#1 Concern for pvp (combat as a whole)

Corwingeorge

instant attacks not being instant. there have been many threads about this and ive made a couple myself. but i can't stand combat as is.

waiting for the animation to go through kills combat and really kills pvp. i never feel in control of my character.

I have no idea when my abilities are going off because im constantly waiting for my animation to go through.

seeing the numbers go off instantly above my targets head lets me know my attack went through successfully.

in a game with no auto attack, waiting to see if an ability that requires a certain condition (behind target, stunned target) is going to go off, is a big deal.

in a 1v1 fight (NPC and player) i need to constantly be doing something or i will fall behind. this is normal in any MMO. the difference here is that ill press my backblast (requires to be behind target) and be spamming another failsafe ability WHILE my guy is supposed to be pulling his shotgun out, just in case it isn't going through.

pvp is chaos, it's fun chaos. but this kind of chaos is not fun at all

Edited by Corwingeorge

I guess I'll add something constructive to undo that negative karma. :p

One of my big gripe is when casted abilities do the animation but don't actually go through (no numbers over anyone's head).

Or when your abilities stop working and you have to re-target the person.

Or when you're in cover (Smuggles/IA only) and your abilities interrupt themselves sometimes because of a "LoS" issue even when it's a clear shot or without any specific error at all. (Abilities just cancel mid cast...)

I guess I'll add something constructive to undo that negative karma. :p

One of my big gripe is when casted abilities do the animation but don't actually go through (no numbers over anyone's head).

Or when your abilities stop working and you have to re-target the person.

Or when you're in cover (Smuggles/IA only) and your abilities interrupt themselves sometimes because of a "LoS" issue even when it's a clear shot or without any specific error at all. (Abilities just cancel mid cast...)

besides the first one those are just bugs that im certain they'll fix. the animation delay is on purpose

ive noticed that it assesses the dmg to your target well before the annimation ends. Its very evident with maul on an assassin/shadow. the annimation will start but about the time he rares back to backstab the enemy targets healthbar goes down then it stabs him in the back. But thats the way THIS game works.

I've only had this happen once and awhile using Vicious Slash on my Jugg. It's got that big slow overhand animation, I'll use it, he'll wind up but right before he drops it and damage goes off I get a "target not in sight" and they are clearly within range of my camera. *shrug* More often than not though things work and hell, Ravage is just wierd as hell. As long as they don't get farther than 5m from me I swear to god all 3 shots will hit regardless of what direction I face.

That's the main reason I can't get myself to play a melee char in this game. Waiting for skills animation to go off to do damage makes it feel sluggish and boring. When I play ranged it doesn't feel sluggish because there's a cast bar and it's basically casting a spell.

Maybe they should add cast bars to melee. I dunno. But I tried and just can't do it. I got a jedi sentinel to 17 so in a sense I gave it a fair shot. Oh well, there are plenty of ranged type chars that I can play instead and that's what I'll do.