Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kathleen Kennedy has finally shown her true colors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kathleen Kennedy has finally shown her true colors

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
12.18.2017 , 05:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
And already it looks like it's tanking.

A friend of mine on Reddit said he went to an 8pm saturday showing and barely anyone was in the theater. And he lives in a big city. Also one just has to look at social media, so far facebook, twitter, reddit and the chans are blasting the film. I get the feeling it will be on dvd in another 3 months at this point.

What a waste of a movie. Disney just dropped the ball big time and at this point? They should just call it quits with Star Wars. They have Avatar now and that can be the big money maker. Star Wars and the Marvel movies just went about being too sjw for their own good.
The saturday showing of 12:45 PM had a full theatre, completely full here and it was in a big city too. Actually, it was one of the last showings I could book tickets for A MONTH in advance to that saturday. I believe it is a matter of perspective and that perhaps many went to the showings earlier that week. People try to prove that this movie isn't succesful but here in the Netherlands all the media are reporting that currently the Last Jedi is breaking records of how many viewers it has attracted.

From what I am hearing around me a majority of people is very satisfied with the Last Jedi, while a small and vocal group of fans are negative. Or so it appears from my perspective.
The Twi'lek Crusader
It is time for the Twi'lek species to receive new appearance customization options, because they have been neglected since launch.
If you agree with this... do please click on my referral link!

VarKoE's Avatar


VarKoE
12.18.2017 , 10:43 AM | #12
you guys are hilarious. Cool if you don't like it. Everyone has that choice, but you may want to actually check some facts before you guys post. 2nd highest gross all time is not a bomb and projections are now upwards of 1.7Billion not counting merchandising, tv rights, etc (see RT article on weekend gross)

Anyway, fine you don't like it, but making up facts to support your opinion is not necessary. Just don't like it.

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
12.18.2017 , 12:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by VarKoE View Post
you guys are hilarious. Cool if you don't like it. Everyone has that choice, but you may want to actually check some facts before you guys post. 2nd highest gross all time is not a bomb and projections are now upwards of 1.7Billion not counting merchandising, tv rights, etc (see RT article on weekend gross)

Anyway, fine you don't like it, but making up facts to support your opinion is not necessary. Just don't like it.
^ This. People will twist anything to suit their opinion while blatantly ignoring facts especially if they contradict what they believe. But it has happened in the past on the forums and sadly will be used as a method of "argumentation" for decades to come
The Twi'lek Crusader
It is time for the Twi'lek species to receive new appearance customization options, because they have been neglected since launch.
If you agree with this... do please click on my referral link!

CloudCastle's Avatar


CloudCastle
12.18.2017 , 02:11 PM | #14
Movie seems to be doing very well and I've seen nothing but positive reviews so far. Movie theater in my area sold out all showings for days.

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
12.18.2017 , 05:23 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
Movie seems to be doing very well and I've seen nothing but positive reviews so far. Movie theater in my area sold out all showings for days.
Same here. The people I hear talking about it are ranging from positive to very positive, but I didn't hear anyone being negative in my surroundings. As I said, I think it's a vocal minority who don't like the movie and don't want others to like the movie, it's a sad thing
The Twi'lek Crusader
It is time for the Twi'lek species to receive new appearance customization options, because they have been neglected since launch.
If you agree with this... do please click on my referral link!

JennyFlynn's Avatar


JennyFlynn
12.18.2017 , 05:45 PM | #16
I think there are those who are too caught up in what 'must be', according to their own vision of the Star Wars universe and their hopes/desires for this film. It's so ingrained in them they cannot accept this new universe and story. I believe Trekkies went through this too with ST:TNG but I mean, just as our world evolves and changes, so does the Star Wars universe and things will not be as they were, which is okay.

I also believe it's dangerous for writers and directors to follow the exact desires and demands of die-hard fans. It would lead to a movie enjoyed only by a small circle, an extremely specific crowd which I think would actually be detrimental to the franchise as a whole.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
12.18.2017 , 05:54 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
I think there are those who are too caught up in what 'must be', according to their own vision of the Star Wars universe and their hopes/desires for this film. It's so ingrained in them they cannot accept this new universe and story. I believe Trekkies went through this too with ST:TNG but I mean, just as our world evolves and changes, so does the Star Wars universe and things will not be as they were, which is okay.

I also believe it's dangerous for writers and directors to follow the exact desires and demands of die-hard fans. It would lead to a movie enjoyed only by a small circle, an extremely specific crowd which I think would actually be detrimental to the franchise as a whole.
I have been nodding very heavily at every single word you just have written done. What you say is so very much true.

I get it, I had my own theories and speculations when going into the movie myself. I was a firm believer of the theory that Snoke was Valkorion, I truly believed that and hoped it would be revealed in the Last Jedi. Guess what, I was wrong! Did it ruin my vision and enjoyment of the movie? Not even one bit. Because it is one thing to have speculations that you don't hold onto and another to have you wants for a movie that when they aren't fulfilled the exact way you wanted them to make you hate the movie. The latter is what is happening to the people who hate on the Last Jedi. They had their wants for this movie that had to be fulfilled or otherwise they would be outraged and some even insulted. Because the director didn't share in their thoughts and wants... silly, isn't it?
The Twi'lek Crusader
It is time for the Twi'lek species to receive new appearance customization options, because they have been neglected since launch.
If you agree with this... do please click on my referral link!

Merwanor's Avatar


Merwanor
12.18.2017 , 08:55 PM | #18
I have loved every Star Wars movie so far, but this movie was truly terrible. It ruined Luke, it ruined the story they began in Force Awakens, it is filled with so many glaring plot holes that I can't believe that people actually enjoyed this drivel of a movie. To each their own I guess.

I really have no reason to watch episode 9 now as I have no interest in the remaining characters as they are not interesting anymore. I have never been so devastated by a movie before. I think I have lost some of my interest for Star Wars all together because of this movie. Heck I recently subscribed to SWTOR because I thought I would get a big feel for playing something Star Wars again. But now I don't really want to.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

JennyFlynn's Avatar


JennyFlynn
12.18.2017 , 09:18 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
I have been nodding very heavily at every single word you just have written done. What you say is so very much true.

I get it, I had my own theories and speculations when going into the movie myself. I was a firm believer of the theory that Snoke was Valkorion, I truly believed that and hoped it would be revealed in the Last Jedi. Guess what, I was wrong! Did it ruin my vision and enjoyment of the movie? Not even one bit. Because it is one thing to have speculations that you don't hold onto and another to have you wants for a movie that when they aren't fulfilled the exact way you wanted them to make you hate the movie. The latter is what is happening to the people who hate on the Last Jedi. They had their wants for this movie that had to be fulfilled or otherwise they would be outraged and some even insulted. Because the director didn't share in their thoughts and wants... silly, isn't it?
I had theories and hopes as well. I'd hoped for a TOR tie-in through Snoke being Vitiate and I had hoped Rey was connected to Obi Wan in some fashion. I'd suspected more likely Luke's daughter. None of it happened and of course, I had a split second of "Oh..." but I got over it fast and I'm pleased with what they have done. In fact, in retrospect, I am actually really happy Rey isn't "related to" but rather her own individual person--a woman strong enough to matter on her own merits without being tied to any of the greats. Better yet is the fact it does connect her to Anakin in a way, through what they have in common--both are 'nobodies' with an extraordinary gift, no special parents, no famous lineage, just them being their own selves.

The internet, podcasts, theory crafters, they are somewhat to blame for this. Many invested so much time dissecting TFA and the entire Star Wars history to theorize and predict future events and fans put a lot of stock into all the speculations and predictions. Which, I mean it's fine, it's part of being a fan and feeling psyched about something but it can lead to a sense of huge disappointment when it doesn't play out. I watch those videos too and discuss theories with my guy and friends but more with an air of "Huh, that'd be cool" because I don't want to reach that point of feeling utterly let down if there's a sudden entirely different twist.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
12.18.2017 , 11:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
I had theories and hopes as well. I'd hoped for a TOR tie-in through Snoke being Vitiate and I had hoped Rey was connected to Obi Wan in some fashion. I'd suspected more likely Luke's daughter. None of it happened and of course, I had a split second of "Oh..." but I got over it fast and I'm pleased with what they have done. In fact, in retrospect, I am actually really happy Rey isn't "related to" but rather her own individual person--a woman strong enough to matter on her own merits without being tied to any of the greats. Better yet is the fact it does connect her to Anakin in a way, through what they have in common--both are 'nobodies' with an extraordinary gift, no special parents, no famous lineage, just them being their own selves.

The internet, podcasts, theory crafters, they are somewhat to blame for this. Many invested so much time dissecting TFA and the entire Star Wars history to theorize and predict future events and fans put a lot of stock into all the speculations and predictions. Which, I mean it's fine, it's part of being a fan and feeling psyched about something but it can lead to a sense of huge disappointment when it doesn't play out. I watch those videos too and discuss theories with my guy and friends but more with an air of "Huh, that'd be cool" because I don't want to reach that point of feeling utterly let down if there's a sudden entirely different twist.
The problem for some, they grew up on the original (Luke, Han, Leia) and for them nothing or no one will be able to compare no matter what. Don't get me wrong I loved them as much as most but I have also learned to watch the movie for itself without the necessity of having the original people in the movies. Was I sad that Han was killed before, yes. Sad about Luke yea but I sit back and watch the movie for itself and not for what I want to see. Even here in my small town both theaters are full.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj