Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I'm happy the transfers are finally coming in. And find it hilarious people are calling 250-300ms ping 'unplayable'. You've clearly been sheltered by Biowares generosity for too long. How many other popular MMO's do you know that have dedicated APAC servers?

I've said this on many occasions. Seem to be an awful lot of people trying to speak on behalf of everyone else. I know very few people in our guild who actually want to be forced to merge with other server types. Not real keen on moving servers of any type but better than playing on a server where you can play all evening and not get a group finder pop.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

I know you have been waiting a bit for an update and I wanted to pop in and do exactly that. Starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will all be allowed a free one time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server. In the last update I gave I told all of you that we were expanding where your one-time transfer could go to include all NA-West servers. After seeing quite a few requests to expand it further, we are going to allow you a one-time transfer to any SWTOR server. To reiterate, starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will be allowed a one-time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server to any other non-APAC server.

Thanks!

-eric

That sounds good and all Eric but we would also love the idea to have the ability for a whole guild transfer as well. Sure if we do have a US guild already formed up and ready to go we could jump in and reform it but I think you guys are missing a flexible feature that is important for guild leaders transferring our guild bank and members from one server to another.

I would recommend wavering this and allow us to rebuild our guilds for free with four guild tabs and take it from there. However I know that it might not happen but worth a try on asking instead of leaving people high and dry if we do end up putting the requests in the coming few days just to make it occur.

So it's now June 5th and nothing has been said about transfers. I was hoping to put mine in before bed. Sigh.

Same here, on the character transfer page :

"The character transfer service is currently unavailable."

Eric, when you said Tuesday June 4th for APAC transfers, did it occur to you that the players who are concerned by this actually live in APAC (Meaning at least UTC +8h)....

I get the feeling that this is going to be one of those moments when the poor sub lackey who was in charge of this thing wakes up in the morning with a start thinking "****! Thats what i forgot to do before i left work yesterday......"

:rolleyes:

I get the feeling that this is going to be one of those moments when the poor sub lackey who was in charge of this thing wakes up in the morning with a start thinking "****! Thats what i forgot to do before i left work yesterday......"

You sir get +1interwebs for making me laugh so hard.... That guy would totaly be me if it did happen!

You give them more credit than they are due.

when Musco comes back from his 2 week scheduled Holiday, he'll ask the lackey, "So how did the APAC transfers go?"

Then the lackey says: "****! Thats what i forgot to do ....."

You give them more credit than they are due.

when Musco comes back from his 2 week scheduled Holiday, he'll ask the lackey, "So how did the APAC transfers go?"

Then the lackey says: "****! Thats what i forgot to do ....."

You forgot to mention his Holiday was to Australia....that'd just piss me off lol

Edited by jarshr

So it's now June 5th and nothing has been said about transfers. I was hoping to put mine in before bed. Sigh.

It is 10am June 4th at Bioware HQ. I would expect them to start rolling things out within the next hour.

They JUST got to work. Let them at least finish a cup of coffee before you start freaking out.

I don't know about where you work, but I'm expected to start working when I'm at work, not stuff about drinking coffee. Hell, I'm usually working on the train remotely and then dialing in when I get home if there's a push or launch going.

I don't know about where you work, but I'm expected to start working when I'm at work, not stuff about drinking coffee. Hell, I'm usually working on the train remotely and then dialing in when I get home if there's a push or launch going.

I was not implying that they sit around drinking coffee, I was implying that it takes more than an "OK we are at the office now, push the magic button that makes everything happen".

I was not implying that they sit around drinking coffee, I was implying that it takes more than an "OK we are at the office now, push the magic button that makes everything happen".

Given they intended to have the transfers up and running today, and yesterday was a public holiday, I'd expect them to have had the system ready to go last week, and all that was needed today was a button press.

But then perhaps the work I've done in software and launches has been rather more carefully managed.

Sweet, can you post a link to your MMO? I would like to give it a try.

You don't need to run an MMO to have some business savvy.

If you have a deadline you have promised to your customers, you do not start working on it from 9am the day of the deadline. This should have been ready to roll prior to today, and proper notification given to the customers impacted by the move.

You don't need to run an MMO to have some business savvy.

If you have a deadline you have promised to your customers, you do not start working on it from 9am the day of the deadline. This should have been ready to roll prior to today, and proper notification given to the customers impacted by the move.

Maybe it is ready. Maybe they are just doing some last minute checks. Maybe they are stuck in a meeting with some corporate idiot. Who knows? My point is, just relax. We have been waiting 11 months for transfers, another hour isn't going to kill you.

Hell, I still have to wait another whole week.

• Dev Post

Hey guys,

Some of you will start to notice the APAC servers becoming visibly locked. This is one of the first steps towards opening free transfers. We are actively working on getting transfers up and running as I type this. I will give you updates as I have them.

-eric

Hey guys,

Some of you will start to notice the APAC servers becoming visibly locked. This is one of the first steps towards opening free transfers. We are actively working on getting transfers up and running as I type this. I will give you updates as I have them.

-eric

Thanks! Is there any kind of ETA?