Does Anyone Else Play SwgEmu?

Kamine

I'm talking specifically about the SwgEmu server Basilisk. My IGN name is V'ecs Nyberg. If you also play, leave a reply or send me a tell in game. I love Star Wars Galaxies far more than SWTOR and I'd love to make some new friends who play it as well.

That`s ancient history. I understand it was an awesome game, but it`s dated and I moved on. SWG overall was better than SWTOR, but it`s over.

but the only thing that would be dated about it would be its graphics. and even that there are NEW mmo's that have just as good graphics if not worse B^P

but the only thing that would be dated about it would be its graphics. and even that there are NEW mmo's that have just as good graphics if not worse B^P

2 more things: 3000 - 5000 players online and grind heavy. Not that SWTOR is some undiscovered gem, but I can`t drag myself to "mob grinding" anymore. I`d rather play this carebear game, where I swoosh with my saber, not grind like it`s 2004 over again.

I guess there is a third, now that I think about it: That way of gaining levels / skills is over. There always will be some die-hard fans, but I`m not one of them anymore.

Love the game but it is feeling outdated in terms of graphics. Of course, many of the features from 2003 slap SWTOR in the face.

Time to finally let it go - the most successful PAID to play Star Wars MMO in history. (8 years without any F2P options, despite NGE! vs SWTOR 6 months BOOM and F2P)

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Love the game but it is feeling outdated in terms of graphics. Of course, many of the features from 2003 slap SWTOR in the face.

Time to finally let it go - the most successful PAID to play Star Wars MMO in history. (8 years without any F2P options, despite NGE! vs SWTOR 6 months BOOM and F2P)

Love how fans can come up with weird statements. Noone in the business world or video game development could ever say SWG was the most successful paid anything.

Love how fans can come up with weird statements. Noone in the business world or video game development could ever say SWG was the most successful paid anything.

It is when you compare it to SWTOR. Can't compare it to Clone Wars MMO because that was free to play from the start.

I'm not asking for people to discuss it, jeez. If you don't want to play it that is perfectly fine! I'm just looking for people who do. Also if you lost your CDs or something (or the digital download in that one guy's case) contact me through email (cyborg.booyah@yahoo.com) and we can discuss other ways to obtain the files you need.

I'm not asking for people to discuss it, jeez. If you don't want to play it that is perfectly fine! I'm just looking for people who do. Also if you lost your CDs or something (or the digital download in that one guy's case) contact me through email (cyborg.booyah@yahoo.com) and we can discuss other ways to obtain the files you need.

Yeah but why come here to enquire about it? That is what I don't understand. I mean you said you much prefer it, so why bother posting at all?

Yeah but why come here to enquire about it? That is what I don't understand. I mean you said you much prefer it, so why bother posting at all?

Is there some law limiting me to only playing 1 MMO at a time? I didn't think there was. I came here because I've heard a lot in game (SWTOR) general chat people talking about how much they like/miss SWG so I figure there are probably some people who play the SWG Emu as well.

As I said before, I'm just trying to make friends of mutual interests. Now can we move on and just have this thread be about people meeting up in SWG EMU servers?

Is there some law limiting me to only playing 1 MMO at a time? I didn't think there was. I came here because I've heard a lot in game (SWTOR) general chat people talking about how much they like/miss SWG so I figure there are probably some people who play the SWG Emu as well.

As I said before, I'm just trying to make friends of mutual interests. Now can we move on and just have this thread be about people meeting up in SWG EMU servers?

There is a difference missing SWG THEN, when it was actually nice and on official servers and missing SWG NOW, with a peak of 5000 players.

For me, I miss the idea of SWG, or the smart ideas in it - like crafting and the leveling progression. But I don`t miss it enough to drag my *** into it.

Edited by Styxx

That's not the point. The point is this is a different game completely, and asking to meet people for another game on this game's forum is not the way to do it. And no their is no law, play what you want, just know people don't take kindly to enquires about an old game that can only be played using emulators.

There is a difference missing SWG THEN, when it was actually nice and on official servers and missing SWG NOW, with a peak of 5000 players.

For me, I miss the idea of SWG, or the smart ideas in it - like crafting and the leveling progression. But I don`t miss it enough to drag my *** into it.

Totally agree. I miss the Bounty Hunting, it was simply brilliant. Shame Biowares idea of Bounty Hunting is to run generic stale NPC driven quests.

SWG was way ahead of its time, using tech that wasnt the norm but I would welcome an updated version, with a proper Star Wars story (not class driven) where all players are fighting for their faction to restore order to the Galaxy.

The fact it let those who loved combat - fight, those who love to make things, craft and helped create an economy that worked. Players always searching the best crafters for the best weapons - who remembers 'The items falls apart in your hands' when trying to slice something? lol

That's not the point. The point is this is a different game completely, and asking to meet people for another game on this game's forum is not the way to do it. And no their is no law, play what you want, just know people don't take kindly to enquires about an old game that can only be played using emulators.

Okay well if you guys don't like me posting about it (or whatever your problems may be) then please commenting. I have already gotten 2 in game mails in SWGEMU from people who have seen my post here. That obviously means there are some people still wanting to play it, so my thread isn't making everyone here pissed (for no good reason might I add).

If people "don't take kindly to enquires about an old game that can only be played using emulators" then go do something else. No one is forcing you to be here and some people want to contact each other.

-------------JEEZ I HOPE THAT PUTS THE IRRELEVANT PART OF THIS THREAD BEHIND US-----------

Anyone else looking to contact me in SWG EMU you can leave a reply here or send an in game mail to " V'ecs Nyberg "

And if you don't play SWG EMU yet but you want to, send an email to " Cyborg.booyah@yahoo.com " and I'll gladly help you to getting you set up. You don't really need the CDs, though it would be a little easier if you had them.

well there are a lot for former SWG players who are playing TOR. so kind of makes sense for him to ask on these forums.

That`s ancient history. I understand it was an awesome game, but it`s dated and I moved on. SWG overall was better than SWTOR, but it`s over.

I never played SWG, so I can't say much about the game. What I can say though, is that SWG was out for a lot longer than SWTOR. Most likely, SWG's launch didn't have a lot of the things it had when it ended. It had player housing, I gather, as well as Space Combat.

SWTOR still seems like it's on the right track, but it's simply going to take that same amount of time (roughly) to get that amount of content across. I do understand that SWG's housing and Space systems were better, but I'm sure SWTOR's will be developed over time.

I never played SWG, so I can't say much about the game. What I can say though, is that SWG was out for a lot longer than SWTOR. Most likely, SWG's launch didn't have a lot of the things it had when it ended. It had player housing, I gather, as well as Space Combat.

SWTOR still seems like it's on the right track, but it's simply going to take that same amount of time (roughly) to get that amount of content across. I do understand that SWG's housing and Space systems were better, but I'm sure SWTOR's will be developed over time.

SWG's space cannot be compared to TOR's space, SWG's space was like in the movies, you get in your ship and fly out into space and go wherever you wanted, it wasn't a mini game like TOR's

SWG's housing was amazing!!! and you had a reason to go into other peoples houses and guild halls. that was where peoples stores were! not to mention just getting to see some of the amazing things people built in their homes/guild halls.

yea you may not have been Luke or Han from the movies but you felt like you were one of the extras walk across the street in the background. and i really liked it that you had to go up to a wookie and get them to teach you their language in order to know what they were saying, for some reason that was so awesome to me, and you could learn your skills from other players instead of having to go to an NPC

wow actually it is the point. Yes this is a totally different game but its still star wars and all that is being asked is anyone from here is by chance playing the SWGemu... What is the big harm in that, its just a question, its not like its gonna cause the end of the GD world or something. And yea there isnt a law that says you can play what you want and as a question also wow glad that you have been nominated to answer enquires about an old game that can only be played using emulators LOL, anyway to answer the enquire yes i also play the SWGemu also and quite enjoy it, love all the aspects about it the bounty hunting, crafting the overall playing the game.

anyway to answer the enquire yes i also play the SWGemu also and quite enjoy it, love all the aspects about it the bounty hunting, crafting the overall playing the game.

Awesome! What's your in game name if you don't mind me asking?

It is when you compare it to SWTOR. Can't compare it to Clone Wars MMO because that was free to play from the start.

SWTORs sub count when it went F2P was higher than the peak sub count for SWG. SWG sub count was 30k when they decided to not extend the license. F2P vs P2P is about market saturation and the reality of limited market share, which is why almost all MMOs are hybrid F2P/P2P. It really isn't that strong an indicator of success.

SWTORs sub count when it went F2P was higher than the peak sub count for SWG. SWG sub count was 30k when they decided to not extend the license. F2P vs P2P is about market saturation and the reality of limited market share, which is why almost all MMOs are hybrid F2P/P2P. It really isn't that strong an indicator of success.

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png When it launched it had 300k subs and it kept said subs well after a year. If you compare it to the games OF ITS TIME, it was actually doing reasonably ok. It still has 200k subs in 2006, three years after launch, with a drop of only 33% subs in 3 years... which is considerably less that what this game had, or how it looked at the one year mark, let alone 3.

And it`s competitor, Lineage, had most of its subs in Korea, as it wasn`t THAT popular in the West.

FYI, this game lost 33% of its subs in half a year.

Edited by Styxx