Transfers will no longer be launching with 2.2. This is entirely subject to change as we work through it, but the next likely launch target is 2.2.1. I apologize for the delay on this, I know many of you were looking forward to transferring your characters this week. We will get it out as soon as we can!

-eric

Eric, I'm not very impressed that you apologise for the delay in launching paid character transfers - but don't apologise to those of us already forced to transfer from APAC servers whose achievements are ALREADY bugged! Where is our fix? When is that coming?

Instead of apologising to people whose games are currently functional, how about sparing some thought for those of us who have about 90% of our achievements currently completely broken?

The effort should be going into fixing it for us - as should the apologies. You gave us a broken transfer system so we could test it for your paid transfers. Where's the acknowledgement of that?

PS And if anyone thinks we weren't forced to transfer yet, check out the server pop on APAC servers. They died as soon as transfers opened.

Edited by CrazyMcGee

What the focking damn god, really? Please get some Dogs oder cats to take care of your updates, they will do it better. Its a joke, the pve content is done in the release id (and no we got no experience on ptr) the pvp content is boring as it always was and now you got a loooot of bugs and **** in this stuüid patch? Really go home.. i hope that ESO will come soon. Dont want to play a Bioware and EA ***** game anymore....

For our great devs team:

As you see about those threads, some took vacation,some took days off at work, and some really want this game update like my self, but for one reason: PAID CHARACTER TRANSFERS. In this MMo life, for you guys i know there´s bugs, issues to solve, because we pay for the game, and the players feedback is important to make and continuing develop a better game... As i know for sure, paid character transfers i´ll not be live on 6/11.

For this anticipation of a game update, schedules with guild members waiting for today for transfer a toon for a raid, and so on, will subs have any compensation??? i think you should put that in mind, we are your royal customers, as a fact that we pay for this game.

Please take in consideration all the players, but, most attention the subs :-) once again, we pay for this, we make THIS along with you guys.

Have a nice day...

May the force be with you all

Bravo devs, seriously. You guys manage to keep your cool and do quite a bit of updating so these people know what's going on. They act like entitled little ***** for the most part, and I know for a fact I could never handle people like that. So, I commend you, and good luck with having to deal with these rude ****heads in the future.